NAVI 5700 and BIOS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Digilator, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Digilator

Digilator Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    many AMD cards post Rx5xx just won't work on non-uefi boards, has been like this for a while, but its up to the subvendor to decide.

3. Digilator

Digilator Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    If we could get into BIOS, shouldn't it mean that it doesn't require UEFI?

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no, it means your board cycled back to csm mode.

5. Digilator

Digilator Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    ...in any case, this looks like a mentally sick way of thinking. It should be "yes, there is a GPU - move on". No wonder there are so many computer issues out there)

6. raain

raain New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    I can confirm that this card can fully work with non-uefi bios.

I have X5675 on P6TD Deluxe X58 mobo and reference Sapphire RX 5700 (flashed to 5700 XTX 50th Anniversary) and it works, after some things to do related to my board. I know that is works on my i7-930 too. It should work on P6T Deluxe, P6T WS, P6T WS PRO, P6X58D Premium too.

Got it working just by enabling Express Gate feature, if it is disabled card will show black screen after bios post ends.

If your board is not X58/Asus so try to attach another card to 1st PCI-E slot. Something like GT 210, use it as primary VGA. RX 5700 should work if you can pass into Windows. Then you can turn off second VGA in device manager and Windows will work with only one VGA.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    CSM here as part of a older x79 motherboard, black screen issues as part of something in later drivers after 19.7.5 that I'm slowly trying to understand and test but there's no issues on boot and it sounds like it works just fine on the earlier x58 too from the above post.

It's not full legacy since CSM is there but it's not pure UEFI either that's for the next system build whenever it's ready.