Need for Speed Heat

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    The game also has the same texture streaming issue that payback did... ugh.

signex likes this.
  2. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I know it's an arcade racer but being able to drive through trees and brick walls is a little ridiculous.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I guess the game is still using the Frostbite Engine?

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Thats some heavy cpu usage on all those threads. I can imagine 8threads would be 100% all the time. Shame game is running dx11 though.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    it is crazy , probably some anti-piracy crap

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    Yeah I don't care for that much either. But I do have to admit the driving does feel really nice, especially the handbrake and drifting. This still doesn't feel like a true successor to the Underground games, but I think it's better than many of their recent offerings. NFS 2011 from Criterion was probably the last good one that was released. This will be a good purchase when it goes on sale a year from now.

ramthegamer and signex like this.
  7. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Love the com chatter from the cops and the whole atmosphere at night, but the driving experience seems to be sluggish at best. Really sad.

9. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Midnight Club Los Angeles is still the best open world street racing game.

Cockpit view at 3:36.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 3:44 PM
    Darren Hodgson likes this.
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    Well son of a bitch, I played for an hour right after the trial finished downloaded. Now it's crashing during the main menu. Just confirms that this is a budget buy.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    It crashed quiet often on the ps4 pro. :(

12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Awesome game played for over 12 hours not a single crash. My best NFS game experience after mw 2005.

ramthegamer likes this.
  13. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Played for about 4 hours,game has good graphics look to it,got game on a SSD but I noticed textures are loading slow.I have to give the game more time, still not getting into the game yet.Maybe it will be like Metro Exodus slow start but it eventually grows on you.

The game also hits the CPU hard but that is a great test for CPU overclocks.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no there isn't.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    What a disappointment this is considering this has had a longer than usual development cycle. The loot box crap has now gone, thank goodness, but everything else about the game is pretty much the same as Payback. The visuals, while nice enough, are that amazing when you realise how utterly lifeless the environment is that you drive around in. You only see people during circuit races and cutscenes otherwise the city is empty of life and even vehicles. The game comes to life at night with the neon lighting and I wonder if perhaps the game should have been set *only* then rather than having both day and night events. Daytime driving is fairly bland and there's plenty of noticeable draw in even maxed out.

I don't think Frostbite is a particularly good fit for this game as the game struggles to run at 60 fps on Ultra 2560x1440 settings on my system, usually hovering between 35 and 55 fps during races and only hitting 60 fps while driving around the empty city. Not sure what it is doing to warrant that kind of performance hit but Forza Horizon 4 looks far better than this game IMO *and* runs better. The game still lacks a cockpit view as well.

The whole game just reeks of laziness IMO; it does the absolute minium to tick all the requirements for a Need for Speed game while failing to advance it in anyway. The best thing about the game is the car handling; the drifting/handbrake is fun to use but the game still lacks any real sense of speed. Hit the nitrous and the car still feels like it is going at the same lethargic speed. Hardly thrilling at all.

Don't get me wrong, the game is not awful, it is just utterly average compared with other games such as Forza Horizon 3 or 4. Ghost, the developers, should take note of those games and also the superb Midnight Club: Los Angeles for inspiration for future NFS games. Rockstar's game is a classic IMO and the best Need for Speed game that isn't called Need for Speed to date even though it came out on Xbox 360 and PS3 years ago. It had better characters, a better storyline, actual missions, a city that felt lived in and fun to drive around plus a fantastic sense of speed during races even for a 30 fps racer.

Cronik likes this.
  17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I ended up uninstalling this game.
    As Darren Hodgson stated, the game is lifeless and also extremely boring for me.Would be awesome if you could just get out of the car and do something different.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    wait 1 year for some updates, then try again!

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nfs games don't really need to be alive, but some traffic is expected.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Take Grand Theft Auto 5, combine it with Need for Speed.... that would be cool.