1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCIX Customer Data Has Been Sold

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by DW75, Sep 23, 2018.

1. DW75

DW75 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    Sadly, the names, addresses, credit card numbers, and other information has been sold. The information was purchased by several buyers. Anyone who bought anything from NCIX should cancel their credit card immediately. This is a huge breach of privacy and a major security concern for a countless number of people. You can read about it here.

https://www.privacyfly.com/articles/ncix_breach/

2. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Master Guru

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    What is dark web?!? Sorry correct answer was craigslist huehue.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    If true, there should be some serious jail times for people like this "Jeff", who claims to be administrating there.
    Because someone who accepts this kind of responsibility should be held responsible for his actions.
    And there would be serious question: "How much involved was this landlord renting entire place, who wanted to recover $150,000."

Isn't it already conspiracy?

4. DW75

DW75 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    I bought tons of stuff there but mostly cash and interac with an account I no longer
    have so not worried. Someone should be charged for this kind of negligence. DW75 are you in Vancouver area as well?

6. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I saw this last week. Scary stuff indeed. Combined with the Newegg hack and it's becoming increasingly obvious that companies cannot be trusted with our sensitive data.

I've already cancelled my credit card and have resolved to use PayPal from now on. Hopefully something comes out of the RCMP investigation.

7. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I bought something a few months ago. Should I cancel?

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    If you entered your credit card details, then it is good idea. I would do it by informing your bank, that criminal 3rd party may have your information since shop you shopped on had leak.

9. MasterBash

MasterBash Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    This is getting seriously annoying. Credit cards, passwords, etc. Its hard to trust anyone with our data. I will just use sites that allow paypal payments from now on and if they don't allow me to use paypal then they will lose a customer. Same with passwords. Websites should support 2fa (some do, but many still don't) and even better... hardware keys.

Encryption should be mandatory.

Companies that work with data that contains private information should be held liable. I don't care if its because a server got hacked, a company went backrupt or whatever. They should be held responsible with very big penalties.

This isn't the first time I have to change my credit card.

carnivore likes this.
  10. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I checked my order. I paid with paypal. I should be good.

11. DW75

DW75 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    If you used the same password on NCIX that you used for Paypal, you should change that password. The NCIX passwords for every customer were also in the database. It is best to just change your Paypal password anyways.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    My credit cards since I last entered it on their website must have expired by now and have been renewed and I don't even remember it. That changes the code on the back, so I should be safe. I hope the RCMP crack some skulls.

I don't think I've purchased from them in well over 5 years, because they tried to screw me over by shipping me a broken case that was broken BEFORE packaging, blamed on it on shipping and said go frack yourself you didn't pay for shipping insurance (which is a scam by Canadian law) so enjoy your broken $280 case. I called my credit card company and when they heard the situation they didn't even ask for pictures, they charged NCIX and NCIX didn't even try to dispute it because they knew they didn't have case. No shitty half-pun intended.

I even told the crap-head manager at the store I know what they're doing is illegal, refund me, or lose a longtime customer + everyone he knows forever + get charged back. He then threatened to ban me from NCIX and I laughed at him and reminded him I just said I'd never buy from them again, enjoy losing customers.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  13. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Master Guru

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    Damnit Craig

14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I stopped purchasing from them (in the US) when i contacted them that they had created a shipping label for my item the day i ordered it, and i could see where it was coming from, which was 60 miles away from me, from a company that wasn't NCIX, wondering why 5 days later there was no shipping activity on the label that was created 5 days earlier. Their response was that the people it was shipping from were not them, so they could do nothing about it unless it was past 10 days, which it was 3-10 day shipping. Day 9 came, and finally it was picked up, and delivered to me on the 10th day, since it was....60 miles away.... By technicality, they were right to say the shipping period had not come and gone, but i have never dealt with a company that not only orders the product you ordered from them to ship directly to you from a different company, but then as well take 9 days to actually ship a product. 10 days to travel 60 miles, slowest shipping ever.

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 AC 1150/1500
    I want Steve Hardcastle on this

[​IMG]