Navi RDNA Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Rojama

Rojama Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Ok, so when I set more than 2150 for gpu speed in afterburner v4.6.2, it snaps back to 2150, why does it do this?
    20.4.2 drivers using.

Cheers.

2. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    2150 is the max clocks set in the 5700xt bios

my 5700 is only 1850 max

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Thought you could increase this but maybe that requires the More Power Tool and it's bios editing capabilities in the newer AMD drivers for extending the limits further from Wattman and the current cap in the drivers.
    Used to work by just modifying the registry data but it seems AMD has restricted some of these adjustments in the newer drivers thus bios editing as a workaround.

Hitting stable 2 Ghz or higher might take some tinkering though, binning even on the 5700 XT models is quite varied so the required voltage and additional wattage plus the temperature from increasing these might quickly hit something like wall where you get very diminishing returns from pushing the GPU settings higher.

Dialing in 2.1 itself is doable but the actual 3D clock speeds might be less even more so than the usual -50 Mhz than what you set in Wattman but I have seen 2.2 Ghz for overclock and benchmark purposes.
    (Some Asus 5700XT GPU I think with settings somewhere around 1.3v on the GPU core, 70% power draw and on water cooling.)

Rojama likes this.
  4. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    More Power Tool does work just increase the max GFX clocks as desired and memory if you want to but memory clocking on navi doesnt seem to do much if anything

if you set enough extra power to 30-50% you can get an overclock that always sits around 25mhz under (default is ~50mhz under)

voltage plays a big part and more doesnt mean better, you will need to find the sweet spot as increasing voltage actually caused the card to clock lower

Rojama and JonasBeckman like this.

5. Rojama

Rojama Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Ok, thanks, not sure if using MPT will void the warranty. Know it's software but...
    This is still a new card for me.

6. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    no not at all.

The profiles get deleted when you install a new driver

if you go too far your card wont die it will blackscreen/freeze and/or straight up crash, pc will restart and radeon settings will say default wattman have been applied blah blah blah

Rojama likes this.
  7. Rojama

Rojama Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Cool, thanks for that.So basically its a software alteration only then. Good to know, I'll give it a go & see what happens.

Passus likes this.
  8. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GigaByte RX5700 GO
    Undying likes this.
  9. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    Should just use MPT mate

Im not saying do not flash the bios but MPT does exactly the same thing with way less risk

10. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GigaByte RX5700 GO
    True, but on the other hand you have unsigned bios :)