Need a little help here please

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by SputNick, Nov 26, 2019.

1. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    I'm very new to AMD and very clueless about their CPUs, been using Intel CPUs since my first computer but AMD won me over with their price tags and specs so instead of upgrading my Intel CPU i decided to upgrade my board and CPU as well, here are the links of what i plan to order can someone please tell me if they work together.

Board: MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450 Gaming Plus)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor

RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Red DDR4 2666 MHz

Thanks in advance.

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yes they will work but you should buy 16GB of DDR4 Ram if you want and you would need a separate/dedicated GPU because that AMD 2600 does not have a GPU built into CPU

3. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    Thanks for replying!

I picked the 8GB chip for budget reasons, this is the max I can do at the moment, and I do have a dedicated GPU. One last question, I currently have H60 Corsair Liquid Cooler, will it be compatible with this board and CPU?

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    running a single stick of memory is a significant bottleneck to the Ryzen core complex

386SX and SputNick like this.

5. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
  6. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    How old is your H60? It may not come with the AM4 bracket. I had to get one for my old H60 I when I built my original 1600X machine. I just ended up buying a new one so I could use the old one on my sisters computer but I think Corsair sells them.

SputNick likes this.
  7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    8GB will work

If you have CORSAIR Coolers: H50, H55, H75, H80i v2 (H80i GT), H90, H100i v2 (H100i GTX), H105, H110i GTX, H115i, you will need to order this bracket to install the cooler on an AM4 socket.

If you have CORSAIR Coolers: H60, H110i (H110i GT), H100i, the cooler is compatible with the existing AMD bracket out of the box. The AMD bracket for these coolers can be ordered here.

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling/AM4-AMD-Retention-Bracket-Kit-for-Hydro-Series™-Coolers/p/CW-8960046

SputNick likes this.
  8. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    Mine is first generation H60.

This is the one I have:

[​IMG]

And it came with this additional AMD bracket
    [​IMG]

9. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Yeah that's not the AM4 bracket. it looks like this:

[​IMG]

Well it might work if you have the tightening nuts.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  10. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    I did some Googling and your claim turns out to be true. I changed the order to
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz CL16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit (Black)
    This is the absolute maximum of my budget.

11. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    If it doesn't work i'll resort to air-cooling, my H60 is very old and once every 6 months or so the pump fails but eventually works when i shake the case and tap on the pump cover. How does AMD processors fair when it comes to heating?

12. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I had my 1600X on the H60 running at 3.9 with no temp issues at all.

13. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    I just put a new H60 on my 3800x. The AIO cooler does the job but don't expect much room for overclocking.

My kit had the same hardware bracket as you have pictured and worked on the Asus x570 TUF.

[​IMG]

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  14. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    It's not that bracket that's not going to work but the need for the screw bolts

15. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    Yeah i lost those while moving out, I think it's possible to find them at the hardware store.

16. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    Nice case man.
    My radiator sits at the back and its fan is used as an exhaust, is it more beneficial temperature wise to have it at the front as intake?

17. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    In my situation, yes. The pc case sits inside of a desk so airflow is poor. This helped drop the cpu temp about 6 degrees C during gaming. The gpu temp only rose 1 degree C.

SputNick likes this.
  18. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    Do AIO liquid coolers provide less and less cooling over time or do they just die suddenly? I'm not sure if mine is operating at its full potential, everyone in a while i get what appears to be from searching Google an "air bubble", are these common and not a sign of a pump dysfunctionality?

19. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI

This is my first AIO.

Always have a passive heat sink laying around just in case.

20. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Had an H80i before for some years.
    During this usage I guess cooling performance went down 10% if at all. But this could be because of dust and stuff. I cleaned it every few months, but only with compressed air, so not 100% clean afterwards.
    Air bubbles CAN be small holes in your circuit. If bubbling gets more over time, look for leaks. If it stays constantly at some level it is OK (example: only 4 bubbles per incident, happens 3 to 4 times a day OR constant bubbling, but no leaks visible). Constant bubbling noises often come from the direction where and how you mount it. Some pumps may not be mounted with the tubes to the top, some with tubes to the bottom. Consult your manual to be sure.

A better sign for a pump short before its end is if you have to give it a kick every now and then for it to work. "External assistance" ... ;)

fantaskarsef likes this.