Nba 2k10 pc

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ebucemag, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    Anybody else excited for NBA 2K10, last year it was great on PC, easily the best version of the game, minus the fact it didn't have online. But luckily this year it does have online, and its exactly the same as the 360/PS3 version plus with better visuals and performance :)

Its being released the 12th.

2. kangpc

kangpc Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  3. georaldc

georaldc Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    I hope it runs better than 2k9. I mean, 2k9 ran perfect 60fps at max settings, but there were odd stutters here and there, especially when there were a lot of players onscreen moving around and during jump ball. The 360 version was silky smooth during gameplay. Its like the only advantage I had over my 360 were 60fps cutscenes and AA because ingame performance was a bit unstable.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I tried the demo of NBA 2K9 on my PC last year from Steam but the full game was never released here in the UK much to my disappointment.

Is the PC version of NBA 2K10 actually going to be released here in Europe this year, does anyone know?

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Right... got this game for £18 from Play.com yesterday and although it runs fine, there are a few issues so I wondered if anyone else who has the game too has come across them?

The first problem was during the install when the game insisted on installing .NET Framework 1.1 despite the operating system protesting it had known issues with Windows Vista x64. If you declined to install it the game installer quits. In the end I had to install .NET Framework 1.1 then let the game install and finally uninstall .NET Framework 1.1. The game works fine without it so great job there Take 2 installing something which isn't needed but could cause issues with user's Windows.

The second issue I came across was that despite the game defaulting to the correct native resolution of my monitor, 1920x1200, the game looks oddly stretched horizontally as if it is rendered at 1920x1080 (i.e. 16:9) and upscaled to 1920x1200. Players look thin and their heads look a bit off not to mention the ball isn't circular. I tried the NBA 2K9 demo and that doesn't have this issue at 1920x1200 so what's going on.

The final issue is the performance of the game. There's a built in Performance analyser that runs a game for around 2 minutes and monitors the framerate minus v-sync. This is then reporting in the Video options. In my case I got a rating of "High" and the framerate averaged around 90 fps with everything maxed and 8x2 AA enabled. I prefer v-sync on in-game and the framerate never drops below 60 fps except in the odd cutscene. Despite that though the game feels oddly choppy at times, especially as the players cross the centre court or if you throw the ball from one end to the other. The framerate never drops below 60 fps though (I'm running EVGA Precision). Very odd.

One thing I did notice was that if I forced v-sync via the control panel graphics driver, the Benchmark Analyser never exceeds 49 fps even though EVGA Precision shows 60 fps! Weird, right? It could be a bug but really this game should be running a lot smoother than it is in-game given that the framerate NEVER drops below 60 fps.

Oh and one final gripe is that the Xbox 360 controller is supported but it doesn't show the correct button mappings like many other games, instead you're stuck with generic controller references like A, B, C, D for the face buttons for example. It's not a big deal though I guess.

6. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    The game definately has framerate issues, possibly refresh rate related. I can run it maxed out at around 35 fps and it`s pretty smooth,but if i lower player detail I get around 65 fps and it`s choppy as hell.

7. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    really? I did the benchmark and got an average of 70FPS everything at max, seems to run smooth here, love this game

8. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    mine in benchmarks shows 43 fps maxed but fraps also shows 60fps

9. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah a lot of people are complaining about how 16:10 rez are being stretched giving everything a odd skinny look, I guess we will have to wait for a patch. Also about the button showing up as A, B, C, D..etc instead of the 360 buttons, even 2K9 had this problem and there were community mod to switch the overlays, so give it a few days and a mod will be available (for both PS3 and 360 button overlays) ...kind of stupid though as I believe the game recommends the 360 controller for this game. I will post a link once its available.
    P.S. Look here for 2K10 PC Mods nba2kway.com and nba-2k.com

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  10. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    had to buy this game twice coz the f@cktards at gamersgate have sloppy servers and my download keeps screwing up.Ended up re-buying the game at steam instead..GO TO HELL GAMERSGATE!THIEVES! /end rant

anyway,. im liking the game so far, my only gripe is the camera view, even at the closest zoom the game still looks far..oh and yes the players look more skinny than in 2k9...

overall, im liking the 2k9 graphics better except for 2k10's better lighting..presentation wise 2k10 is way ahead of 2k9..

kinda unsure if it was a good decision to buy the game though :(

11. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    looking to get this,I haven't play ball in awhile,on or off court.
    [​IMG]

12. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    im guessin you can play 360 people online with the PC version?

13. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    Nope you can't, you can only play with other PC players online. Also, for any body having stuttering issues take a look at this thread http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=69348&sid=9ab503c49f79833cb4be6a8530dc94a0 and the link within that thread. It's for 2K9 but it is reported to work for 2K10 as well. Please report back if it made any difference.
    To sum it up, change "STALL_CPU_ON_END_FRAME" from 0 to 1 .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  14. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    the odd stutters still there and even worst on 2k10. i bought it and haven't play it again because i was so down by it. i might go this year with nba live if they don't fix this problem

15. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    No stutters going on here.

16. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
  17. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Is there a demo for the game, PC,?

18. georaldc

georaldc Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    I just found a pretty good fix for my 2k stutter problems. It seems the game by default doesn't use up additional cpu cores, especially when doing the cloth physics. Pretty stupid if you ask me since I'm guessing it takes full advantage of the 360 and ps3 CPUs because of the fact that they don't experience any stuttering during cross court runs.

Anyway, you just need to edit out your config.cfg file (2k sports/saves under appdata folder in Windows 7 for me) and change the following values:

STALL_CPU_ON_END_FRAME = 0
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_0 = 1
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_1 = -1
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_2 = -1
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_3 = -1

to

STALL_CPU_ON_END_FRAME = 1
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_1 = 1
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_2 = -1
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_3 = -1

These are the most common settings I saw for dual cores when researching on this specific tweak. You can play around if you have tri-cores or quads, and set the other threads to their own values. This increased my framerate a fair bit and eliminated a good amount of the stuttering. I still couldn't get to run stutter-free, though I did eliminate virtually all stuttering by disabling cloth physics.

Oh yeah, speaking of playing around with the values, this is what I use:

CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_1 = 2
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_2 = 3
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_3 = 4

Improves my framerate even more than the one above. Max with 8xAA, no cloth physics and I have steady, 60fps stutter free gameplay.

19. BigAlBeast25

BigAlBeast25 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI OC
    this game is awesome and BEAUTIFUL!

20. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    thanx, this fix the stutter, now is very minimal, running the game on max with 8XAA is really nice. i have a dua core and i tried both settings, your setting works best.

CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_1 = 2
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_2 = 3
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_3 = 4