Natural & Realistic Lighting for Watch_Dogs

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Danvsw, May 6, 2016.

1. Keiji Kiriya

Keiji Kiriya New Member

GPU:
    32,0 GB RAM
    Just signed in to say thank you for this wonderful and really gorgeous mod. I use the Slow Dry Version.

2. Spidertank

Spidertank New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 760 8gb
    This mod looks fantastic! I downloaded the Lite version since while I have 8 Gb of VRAM, I am on an old GTX 760. I have encountered a problem... No matter what combination of files I use (of those that have been posted across this thread) it is constantly raining in my game. The sky is clear and the sun is shining, but droplets fall on the ground and puddles form. Aiden is constantly being sprayed during cutscenes, even if it's sunny and no other character is getting sprinkled.
    I tried downloading the supposed fix, that Windy_city.xml but I don't see how to apply it. Is it a ReShader only file?

3. bertrenolds5

bertrenolds5 New Member

GPU:
    rx 580
    I just bought this game, finally got it working last night so I could actually play it. There was a language text error. Anyways, I have been reading up on mods and I am def going to install the main mod here on windows 10, hopefully it works without any issues. My question is I also plan to install the living city mod, are there any know issues when installing both of these mods together?
    Update, just tried and they both have seperate patch.dat and patch.fat files and Im not quite sure how to join them. There is an option to dl the loose version of the live city mod made for modders but I have absolutely no idea how to join the two if it's even possible. Looks like I'm going with vosswar natural and realistic mod till i hear back of figure out how to join them. Also I just tried playing and I am getting tons of artifacts and it basically looks horrible on the cut scenes. Like when he first sleeps you see the teddy bear but then its just tons of boxes/artifacts and I cant even see what is going on. I am gonna try the lite version. I am waiting for my new cpu ryzen 5 3600 but currently have a amd 8350 4ghz processor with 16gb of memory but I'm guessing that not enough to run a rx 580 at high or ultra.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Installing lighting mods and graphics enhancements will not change how shallow this game is, what should have been but wasn t

5. Whatevermynameis

Whatevermynameis New Member

GPU:
    GTX960 2GB
    yes there are some issues. Living city mod is not really a complete mod so you encounter bugs every often. Much as I enjoyed it. I had to delete it for the sake of a smooth gameplay. Also after installing that mod, if u ever want to revert back to normal, be sure to disable all the mod configs or u'll never be able to buy guns again due to some weird configs being messed up.
    As for this mod. If u have a RX580 just go for the main version. My pc only have i5 6400 and GTX960 2GB with 8GB RAM yet still run the mod fine at ultra with anti alliasing set to Temporal SMAA.

6. Whatevermynameis

Whatevermynameis New Member

GPU:
    GTX960 2GB
    And pls, is there anyway to increase light in indoor places? it drives me nut when when I step from outdoor to indoor, it becomes completely black no matter how clear u can see it from outdoor. Making navigation a complete blind running experience.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Botan

Botan New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX
    Looks great on my side OP
    Just wanta ask noob question, how do I open the reshade menu that you provided? I tried Shift+F2 & home key & no luck. Scrl lock hotkey to switch reshade is working for me though

8. jungssi

jungssi New Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    I copied the file properly and also downloaded directx run time(location:appdata/local/temp) and still not working. The game window closes immediately after window comes out.
    I uninstalled(include manually clearing all remaining files) and reintalled it about 3 times and still no clue to fix it. HELP!

9. jungssi

jungssi New Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    additionally, my assassin's creed black flag with reshade works without problem.

10. cK5rEm

cK5rEm New Member

GPU:
    idk
    How do i start the tutorial? how do i press "Home"

11. Noufel_17

Noufel_17 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gforce gtx 1
    Hey guys , I tryed the mod it's amazing but the blur is very annoying for me , is there anyway that i can remove it . Thanx.

12. Noufel_17

Noufel_17 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gforce gtx 1
    Hey guys i tryed the mod it's amazing but the blur is very annoying for me , so is there any way that i can remove it.

