Need advice for gtx 1080 purchase

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by kilyan, Oct 8, 2017.

1. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    As for today with 500 euro what 1080 can i get? so far i found only gigabyte g1 and evga superclocked within that price. If there is something worth more i can add a lil extra money to the budget too

2. kastriot

kastriot Maha Guru

GPU:
    Z-AMP.extr-GTX980 1.5GHz
    This month 26th day 1070Ti will be out for 399 euros hopefully so i would wait but if you are in a hurry then go for 1080 but i think after 1070Ti is out nobody will buy anymore 1080 only 1080Ti but again you decide what you do.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6gb/770
    EVGA for sure.

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti SeaHawkX@2k+PG348Q
    Both Gigabyte and EVGA are solid. Check which ever is cheaper on your market, and/or which one offers better warranty cover.

5. ThermaL1102

ThermaL1102 New Member

GPU:
    KFA2 1070 OC
    save a little more to get a 1080ti , you will be much happier with that one, 1080 is good ofcourse :p
    but a 1080ti just is a better experience for all that money , the difference is immense when you like to have all eyecandy in games
    https://www.whinkel.be/gigabyte-gef...MIvdP7nYnj1gIVjpEbCh1YSwxoEAYYASABEgK7GvD_BwE = 809 euro
    or this one for 789 euro
    http://www.sicomputers.nl/1080-nvidia-kfa2-gtx1080ti-exoc-3x-dp-hdmi-gddr5-11gb.html
    the second is overclocked already out the box but can go 150mhz-200mhz higher , have a galax/kf2 gtx 1070 myself , cheapest on the market but good quality , never any problems with it

6. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    I just ordered EVGA 1080 SUPERCLOCKED for 496 EURO tax+insurance on the delivery. Now anxiety for the card reaching me without issues :S..Had couple of bad experiences like card arrived broken or package lost....

7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Master Guru

GPU:
    In which country you have such amazing delivery services?

8. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    In italy, GLS courier sux balls, and unfortunately this shop rely on this crap. At least i have insurance towards damage and package losing in case they occur.
    The broken card was from amazon, but i'm sure it was the courier's fault throwing packages in the van....

9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Master Guru

GPU:
    Damn, sorry to hear that. Once occasion i personally had with ordered items was when monitor i ordered got stolen. Literally, it never arrived to me, and was impossible to track. That was back in UK, and delivery company had HORRIBLE reviews all around. Wonder how they were still afloat.

However Amazon was quick to send me another one via UPS.

10. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Y, amazon is good, doesn't even check if the board you send is faulty, you have the replacement already on the way home the same day you open the ticket.
    Gls other than losing packages, rings the bell once and after 10 seconds goes away and doesn't wait, and writes in the report nobody was home....I don't know how they still work or if they are aware of this behavior....

11. Hammie

Hammie Master Guru

GPU:
    760 SMG 28" 1ms 3840x2160
    Dude, save your money for the 2xxx nvidia cards coming in spring, unless you have a 760 or crappy video card now. gl

12. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    y i have a crappy 760 now

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti 2038/12006MHz
    There is this proverb:
    "If you want something better, you can wait forever"

So, well done buying that 1080. Hope you're happy with it.

14. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I just ordered the Palit Super jetstream. It's quite cheap compared to the others.Check out the review

I would avoid the gigabyte models since I had the G1 gaming GTX1070, bad overclocker maybe just bad luck, but it ran very hot always over 80°C(I had a well ventilated case) and build quality was poor, mostly cheap,thin plastic.

15. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 EK
    GJ choosing that EVGA card. I have one myself and it's great, happened to be a golden sample card. Maybe you'll get lucky too :)

16. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    It arrived today, even if i have an fx 8350 with a motherboard that doesn't support pci express 3, in shadow of mordor in 4k ultra i get 35-45 fps. The same i got in medium details with a gtx 760 in full hd...soooo Happy :D. What is a golden sample?

17. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    It seems the heat goes all at the backplate and can't dissipate properly, so the reviews i saw wrote, at least

18. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 EK
    A golden sample card is one that overclocks further than what it's expected to reach on average.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  19. Hammie

Hammie Master Guru

GPU:
    760 SMG 28" 1ms 3840x2160
    What are you guys beefingi about, Im lost. gl

20. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    so far stock reached 1974 in shadow of war, what is the average overclok frequence?