Need a little help OCing my 3500 Venice

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Battleweary, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Battleweary

Battleweary Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900 GTO@675/1460
    I just upgraded my system. I bought the DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D motherboard with an Athlon 64 3500 Venice core. I'm using the Dual Channel OCZ EL Platinum Series PC3200 Ram that I bought a while back. I followed the OCing guide to the letter, maxed out the processor with all the tests and then clocked it down to crank up the RAM. Did all the tests on the RAM, found the speed I liked, and put the two together and tried to run it. Didn't work so good, so I relaxed the timings on the RAM a bit more and got it into Windows. Tried running SuperPi and it failed after about a minute. Same thing happened with Prime, so I put it all back to stock. Here are the specs I tried, and if I'm doing something wrong, please point it out to me. Thanks.

Processor: Got it to 2618MHz(11X238)@ 1.58V
    Ran all benchmarks fine, OCCT, SuperPi no problem.
    Passed Prime for over ten hours with no errors.
    This speed is fine with me, now on to the RAM.

Since I was looking to run the RAM at 1:1 ratio, I just started it at 238 MHz.
    I set the timings at 2.5-3-3-10 and ran it at 2.93V. It passed memtest for a few hours no problem, so I went on to the other tests. It passed SuperPi, OCCT and the three benchmarks fine. I put it on Prime and it passed for 4 hours, so I figured it was okay.

I went back into the bios, set the CPU multiplier back to 11, and put the LTD/FSB divider at 4. This should have given me an HTT of 952, which is almost perfect. I tried booting, and it posts fine, but would reboot instead of going into windows. I relaxed the timings on the RAM to 2.5-4-4-10, and it booted right into windows. I tried running SuperPi at that time and it failed within a few minutes, as did prime.

The processor never went over 50C the whole time I was stressing the CPU, and my voltages in everest are rock stable. Am I doing something wrong????:bang:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  2. Battleweary

Battleweary Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900 GTO@675/1460
    So nobody can help me?:confused: