NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Oct 7, 2010.

1. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Well you can keep the floor reflections low but still up the detail & texture res on the court. I'm sure you know it but I thought I'd share the info for anyone that might be on the ropes about buying it.

V No patch here, just edited the config.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    THe guy that is modding the floor shines has toned it down from the lakers patch, that patch was just a limits test sorta, the bulls court looked really good. I think he is leaning towards maybe upping the shine a tad from the bulls patch but not going all out like the lakers court shiny.

the jersey shadows looks amazing in game, my only beef is he seems very hesitant to tell others how or what he is doing to the jersey files to fix the lack of shadows, i assume he is adding a channel layers or something the files, they are like 1 meg bigger than the default ones, but with all the custom jerseys and jersey fixes we getting it sure would save alot of time for him just to tell people what he is doing.

3. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    ^^ yeah, I asked him if he could teach how but he never replied :(

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea i can see him protecting his global secret, but really with other people doing custom and correct courts and uniforms, he would just speed things up 100 fold if he showed people what he was doing to the stadium and uniform files, cause then other people would do it, instead of him having to correct each and every court and uniform in the game.

i am pretty sure he is adding a new alpha channel or something, i might have to disassemble some of these files and see. unfortunately i absolutely suck at alpha channels, lest last year every time i tried extracting an alpha it totally sporked the values and messed them to hell and back screwing up the jerseys etc. never could get the hang of what they needed to be set at so i just totally gave up and asked other people to correct the jerseys.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sorry.

No, I'm not using FRAPS but MSI Afterburner. I don't see any framerate drops during the manual replays; it just hitches when rotating the camera but the framerate stays at 60 fps. I'm not hearing these noises you mention either.

The intro does judder too for some reason; weird 'cos it's only a video but the GPU is running at 157/300 MHz so maybe that's why?

6. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    D3D overrider helps alot with the stuttering.
    I don't know what to call it actually.......It seems everyone with the jittery graphics issue (at least during on-court gameplay) is using NVIDA cards (myself included). 2K needs to patch this ASAP.......:)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  7. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    They fixed the playoff sticker problem...http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/448120-official-nba-2k11-impressions-thread-pc-54.html

8. Blackadder33

Blackadder33 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 285 1GB
    No problem, thanks for checking, you're an officer and a gentleman. Yeah it's weird, but I remember one instance of a game intro stuttering exactly the same way (every second or so); Napoleon Total War first version. I think the cause was related to the version of the bink video dll that shipped with the game (newer than they tested with); dropping an older version of the dll in the game folder fixed it (fixed in an official patch.. I think about six or seven later.. lol). I uninstalled 2K11 so I can't check right now but I don't remember seeing a bink.dll in the game dir that could be swapped over. I wonder if dropping an old bink.dll in there anyway might fix it..? Maybe the menus use dodgy video elements... oh wait.. the menu background is a moving video image, maybe that's it? Beyond my abilities to fix though, I think it's a job for the devs. Speaking of which, might be worth trying the 'ENBseries' D3D "HD" dll: http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm. Thanks again and take it easy.

EDIT: I meant to say Empire: Total War.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  9. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    I tired the END series and it does help but at the cost of performance :( you guys have much superior specs though so I guess that wouldnt be a problem for you :D

10. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    VIDEOSETTING_ADAPTERINDEX = 0
    VIDEOSETTING_WIDTH = 1920
    VIDEOSETTING_HEIGHT = 1080
    VIDEOSETTING_COLORDEPTH = 32
    VIDEOSETTING_VSYNC = 1
    VIDEOSETTING_REFRESHRATE = 60
    VIDEOSETTING_WINDOWMODE = 0
    VIDEOSETTING_MSAA = 8
    VIDEOSETTING_MSAAQUALITY = 3
    VIDEOSETTING_MAXTEXTURESIZE = 4096
    VIDEOSETTING_DEPTHOFFIELD = 1
    VIDEOSETTING_FLOORREFLECTION = 3
    VIDEOSETTING_PLAYERLOD = 4
    VIDEOSETTING_STADIUMLOD = 0
    VIDEOSETTING_CROWDDETAIL = 2
    VIDEOSETTING_SHADERDETAIL = 5
    VIDEOSETTING_SIDELINECHARACTER = 3
    VIDEOSETTING_ANISOTROPICQUALITY = 4
    VIDEOSETTING_PARTICLEFFECT = 2
    VIDEOSETTING_FORCE_HDR_ON_INTEL_GPU = 0
    MAIN_LOGICAL_THREAD = 6
    GPU_LOGICAL_THREAD = 7
    STALL_CPU_ON_END_FRAME = 0
    LIMIT_FLIP_QUEUE_LENGTH = 2
    LIMIT_FLIP_QUEUE_LENGTH_SLEEP = 0
    STICKYKEY = 498
    TOGGLEKEY = 50
    FILTERKEY = 114
    ACCESSIBILITYKEY_SAVED = 1
    LANGUAGE = -482460772
    WINDOW_X = 0
    WINDOW_Y = 0
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_0 = 5
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_1 = 4
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_2 = 3
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_3 = 2
    NETWORK_PERFORM_BENCHMARKING = 1
    NETWORK_OPT_UPSTREAM_BANDWIDTH = 626698
    ONLINE_FORWARDED_PORT = 0

I tried these and looks and runs the best....got rid of my stutter problem too.......:)

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Surely FLOORREFLECTION can either be 0 for off or 1 for on so why set it to 3? Isn't 3 just the same as 1, i.e. any value other than 0 just enabled the floor reflections?

12. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    I dont know i need more time to look into this crazy mess.....:)

13. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Ok. 3 is highest number.

The caves court is wrong..

I wonder if the console version is the same....

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  14. deets75

deets75 Guest

I am quite enjoying this game even though I hate basketball! Question for PC, how on earth do I turn off the gamepad vibration? I have a wireless controller and do not want the battery being worn out for no reason.

also I have the middle court stutter which is a little irksome but liveable considering how little I paid for the game

15. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    After playing this game exclusively on pc, I played it on PS3 yday and I can't believe people were saying it looks better on PS3! On the PS3 textures and image quality are terrible, on top of that the movement just doesn't flow as well, feels laggy (must be the framerate) and the animations seem poor as well

16. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    THIS GAME IS WAY BETTER ON THE PC THAN ON THE CONSOLES.....

There is alot of stuff i have done and found out to make this game AMAZING!!!

First off do not change anything in the config file manually.....

Just go in game and set it all to high and then go HERE.......http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=76527

HERE.............http://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=136&sid=4b6a8aa62ddc90ca8c4afbc510ba8058

HERE.............http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=75677

HERE..................http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=75436

HERE..............http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=76101

HERE...........http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=75984

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea the pc game with mods >>>>>>> xbox and ps period.

18. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    lol even wothout mods, I haven't added any because I cba but it is sstill much more solid

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
  20. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011