1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navi RDNA Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jun 11, 2019.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700
    No haven't replaced anything on it. But i'm thinking about replacing the cooler also with the Accelero Xtreme IV.
    I have seen a video of it, what scares me is the plate that touches the core bending slightly.

Pictures of it: http://prntscr.com/oge9zj

2. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Its normal I have the same cooler. Its just the plate bends a bit not the cooler, taht plate will act as a spring.

Really good cooler, my rx480 never goes over 60c and thats with 1.2v atm

Mortheus is a it better and fits vega also. Its a hard choise, if it was me atm mortheus is the one to go.

Jackalito and signex like this.
  3. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    I don't like the look of that. Is it really supposed to do it like that. It looks like it needs more packers in the corners. I'm sure it would cool a lot better if the plate was flat.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Just a mounting plate:
    [​IMG]

signex likes this.
  6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700
    https://imgur.com/a/N7kLgVJ

Doesn't look nearly as good as the Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV though, and i don't think that will fit in my Corsair 280X M-ATX case.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    :D That's practically 5 slot Frankenstein's Monster.

signex likes this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  9. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Mortheus is better then the Accelero, just harder to use

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    "Better" is rather subjective... "Harder to use" contradicts the claim of "better" though.....

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700
    Lol yikes, then it's a no go. :p The Accelero might even be a tight fit.

My case has 3 slots room.

I found a post about these 5700/5700 XT crashes that makes games unable to start.
    Someone mentioned to install the drivers through Device Manager that fixed it for him.

I did it myself, so far it's working now, all games in fullscreen and no errors/crashes yet.
    Before i couldn't even start Black Ops 4 and would crash before loading into the main menu either windowed nor fullscreen and after doing this it starts without issues and also able to switch to fullscreen without it crashing.

I even set my RAM OC back to 3200mhz.

So there might be an issue with AMD's Radeon Settings that causes this, i don't really need it anyway.

EDIT: MSi Afterburner does the same thing, games will crash on startup. I'm done tweaking, i just want to play games, i'll wait till they fix this.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    OP Updated:

Proper: 5700 XT vs Radeon VII vs Vega 64 vs Vega 56 UV/OC | 3900X | 1440P Benchmarks

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Jackalito, Mr. Sunshine and jimpsar like this.
  13. waltc3

waltc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 590 8GB XFire
    Crossfire works fine a d3d12 system--my RX-590/480 8GB Crossfire system had no trouble at all setting Crossfire in AMD's latest drivers. But it's for all of your older < d3d12 games with Crossfire profiles. D3d12 moves Crossfire/SLI away from nVidia and AMD and moves it into the D3dAPI itself where developers can support it in their game engines now, like Shadow of the Tomb Raider does--should be substantially easier for developers than supporting nV's "ray tracing" lighting effects. But this new 50th Ann 5700XT I installed yesterday runs 20-30% faster in SofTR than my 590/480 Crossfire setup ran the game--and the image quality is better too! Witcher 3, for instance, looks much better on the 5700XT, imo. and runs much faster than it did with my Crossfire system. I don't know if the drivers will support tandem 5700's in Crossfire, however.

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    My point was in DX12 crossfire cannot be enabled using driver tweaks like with DX11 when the game has no built in multi GPU support.
    Same with SLI.
    Setting up SLI or Crossfire in the GPU drivers will get multi card working in supported DX12 games, that is for user convenience.
    It is using mgpu in DX12, not SLI or Crossfire.

The distinction is necessary to avoid peeps wasting time trying to use DX11 hacks on DX12 games with no mgpu support.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I expect that in few years we will see hardware level CF again. At beginning there were master-slave cards.
    And I think that once chiplets for GPUs get off the ground and are good, next step would be use same tech to interconnect 2 cards to behave as 1 in system. Maybe cards will have some switch for single/multi use and other switch to tell card if it is master or slave. Would be lovely.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    It will require gfx hardware support, motherboard support, DX12 support then NVidia/AMD driver support for DX12.
    Not saying it isnt possible but AMD and NVidia pushed multi card driver support to the back burner a few years ago.
    Some recent cards do not even allow DX11 multi card support.
    The NVidia 2070 and lower in the 20xx series do not support DX11 SLI.
    The AMD 5700 series do not support DX11 crossfire.

There will still need to be master slave cards because only one can connect to the display.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    No, it will only require Driver/firmware support that will tell chiplets on one card to be commanded by another and good enough interconnect as I wrote.
    If system sees one GPU only, DX12 sees one GPU only. I did not write about multicard, but chiplet infrastructure on 2 separate PCBs.
    It would be even possible to have slave card not communicate (identify itself) at boot time or later at all to BIOS/OS. Therefore PCIe would be there only as part of power supply.
    And Master card would identify itself for both cards (as it would be commanding chiplets on slave anyway).

From practical point of view, having one card with 8 chiplets or 2 cards each with 4 chiplets can behave exactly same as long as there is good interconnect between cards.
    They would be fully able to do same frame rendering.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    crossfire is never returning, AMD have given up and left it up to DX12 developers to handle multicard support.

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    There are a lot of issues that need to be addressed with the chiplet approach, not least is latency between them vs a monolithic design.
    Distance and number of connections are performance killers.
    On multiple PCBs it becomes worse, a good interconnect will not alleviate this.
    It needs to be demonstrated viable on a single board before multiple boards can be considered.

Jackalito and Maddness like this.
  20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I hope that going back to beginning can solve this for you. Anyway, even nVidia claimed that actual bandwidth and latency is not that big of an issue and they are working on it too.
    Neither of those companies are fools and are able to improve on weak spots with each generation. When there was that 1st image(drawing) of I/O die for Zen2, people did laugh at it as no-way/joke/not-possible/... too.

Jackalito and Maddness like this.