NBMiner Update Restores 70% of NVIDIA LHR Mining Performance

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    I just meant in the future GPUs wouldn't need extra stuff like the LHR tech. While I think it's beneficial to hamper mining, it's still extra that shouldn't be there and that could theoretically hurt the performance in compute tasks that haven't got anything to do with the crypto. Even if it didn't, on principle such restrictions are no good. I merely accept it because my hatred of crypto is far larger than any dislike of things like LHR.

2. ibizadr

ibizadr Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Amd don't have lhr and no one care about it

3. kieron fleming

kieron fleming Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Let us mine graphics cards are ridiculously expensive we should be able to make some if not all of that money back by mining.

I have a rtx3080 since launch and ive been mining since purchase thankfully didnt get the gimped version my one card makes roughly 8usd a day which doesnt sound like much but when im not gaming why shouldnt i let it mine and make money.

Its not the miners fault for lack of gpus its the gpu companies as even ps5 and xbox series x has no stock.

4. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I was at a local party store and they had a machine like a lotto ticket machine and you can buy bitcoin, use your change or whatever I about fell over when I seen this. I'm in Michigan ... still can't believe it. Have no idea how it works but it was there.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Selling pallets of GPUs directly to miners doesn't help.

Kaarme and Airbud like this.
  6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    I saw such a Bitcoin machine at a shopping center before this mining craze. Good thing I saw it back then and forgot all about it. If I had seen it now, I might have kicked it as hard as I could and get into trouble with the guards.