Need advice

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by VD1, Jun 16, 2007.

1. VD1

VD1 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 280 SC
    Hello;

I am not sure what to do anymore. I am not getting the performance I was hoping for with my 8800 gtx. I mainly play BF2 and BF2142 and get somewhat decent FPS( 60 -80 ) but not sure why at times the FPS are real low( 25-35 ). I am using the 165.01 drivers on XP pro 32bit because they were the only drivers to get rid of the yellow issue. Is this a driver problem or my system? I am thinking of getting a new PS or just dumping the card and getting a 7950. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. chfields

chfields Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285 1GB SC
    Your CPU is probably bottlenecking your system. What is the "yellow" issue?

3. VD1

VD1 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 280 SC
    The yellow issue is in 2142 alone. The trees and buildings turn bright yellow, has something to do with the dynamic lighting within the game. I know a weak CPU can bottleneck a vid card, but I wouldn't think that bad. I mean my 2 7800gtx's gave me better performance and required the same amperage.

4. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    Are you overclocking your CPU? You have good enough cooling for it and a nice motherboard for it too.

5. VD1

VD1 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 280 SC
    The cpu is still at stock speeds. I will try some overclocking tonight and see what happens. It's just weird how one night everything runs somewhat fine and other nights like garbage. I am wondering if my PS is faulty. I have been looking at the Pc power & cooling 750w.

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Seems like a driver issue to me , can you try another sets of drivers on your card and see what the fps are in the game regardless of the yellow glitch. Just to have an idea if is the drivers to blame.

Good Luck.