Need for Speed Heat

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 14, 2019.

1. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Looks OK. I'd be more than happy with a remaster of the original NFS Underground, with modern tweaks here and there (minus any kind of Microtransactions too).

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea cheesy plastic car kits on plastic looking cars.

yea its just like street "racing" needs more neon tho.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    why u guys keep complaining, at least it is the same engine nfs 2015, and same kind of driving, im more than happy with that, plus the nfs underground vibe, this is how it is and to me the game is fine to enjoy nostalgia with good graphics engine

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I just hope we have nissan silvia here, nostalgia coming up....

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/need-for-speed-heat-gamescom-enttaeuschung,3348188.html

The German mag Gamestar played NFSH on the gamescom ( on PS4: day and night races with police, also some tuning ) and mentioned they were afraid of some issues which might not be fixed until release:
    - the city is totally empty (if you have the time to look at it)
    - when switching through parts in the tuning screen textures take ages to load to HQ, same with clothing for your avatar
    - lots of fps slowdowns and hiccups during races, some even lead to accidents
    - all the smoothing filters and reflective effects make it hard to look far ahead, leading to accidents if you dont check the map
    - damage on the cars is pretty much non existant, breaking the atmosphere
    - other cars ram you all the time making it feel like Flatout, not an NFS title
    - cars drive too sluggish and react too late to control changes
    - cars become unstable even in low speed curves. you can't win without nitro boosts.
    - overtaking of AI cars breaks the immersion, esp when you in a Porsche dont stand a chance against normal police cars. Even on grass or rubble police is faster than cars on the road.

The guy at Gamestar is an old MostWanted fan and was really lookin forward to it. Has now lost all hope EA can fix this until November.

Doesn't sound good.

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    very sad, looks awful, they have destroyed one of the best franchises...

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Fantastic, i will grab it when it is on sale and then it can sit next to the last 3 NFS games i have yet to touch or even look at. Lol

No i am joking, i won't even grab it on sale. Lol

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Man why does Ea always messes up this franchise? I mean the people there the game designers they are told? Make the game like this or what?are they retarded? Why is EA behaving like this? Why can t we have a proper NFS title like old times i just don t understand, why? Can someone explain to me?

10. chr!s

chr!s Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    cheesy and cringy... I'm in!

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    can someone at least reply to my question, please?

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    - Yes
    - Because $$$
    - Because ppl will buy it anyway just for the name/brand.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Need for Speed (1994)
    Need for Speed II (1997)
    Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit (1998)
    Need for Speed: High Stakes (1999)
    Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (2000)
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (2002)
    Need for Speed: Underground (2003)
    Need for Speed: Underground 2 (2004)
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)

Need for Speed: Carbon (2006)
    Need for Speed: ProStreet (2007)
    Need for Speed: Undercover (2008)
    Need for Speed: Shift (2009)
    Need for Speed: Nitro (2009)
    Need for Speed: World (2010)
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
    Shift 2: Unleashed (2011)
    Need for Speed: The Run (2011)
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
    Need for Speed Rivals (2013)
    Need for Speed: No Limits (2015)
    Need for Speed (2015)
    Need for Speed Payback (2017)

The only ones I enjoyed were the ones released from 2000-2005. To be fair, have not touched an NFS title since 2013, so cant comment on those after other than simply having lost faith in the franchise since then. Would be cool if they just handed over the series to a more accomplished studio like CodeMasters to let them have a crack at it.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i quite liked undercover, but for some reason since a particular windows patch the damn thing hangs after the ea network login screen in a Punkbuster Send/Receive function. lol!

i've been playing the online one on and off instead, its not bad.
    sucks that theres so much time spent waiting on their network though.

Edit

Not caused by a windows patch, its caused by Core count, the same freeze occurs across all windows editions as long as the Disk copy is patched to 1.0.18 or above (origin is above)

Steam edition by default is not affected, until you apply the unofficial 1.0.18 update as it is a 1.0.0.1 version.

Using msconfig to restrict to 8 cores (which disables 2 cores and their hyperthreads on a 6c/12th cpu) lets the game continue past the point it hangs.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Up to 2005 I was enjoying every installment. Personal favorites were Hot Pursuit, Porsche Unleashed and Most Wanted. After that it all went from bad to worse. The only one I have played and enjoyed was the Most Wanted reboot, but probably because it was a reskin of Burnout.

This new one looks like all the crap before it. I get a mobile vibe from it. I really don’t know what is wrong with EA, other than .. well it’s EA, what do you expect .. And in a world where Forza Horizon exists, other will have do a lot more than that crap, to compete in the arcade racer genre IMO..

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I know it's a silly idea but I kind of wish there was a hard core game mode where vehicle damage was similar to BeamNG and the player character inside the car could actually get killed in a serious crash, and if the vehicle was only damaged to the point of no longer working, the player character could get out and walk around to get to another car.... no guns! only cars and running away from police hehe.. I love soft-body physics.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i got my disk for need for speed hp III

and need for speed 1

going through the disks my buddy sent. :p

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Forza is.more of a sim driving inside an arcade racer, a gamer dream come true tbh

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    No mico-transactions, constant internet connection, or loot boxes. Starting to sound more and more like a true Underground successor.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    ramthegamer likes this.
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I like what i see a lot,someone mentioned on the reddit forum that this game has better fitment for tyres and rims over nfs payback, which is a great thing,and i get that nfs underground vibe yes, looking forward to it
    But on the other hand,this game still suffers from the same thing we had since NFS 2015, that barren feeling that streets has no one walking,watching,etc...it gives u that feeling of a barren abandoned city,something i didnt feel in nfs underground or nfs rivals for example