NASA releases stunning 360-degree Mars video

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Common, Earth's surface rotation speed on equator is just 463.3m/s (does not matter at all).
    What actually matters is 2nd Law of Friction as I pointed out previously.

Now some fun fact, if you could cancel gravitation. "Centrifugal Force" on equator is giving you about 0.0337 m/s^2 (that's quite nothing once compared to g on equator 9.2 m/s^2).
    Speed at which earth rotates is quite insignificant. But if it rotated 17.07 times faster. (291.5x higher energy required) => Centrifugal force would nullify gravitation.

In other words that's why your favorite UFO using "anti gravity" moves up so slowly.

2. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Trollololololol

3. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    He's deadly serious guys, myself and a few others I've shared some info with can prove it. Lets just say he acts exactly the same (and sometimes worse) elsewhere.

4. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Master Guru

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    came down men it is got like the nazi germany in hear with some of u men it is not good fo rus gurus! now it is not to matter if the earth is s sqeare, a triangle or evern a big ball in a big ball sack! what matter is that w respect each other an be merry or what is a point of bein on are earth!?

now men lookin at the nasa they have the amazing things that are many times above us BUT many of it is strange. like the men who post the pics - 1 from a moon an show a small us (eaarth) an 1 from a mlion miles away an it is massive evern i can tell this is not right. if it is the right then on a moon whicah is not 1 mialion miles away but a quater of that then it will fill a entiere sky so it is plain to see for us men who can think that nasa is lyin to make there moneys sometime or their is some advance. the pic are further up in the pages i check them an they are from the nasa but it dont make any sense they cant both be right so one as to be wrong.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Have you ever zoomed in with a camera? Yeah. Cameras can have different levels of zoom, focal length, or even operation. Some cameras on satellites are narrow arc cameras that sweep the image and need to be corrected digitally afterwards. Other cameras in space take photos of earth in different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum and needs to be recolored and adjusted afterwards. You can't compare the size of an object in two images and say "they can't both be right" unless you know the specific characteristics of each camera.

NASA doesn't make money by publishing photos, the congress sets their budget and the president approves it. There are multiple space agencies across the globe that have taken varying sized photos of Earth. I doubt that all these agencies, roughly 350K+ people, are all working together on some kind of grand conspiracy about space.

The problem isn't with people asking questions, questions are good. The problem is that people make declarative statements that have no foundation in basic physics and then repeating them over and over again. The stuff hes posting has been debunked, a million times over again. It got debunked several times in this thread and yet he just keeps repeating it.

6. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    I've come out of retirement to call you an idiot.

You're an idiot.

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Thanks for the laughs. We don't need to assume your intelligence level. You've made it perfectly clear. At some point you must ask yourself, is it you or everyone else?

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Haha! Fantastic.

9. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I saw this earlier and found it appropriate:

[​IMG]

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Smallest of minds discuss Themselves... Because you actually made this thread and some others on our forums about yourself.

11. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Given the fact that you're a braggart, that "meme" speaks wonders.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    "I mean no disrespect" and then you call me brainwashed and not honest with myself haha. I'd say that's an insult in my dictionary

13. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    insults are just words at the end of the day and words can not hurt you

can the man and his idea's not be left alone now?

14. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    You did say/state in this thread

1 If gravity was real, it would pull the moon into the Earth and it would crash. lol

2 Picture a runway. Going north-south. I am sure there are lots like this.
    Try landing the plane on a spinning Earth of ~1000 mph.

3 Apparently they like to lie and tell people that the moon is illuminated by the sun.
    It is easy to prove that is not true.

4 You know because you've been brainwashed to know. If you don't think that is true, then go ahead and explain to me how a helicopter does not have cities or towns come to it while hovering.

5 Dude, I am extremely high i.q. and it is a simplistic thing for me to realize your jealousy.

Last but not least.....:6 You're just delusional

Heck, maybe we are delusional and your right!

Not.

15. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    There's also this classic from another thread:

16. freezingguy

freezingguy New Member

GPU:
    2gb
    this is great

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, we have thread which is completely derailed, so we can as well get some lesson.

18. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    @Fox2232, Thanks, that^ made my day...:banana:

:cheers:

19. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    scale height of mars atmosphere is 6.9miles (according to NASA) so -16.1629 miles (straight down duh). im assuming you ask in relation to human-habitable pressures; i dont know how anybody would get down that far even with massive gradation in the excavated tunnels - digging it out in the first place seems borderline impossible :infinity:

::edit::

of course im exaggerating a bit, it would just require massive manpower...& tons of explosives.

you need to think more. good job derailing the thread tho, well done.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  20. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Snip.

Apologies.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.