NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Oct 7, 2010.

1. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    [​IMG]
    http://2ksports.com/games/nba2k11

When you’re the #1 selling NBA videogame two years in a row, the #1 rated NBA videogame 10 years in a row*, and have collaborated with back-to-back NBA champions, Kevin Garnett (2K9) and Kobe Bryant (2K10) – what is NBA 2K11 to do for thenext act? Simple: Michael Jordan. The greatest basketball player of all time debuts for the first time in this hardware generation and brings his passion for the game to NBA 2K11 with an all new Jordan Challenge mode, historic Bulls teams, and even a MJ: Creating a Legend mode offering gamers the chance to be a rookie Michael and craft a new career for him. This is on top of improvements to core gameplay elements – including an all-new IsoMotion™ dribbling controls, deeper My Player mode with new My Career feature, all-new breathtaking visuals, and much more. This year BECOME THE GREATEST with NBA 2K11.

2. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well I just bought this game and all I can say is I'm stunned. This is a very polished game with outstanding graphics & gameplay. It's full of features & at $30 it's a steal. Anyone else pick this up? Thoughts?

Oh & let me add it runs amazing as well. I forced trans 8xaa & 32xAA & still easily get over 100 fps.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  3. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    I want this game a lot lol

4. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    if i get my money tomorrow, i'll get one for the PS3!

edit: oh and btw, i think elite2011 (new nba live name) will suffer huge sales losses this time, even bigger than last year.

5. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Just bought it for PC on play.com, £12.99 :banana:

6. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm hoping they release some more older rosters. They could use a few more.

7. jaxl75

jaxl75 New Member

GPU:
    dell/inspirion/250G
    Got the game, graphics look good and yeah I hope they release some more older rosters as well. My only complaint was the lame marketing they did for this game.

8. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Wow you mean they actually have mj playing?

Did you know i have played a couple of these nba series games for the past few years and they somehow always exclude jordan.

EVen nba2010 you look up their old school all star players and everyone is there except for jordan. I guess he's like the god mode nba player in real life.

9. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Alot of gamers are complaining that the visual quality is reduced when playing online, which sounds odd. My preorder should arrive tomorrow and I don`t really care about online ,so it`s not a big deal for me.

10. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I haven't tried online yet, still getting the controlls down. :)

11. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    get a games for windows controller ;-)

12. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I have a wireless & a wired controller. It's just been a while(years) since I've played this type of game. LOL I just got crushed by the opposing team.

13. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    haha lol, I found I had to change the controls a little in 2K10, but after sum practice I was competitive at the hardest setting

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well jordan trademarked his likeness i think hence games were not allowed to use it to make money wo his permission.

jordan on the cover of an nba game and sales go up.

it is an awsome game, some of the old 2k10 mods work in it so probably will not be long before all the old mod tools are updated for the new one.

jordan challenge is hard but fun, recreating some his his most epic games in detail and you have to match or top his performance. from what i gather once you beat all the jordan challenges you can use him in myplayer and i think the jordan bulls team gets unlocked for franchise mode etc, lest i hope on that front else will have to wait for a mod.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    WTF? How can they charge $60 on consoles for this and its only $30 on PC?

16. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    ^ itz crazy tbh, still gotta admit I'm very happy with the £13 deal I found

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    because part of the profits for consoles goes to the owner of the console hence sony or microshaft get a chunk of that money for letting the thing on their systems.

buy it for pc cheaper rather than complain about getting ripped off by your console maker :p.

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yes well $10 higher like every other game out there I can tolerate. $30 higher seems a bit steep. I don't like this new trend that publishers are following. No matter how crappy the game is, everyone releases their game for $60.

not saying this game is crappy. just overall.

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lest sony has a bit of an excuse since their games come on blu ray disk even tho i am sure some of them could go on a standard dual layer dvd if they were not so utterly paranoid about piracy which the br disk gave them a good bit of assurance that their games would be very expensive to copy to the point it was not worth the bother for most people.

but 2k sports games are made for the consoles then ported over, so they pass the savings along and probably sell more units in the process to boot. more ports should do the same since they are not spending a year making the thing they are spending a year making the thing for another system and a few months to just copy it over to another system.

also i bet 2k would charge less on all systems if they could since that is one of the big gripes with most sports gamers is, especially in refrerence to that other sports juggernaut their products are sub par and tired and nothing new added yet they keep charging the same 50 to 60 bucks year after year for basically updated rosters and one or two features they cut from their game 5 years ago that are stuck back in as new.

sports games are generally overpriced to hell in back except that odd game that is not made by ea that comes out every few years and really does do something new and great for sports games. after all these games are cranked out yearly they are not that overly expensive to produce, particually when you add nothing new or try anything really different.

i think 2k11 really does push that boundry and is worth the price of admission if for nothing else the fact his airness is in the game and the ai is much improved over last year and teams seem to make better decisions in general. the controls are something new for this series at lest and while tricky to get a handle on do seem to work very well, so props to 2k sports to trying something entirely different rather than stick with the things that they been doing the last few years and made a perfectly good game.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Should get my copy later today; only cost me £12.99 from Play.com.

I thought last year's game was great but only after it was patched to v1.1 and, if I recall correctly, that took some six months or so. Can someone confirm that NBA 2K11 supports 16:10 1920x1200 properly, i.e. without letterbox top and bottom borders OR stretching because NBA 2K10 didn't until it was patched in months later. I had to play the game with ugly vertically stretched players and an oval-shaped ball because of that. I really hope 2K haven't ballsed that one up again.

I understand that Xbox 360 controller button icons are included this year so no more looking for an unoffical hack. A controller is the best way to play a game like this IMO; the keyboard and mouse must be an absolute nightmare surely in a game that demands analogue precision?