NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    nice, 120fps is excellent, anything above 60 is great really.

personally i got nothing o/c'd here, vga is 700/1400/1848 (stock) and i7 is 3.2ghz, the turbo boost is not working with this game (up to 3.4ghz) because the game uses more than 1 thread. :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

2K10 had the cloth physics and they're in this one too.

This game is awesome. I said the same thing last year, but this time I mean it :)

3. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    oh maybe it was 2k9 then without cloth physics

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks. That'll do.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    From what I've been reading, changing those two settings to 3 gives increased polygon counts on the players and stadium/crowd from the game playing angle. Those two settings cannot be alter by way of an in-game setting either so it can't hurt to try them if you want more detailed graphics.

6. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Just got it delivered this morning and I have to say it looks and plays fantastic. The player movement is significantly improved,and with everything maxed out, it's still super smooth in terms of framerate. The pc version is far superior to previous versions and for £12.99 it's amazingly priced.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    any chance of getting the ps3 controller working with this?

8. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    when did u order it, just wondering when Play will deliver mine

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Play.com usually take about three or fours days to deliver stuff I order. My copy of NBA 2K11 was sent on Tuesday so I expect it'll have arrived today (I'm at work at the moment so I can't be certain). HMV are the same and both are located in Jersey, off the U.K. mainland which explains why they're so slow.

I've never had ANYTHING arrive from them in less than three days though which is why I know my copy of The Exorcist on Blu-ray, which was sent yesterday, will not arrive until Monday at the earliest.

10. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    crap, guess I'll be waiting till like Wednesday as I ordered yday, might have to "acquire it" until then

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yes it works fine using the motionjoy drivers for win 7 64 bit and using the xbox 360 emulation for it, game picks it up as a xbox controller out of the gate rumble works and all.

12. georaldc

georaldc Guest

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    Apparently, the pc version is missing some lighting or shadow effects from the consoles. I saw a forum post comparing the 2, can't remember where. No wonder it seemed a bit flat compared to the 360 version despite the game running at higher resolutions/framerates. They also reused the old menu system from 2k10 and that doesn't make much sense when the consoles have a redesigned one. Rushed port anyone?

Also, anyone getting stuttering anywhere else there isn't gameplay, like in the game menus or when viewing replays from the menu? There's like a stutter every 3 or so seconds that never goes away. The same thing happens in 2k10.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  13. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Hey does this occur only to me or to you guys as well? It's the same with nba2010. When selecting options from the menu it seems that the cursor is always stuck at the middle. I have to move the joystick in another direction and hold it there before i can select it. For another game you just move the joystick and then let it go and it stays there. For nba u have to hold down the joy stick in that direction if not it'll move back to the middle.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    think they had the springy menus is the games for the last 2 years, dunno what the big deal is gonna get thumb strain moving that selection box over to another option to click on it? :p

far as studdering goes nada here not anywhere, much better than the choppiness of last years game crossing mid court and the magical teleporting players from time in last years game. much better port this year compared to last even tho our shaders are missing, just wish they would have gotten around to fixing the head vanishing stuff properly while they fixed some of the other stuff.

running everything maxed but dof which kinda annoys me so i turned that off. 4x aa lod 3s on courts and players etc and the game is pretty darn smooth period.

15. georaldc

georaldc Guest

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    Not really complaining about the menu. I just find it odd how they reuse the same one when they redid it for the console versions of 2k11. Performance wise, the game does run better for me now. Last time, I had to lower cloth physics and other stuff, but now its all butter at max. The constant stuttering problem I have only happens when navigating the menu system and opening the replay mode

16. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Well I modified the config & don't see much of a difference. Spent about a hour or so trying different settings with no really noticeable effect on the visuals. Anyone had any luck? It may be very subtle & I'm missing the minute details.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    court lod seems to makes the most difference 3 the courts look a hell of alot better than at 1. look really bad actually when not set to lod 3.

players less so there is a slight difference from 2 to 3 but it is not earth shattering.

but you must set your cfg file to read only else the game overwrites it and resets any changes you made.

18. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah I set it to read only. Are the max values 3?

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Be careful when changing the settings manually because for some of them 0 is the highest settings whereas with the LODs they are 3.

I didn't get my copy today alas but hopefully it will come tomorrow. I'm kind of disappointed that it doesn't mirror the console versions if the reports about the inferior lighting and 2010 menus are true. Why do they do that; wouldn't it have been easier to just have made all the versions the same? :bang:

20. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ^ Gotcha, I guess I'll need to systematically go through the config & test each change. LOL, didn't have the patience for it today. There's always tommorrow.