Need For Speed (2015)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Li4m79, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Mooby29

Mooby29 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@1150/1500mhz
    It already worked in NFS Rivals. Try 2.0 with your 980TI instead of 1.5.

2. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    Resolution Scale is not solving the shimmering problem not to mention kills the performance so in any case TAA is mandatory. LumaSharpen with sharpening power of 1.5 makes everything sharp when it is applied over TAA so I think that's the best way to play this game.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    OK, 1.5 killed my fps, goes as low as 18fps if I crash my car hard. Can't even hold 30fps steady with 30hz on. On the other hand, it does look very nice, you can really see the water droplet detail on the rear wind-screen.

I suspect this game comes into it's own at higher resolutions. Perhaps my 1920x1200 res doesn't do this game justice? The problem is the game is dark a lot of the time and so it's harder to see the detail in the world.

Those of you with 2K+ resolution screens are going to enjoy the graphics a lot more.

Click the pics for full-resolution version.

[​IMG]
    upload gif from url

[​IMG]
    upload gambar

[​IMG]
    windows screen capture

[​IMG]
    photo hosting

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  4. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    hell yeah, thx dude, the difference is kinda huge.

5. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    Is there a way to turn off the awful chromatic aberration ?

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Your screenshots looks amazing. I'm gonna buy this game!

Edit: the only thing i don't like is the use of slight chromatic aberration

2nd-Edit: Seems like i'm not the only one ! Previous post +1 !

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Was going to buy it until I heard that the idiotic 'rubber banding' that EA insists on implementing in all of its sports and driving games is still there.

At the very least, there should be an option to disable it as I find it infuriating. The NHL series is one of the most egregious offenders here, with your goalie suddenly falling asleep (and letting in laughable shots), when your team gets more than a few goals ahead.

Similarly, in NFS, it's the same thing. You pull ahead and then at certain points, the AI cars will overtake you as if you are parked on the shoulder.

I find this kind of thing breaks the immersion which is a shame because it is a fun racer (minus the awful FMV).

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Uninstalled the Intel RST driver and reinstalled the chipset version instead... on running the HD Tune Pro benchmark the minimum read speed rose to 180 MB/sec and the maximum was higher. Did not have time to test the game extensively with this driver but the loading times were about the same (roughly one minute to the garage then another minute to exit to the game and race). Will test more tonight to see if streaming performance is fixed.

9. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Using my old intel 240 ssd;

Loading to garage from start screen - 45 seconds
    From Garage to world - 12 seconds.
    From World to Garage - 8 seconds.

YMMV.

Also, I'm happy to report that once I started adding upgrades my car feels and drives a lot better. The "dumb" feeling is gone once you do this.

10. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Yeah i know, EA got stuck in the past with the rubber band Ai, don't know why. But at the current level i am in the game is not that bad, we will see as i progress, i don't doubt the game will get more frustrating, all NFS games are at a point. But this game brings back a lot of memories in almost CGI graphics :D, loving it.

11. Mooby29

Mooby29 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@1150/1500mhz
    You can deactivate the Film Grain in the ProfileOptions_Profile file located in the My Documents\Need For Speed\Settings folder.

12. mixalis9

mixalis9 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080 ti
    anyone else having fps drops when police cars are chasing ?

13. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i'm having random gpu util drops which makes fps drop. Can't understand why, as they are for 1-2 seconds then it jumps back to 100% util. Maybe some buggy v sync or something. Deactivating it doesn't do anything sadly.

14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep, I might yet pick it up because I want to play it with my wheel but that particular aspect of it really puts me off.

15. Mooby29

Mooby29 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@1150/1500mhz
    The lack of cockpit view and the constant need of nitro/handbrake don't make it a great experience with a wheel. Even though I had found good settings for it, I ended up playing with a controller. It's just more comfortable.

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    indeed, don't know if a wheel is a good choice for an 100% arcade game like NFS.

17. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Found another bug. In bumper-cam if police chase you the police lights causes frantic flashing/tearing (v-sync off) which also seems to affect the road.

Also an update on my screenshots. After looking in my NVidia control panel I noticed ambient occlusion was off. I now have it on and the game looks a lot better so there's actually more quality to the gfx than my screenies show.

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I use my g25 for arcade games as well.
    Even on Most Wanted 2005 version, its still fun. Only problem is that game has combined pedals for gas and brake.

19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, just gonna stick with it on PS4 I think :)

20. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I added you to my Origin :thumbup: , Now let's get the Drift Train started shall we :D , fun times ahead bro.