Need assistance with OCing Gainward BLISS Geforce 9500 GT

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by joemalik, Jan 23, 2009.

1. joemalik

joemalik New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7200
    Hi everybody!
    I got my new PC. For my taste its pretty good and its not supposed to be high-end gamer machine. But still i'd like to play some of the new games like GTA4 and Fallout 3 on the highest quality i can. So i read the GeForce 9500 GT is not a gaming card and rather mid to low-end. Oh, well. I cant crank up the 128bit but i can the clocks. It came with the program ExperTOOL but it only lets me up the shader clock (10 MHz diff.) The rest is not visibly locked but the regulator is not moving .

So i thought i OC it, but i rather take help from you guys before i fry anything like with my last PC (bad memories ).

So here is the info:

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual-Core-Prozessor 6400+ (2x 3.2Ghz) AM2
    CPU-Fan: AMD certified Original Boxed Cooler
    RAM: Samsung 2048 MB DDR2 PC800 Mhz (Dualchannel)
    Graphic: 1024MB GDDR2 Nvidia GF 9500GT PCI-E
    - Memory-Clock: 1000MHz
    - Chip-Clock: 500MHz
    ( more Info but in german - thats BTW the PC i got)
    MoBo: ASUS M3N78-CM NForce(Geforce 8200 o.B.)
    Case: Intertech AOC-01 Midi Tower,black-silver
    PSU: 450 Watt Silent SL Intertech

I have a basic 80mm Case-Fan that i can add in the front/side/back.

So what kind of programs do i need? Is the RivaTuner just fine or do i need something else? How do i unlock the options on ExpertTOOL? How high can we crank up that fella?

I'm looking forward to OCing it with you guys.
    :banana:

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Rive Tuner is very good. Here is some info if about RT.

If it seems to be too hard for you, EVGA Precision tool will do just fine :)

Start putting clocks up (5% increase at first, if it works, 5% more and then slowly increase those little by little), then when you see problems (crash/high temps/texture errors), start lowering clocks and see which is the highest stable clock.

3. joemalik

joemalik New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7200
    Alright. I upped the Core and Shader Clock (Linked) to 585.71Mhz and 1450 Mhz from with the fan running at 50% and Temp at 47° steady. I gonna run Fallout 3 on high setting and see what happens? I upped it 5 by 5 and always applied after 5%. Nothing was happening.

4. joemalik

joemalik New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7200
    Well, i played it for about an hour. No crash or anything. Gonna up it more tomorrow.

5. joemalik

joemalik New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7200
    Core Temp

Alright. I was upping the Memory Clock to 421MHz today. I cranked the Fan up to 100% (via RivaTool) but i cant hear any difference. The Temp which is now at about 60...oh the fan just got louder... temp went down to 56/57 degrees with the ATITool 3DView Running. After upping it i ran shortly a Artifact scan. No errors.

EDIT: BUT the Temp is rising constantly. Its at 65° now. I gonna pull back for now. How can i prevent that?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  6. Messerschmitt

Messerschmitt Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7970 DCU II
    I would start getting worried if it hits 75 or over. Also if you are running your fan at 100% to keep the temps in check do note that the fan will prooly fail a lot sooner. They are not meant to run at 100%.

7. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Hi i just want to know if a 9500 gt can be unlocked by rivatuner as in the unlock tool. I don't have one but would like to know.

Thanks