13. MOJ98

MOJ98 Member

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    Try disabling depth of field and motion blur in the graphics settings menu.

14. lisao10

lisao10 New Member

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics
    Can anyone merge Living City 1.9.4 and Natural realistic lighting? PLS

15. 3-D

3-D New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW2 SLI
    Hi, I've been a lurker for some time, but I created the merge you requested and have shared it on NexusMods.
    Download is below.

WATCH_DOGS REDUX

WATCH_DOGS REDUX is the essential graphical and gameplay overhaul for Watch_Dogs. The mod includes a combination of the most realistic graphic and atmospheric mods available for the game, plus:
    • Natural & Realistic Lighting (The Best Watch_Dogs Graphics Overhaul)
    • Living City 1.9.4 (Breaths life into Chicago with dozens of improvements)
    • New custom missions and random events
    • First Person (optional)
    • Interiors unlocked
    • New weapons and weapon sounds
    • All cars in Car on Demand
    • Lamborghini Aventador
    • E3 "Phone Call Panel" (behind vehicle)
    • E3 Smoke / Steam particles
    • E3 Godrays + slight lensflare
    • E3 Focus & depth of field (togglable)
    • E3 Car Handling
    • E3 Movement Animations
    • New outfits in stores
    • Improved coat physics
    • Denser parked cars, and road / pedestrian traffic
    • HD Texture Relief Mapping
    • HD Vegetation + new water textures
    • New Particle FX and longer-lasting decals
    Natural & Realistic Lighting - The Best Watch_Dogs Graphics Overhaul:
    • Includes features from TheWorse's "E3 enabler" mod - depth of field, MaLDo's enhanced textures, shadows from headlights and much more.
    • Relief Mapping (similar to Parallax Occlusion Mapping) from The Silver
    • E3 Focus & E3 helicopter floodlight from txgt, E3 Beretta 92FS by The Silver + enhanced reflections
    • Custom leather biker clothing + improved helmet reflections in rainy weather
    • Increased Steam / Smoke by Essenthy
    • Reflections for "the bean" by TheSilver
    • Realistic headlights from txgt
    • Dark blue night sky in clear weather by txgt
    • Improved weapons materials during rainy weather
    • More realistic sunrays
    • Almost all vegetation color and brightness has been changed to better match lighting
    Living City 1.9.4 - The Most Extensive Watch_Dogs Gameplay Overhaul:
    • All buildings that players could visit only in the plot are now open.
    • 19 new togglable "restricted" areas with patrols.
    • Random events and mini-missions for the implementation of which give rewards. For example, you can
      help the police stop the criminal and raise their reputation, or grab a truck withammunition.
    • “Fake” contract assignments that ambush the player. The type of opponents depends
      on the area of the city, and the complexity is always random.
    • Additional missions, both short and not inferior in scale to the base campaign.
    • The police are able to use the ctOS operating system against the player - for example, to
      build bridges and close the gates during the chase.
    • Additional options for hacking simple passers-by. For example, the protagonist can
      blow up the phone in the hands of a person, transfer money to him or put police on him.
    • Some of these actions trigger random events.
    • Limited inventory - four slots, one type of weapon in each.
    • Additional animations when loading saves, random time of day and weather after
      each game launch.
    • Almost all of the innovations can be turned on and off independently by
      editing the mod configuration file.

Download: https://www.nexusmods.com/watchdogs/mods/75/

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    MOJ98 likes this.

16. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
    this mod work together with that topic start?

17. 3-D

3-D New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW2 SLI
    Yes, my mod listed above - Watch_Dogs REDUX - actually already contains Natural & Realistic Lighting as part of the merge.

18. TNitro

TNitro New Member

GPU:
    AMD 6GB
    Hello guys,can someone give me a link?
    Because non of the links are working.

19. MrDeftino

MrDeftino New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Link is broken. Can you update?

20. DantePrime

DantePrime New Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Strix Rade
    Amazing MOD mate! Your work is the reason I downloaded this game :)

I was just wondering if you'de be able to provide a merged file with your mod and the living city mod...I'm a bit of pleb when it come to those things!

Cheers