Navi RDNA Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Can you elaborate on what issues you're having? Some people around here already have the cards, and I'm sure they can help you sort them out.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Unless they're driver devs, they're useless. The issues I have are from bugs in the drivers. They'll be fixed within a few driver releases, like always, but they're still irritating.

3. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Well if you will not tell us what issues you are having...no one can help you or even provide feedback in the right places. If I can duplicate your "bugs" believe me the people that need to know, will know asap.

However if you will not share you specific bugs, I nor anyone, can help you.

I have been coming to guru3d almost since it began, and I am also one of the earliest members of the AMD Vanguard team. So just saying the bugs without giving specifics does me no good to report and or duplicate. So yes I have direct access to engineers, devs and other AMD staff on a daily basis.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Texture corruption, color flickering, crashing to desktop, stuttering, framerate drop... These have been ongoing issues for me with every new generation going back to the HD4850. The x700 Pro is the last card I had that didn't experience these issues early on. Using the built in OSD seems to exacerbate the issues. Going off past history, they'll all be fixed by October/November.

5. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Well, never(almost, had some flickering I think) have had such as problems as you. But I must admit, OSD could trigger some issues u mentioned, while I was testing v64, or rad7 lately. CTD mostly had from temps(bad cooler mounting), framerate drops never occured.

I feel pressure to buy navi and try it with my morpheus cooler...dunno if mems need radiators on them though...;)

signex likes this.
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    According to OSD, my card has never exceeded 52C....so temps aren't an issue.

I go through this every time I buy a new architecture from AMD.... After the first few driver releases, everything is sorted and works properly.

7. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Double post, del

8. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    You are gonna have to be more specific how, why,. when, what were you doing when X event happened. Being general just saying x things happen...but without know everything else no one is gonna bother to even look at it. If it cannot be reproduced but then again I nor anyone can possible know what you were doing when it happened.

If you keep MSI AB open it is currently known to cause flickering on Navi...that is best I can help you with without lots of details.

Seriously it has to be reproducible. Also need your system specs and what you are running things at.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That flicker is caused by option: "Enable hardware control and monitoring". Maybe if it was split to just enable monitoring and not control, it would be fine. (Even while it uses same driver API.)
    So, one can continue to use MSI AB in limited form. Btw, same flicker happens when one applies wattman settings. In MSI AB, it is reproducible just by having mentione option enabled and clocking "OK". No other action is needed, just clicking settings and OK.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Or stick to OverdriveN + (or) MemTweak + WattMan.
    No Problems with OC, monitoring etc. (at last for Vega).

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I haven't run AB since the launch of the RX470.... I have nothing against AB, but I prefer to minimize unnecessary software running on my system.

I have TL, TL2, DA:O, DA2, BF4, BF5, SimCity 2K, SimCity, ME2, Roblox, 3DMark and Heaven currently installed. TL2, DA:0, DA2, BF4 and Firestrike all display flickering. DA:O was experiencing crashes to desktop. BF4, initially wouldn't load, instead crashing and locking the system. DA:O, DA2 and Roblox were all experiencing stuttering and heavy framerate loss. I have no formally tested TL, BF5, SimCity (or 2K), or ME2. I am testing different possible work-arounds for the framerate drops in DA:O and DA2. Other games will be tested in the coming days. Drivers got a clean reinstall to rule out data corruption.

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Bought myself cheapest 5700 XT kind of planning on putting it under water because why not. Planning on getting a new case and custom watercooling stuff after I get myself 3950 proc

Jackalito and Maddness like this.
  13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I got my Vega 56 back in, i'll pick up the Red Devil RX 5700 later. Got myself a new Freesync 2 monitor in the meantime.

I hope the Red Devil RX 5700 doesn't choke in my little case like the Vega 56 does lol.
    It almost touches the I/O cables, and my motherboard has the PCI-E slot 1 slot lower then others so i can't use the bottom fan mounts for cooling the GPU.
    My case is a Corsair 280X, beautiful case i'd rather not change. :(

14. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
  15. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Pricing an RX5800XT at $699 would be near suicide.... If AMD wants to regain market share, they need to go for $450-500 for an RX5800 and $550-600 for an RX5800XT. I don't expect the FX5800XT to offer 2080Ti level performance.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    But in Forza it will destroy 2080 ti :D :D

Jackalito and Undying like this.
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    And in WordWar Z :p
    To compete with nV Behemoth (750mm2) chips, ATI will need to deliver indeed :D
    IMhO They will in time.... looking at 5700XT i think the Tech is already here.

Jackalito likes this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman, Fox2232 and Jackalito like this.