Navi RDNA Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    While I highly dislike having here anything prior official testing there is something:
    ["5473","AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT","High","2560x1440"],
    ["4971","AMD Radeon RX 5700","High","2560x1440"],
    ["4878","AMD Radeon VII","High","2560x1440"],
    ["3571","Radeon Pro Vega 56","High","2560x1440"],
    ["3224","AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580X","High","2560x1440"],

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    And I find that "something" highly laughable....

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    What is to laugh about? If I added your 1660Ti, it would be at level of Radeon VII. That's how hostile that game is towards GCN. And that's how well can Smaller Navi handle workloads with no optimizations for AMD.
    You can almost say it now. RX 5700 XT has 23% fewer transistors than Radeon VII. But performs 12% better in clusterF* coding situations.

It is not laughable, it is sad to see in 2019 something that's made to be so one sided.
    I even wonder if it is running fixed or older (broken) version of benchmark where gameworks did work even while it was not desirable. (No gameworks related things being displayed.)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  4. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    The s
    tupid thing about this benq is if you use low setings without all of the gimpworks its a fair benqmark, the momento you turn on all of the stuff, gimpworks works a charm.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Would it even be a valid comparison to run TurfX and Hairworks enabled with how tough it can be on AMD even with newer GPU models and hardware fixing the bottleneck in tessellation performance? HBAO+ doesn't seem to be too demanding and things like HFTS and VX would require hardware to even enable.

There's also Flow and a few others that can't be disabled (Some effects like campfires I think it was.) though it might make for a interesting Navi comparison and architecture changes with GCN and RDNA if it formerly affected AMD GPU's to a much higher degree though benchmark wise forcing on vendor specific (AMD or NVIDIA.) tech seems counter intuitive for a fair comparison and a benchmark run.
    (Does hairworks also still use MSAA, then you have both that and tessellation particularly for the Fury and earlier cards I think it was that got really bottlenecked with these though I recall even Vega doing sub-optimal with MSAA even if it's rarer these days in modern games.)

EDIT: Well I suppose as long as a disclaimer is used or something about what is enabled in these runs even if stock values might tick a few on it's not too problematic perhaps? Plenty of shader effects and what not in games that can really break performance too with minimal changes in image quality.

Watch_Dogs 2's extra stream distance sees performance and the game engine just give up around the 50% mark at which point minor detailing will just extend way off into the distance already.

Assassin's Creed Origins and it's model and mesh complexity, LOD's and overall fillrate and then for Odyssey coupled with volumetric cloud quality where I think even a 1080Ti reported a near 60% performance drop between Ultra and V.High for that option.

And so on. Shadows, draw distances of various kinds and more plus bugs, optimization issues or errors and what else there is and that's before AMD this or that technique or NVIDIA GameWorks techniques.

Plus flaws with integrating some other PC bits, Steam API can be a real sensitive one and then DRM and anti-tamper or anti-cheat of various kinds and user experience doesn't matter at all apparently so stability and performance just go ignored heh.

EDIT: Well what do I know, just a thing with how I'm seeing it I suppose.
    (Examples would come from Durante and various works on games, Kaldaien and SpecialK and the D3D11 -> Vulkan wrapper DXVK and a lot of technical details on reported issues and workarounds for these.)

Embra, patteSatan, OnnA and 1 other person like this.
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ ATI have World War Z and nV have Final Fantasy XV ;)

7. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    naaa they still run on par dx11 vs vulkan, ff only has dx11.

the game that AMD really beats nvidia at the price range is BF5, vegas just rule

8. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Maybe with the older architecture, but it should not be a factor with Navi assuming the architecture is different. Could be drivers though I imagine whoever is testing is using the press drivers.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yup, Now we can recommend Navi to everyone :D :p

For the record, we still don’t know the exact new pricing for RX 5700 series.
    Even we did, it would require a good confirmation, as pricing tends to fluctuate a lot before launches.
    The difference here is that AMD already announced the pricing for Navi series. The new pricing will reflect the situation on the market after GeForce RTX Super series arrival.

Both Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 will launch on July 7th.

The information on new pricing is under embargo till July 6th. We will let know you know as soon as we hear more.

New pricing:
    • RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary: ~$449
    • RX 5700 XT: ~$399 (349 is the best scenario*)
    • RX 5700: ~$349 (299 is the best scenario*)
    -> https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-to-lower-the-price-of-radeon-rx-5700-series-ahead-of-launch
    -> https://twitter.com/sherkelman/status/1146827961162711045

* Price - performance unmatched !

[​IMG]

S: videocardz.com

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I mentioned before that I expected a last minute price drop, and I was right! :) BOOYAH!

OnnA likes this.

11. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Custom 5700XTs can't come soon enough. Day one buy for me. Been on integrated graphics since february waiting for navi.

OnnA likes this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    RX480 to 5700X for the same (mining?) bucks :eek:

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    No, actually not. While I have not seen compute performance of 5700 (XT), its gaming to compute performance is higher than GCN. Therefore their compute value is lower than their gaming value... Unless one goes for concurrent execution of different workloads that are able to do so.

14. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I would be tempted to sell my vega ~200-250€ to get a 5700XT if i were to see AIB models under 400€...

Maddness likes this.
  15. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Does Navy have HBCC? its like a serius thing with vega and people just forget about it.

Cryio likes this.

16. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64

Its german, just do auto sub to EN and it helps a bit if you are like me and dont understand German.

OnnA likes this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Maddness likes this.
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru