Namco Changes Tekken Floor Pattern To Appease Muslim Fans

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Mikedogg, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    First Call of Duty. Now this.

*Facepalm*

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why even include a Saudi level, games are probably haram anyway.

3. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    The world is such a joke these days.

Just offend everyone equally and let them deal with it.

4. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    @lucidus - Money, I guess. :fuse:

I'm trying to figure out their angle on this one. I mean, do they see this as a sign of being disrespectful? or a sign of terrorism?

I mean, it's their hangup on what they think of this. But is it really a problem?

@Finchwizard - censorship is just loony these days. It almost feels like we're going backwards if you know what I mean.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    But yet they don't mind a ba-gillion of their people being killed in games like MOH and COD etc. Confused young SkyWalker is.

6. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    People need to stop being over sensitive.

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I get the feeling that the people who actively look for these sorts of "violations" of political correctness think they're doing their people a favor when nobody actually cares.

8. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    +1, :david:

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Always Muslims complaining....sick of them and there whining at everything in life.

10. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    It seems that some game companies are getting a little worried about offending muslims and having them act out over the game.

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    Changing things because of muslims getting offended offends me, nobuy ¬¬.

Nothing wrong with muslims, but i don't want a world where you can't do/say something because it "may offend muslims", since they get offended by anything and those things are very retarded, something like getting back to medieval times, people can't evolve because everything they do its considered evil, bleh.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  12. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I think it's somewhat odd that, if in normal conversation, I accidently offended a gay person, for example, then apologized and recanted, I would be seen as a good guy; it would be a decent act.

But if in a game, Muslims are offended, a similar response from the game developer occurs, and then everyone gets word of it...Suddenly there's outcry.

I feel there's a double standard here. While Muslims to tend to be easier to offend, in this case, it's a small outcry over a small thing. The thing is in noway integral to the locale or situation, plot or meaning. It's just a tiny decoration. Why not simply remove it, and everyone just remains happy.

13. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    Islam should just vanish, or at the very least shut up.

Islam means "submit" and everybody seems to be certainly doing that as soon as it's even mentioned. "Don't want to offend muslims" rofl, they go out of their way to BE offended, some of them are permanently offended. :puke2:

14. MerkageTurk

MerkageTurk Banned

GPU:
    GTX 580sli + GTX 260
    well you dick brain i am really offended for what you just said, Christians, Jews and Muslims are all believing in the same God and prophets its just some of the people like to cause trouble.

And if game developers know this would cause trouble among muslims than why do it. its our religion our culture go **** with your culture or ur **** starting war country.

15. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Well that's not proving the point right there. I made a decent post on Islam's side and you completely ignore it for a chance to insult someone else.

16. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    You just proved my point, thanks.

17. suture

suture Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    +1

i lol'd
    But yeh, its getting ridiculous alright,

oh btw, i also get offended by some tekken female costums, can someone remove them too? :]

18. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080
    i take offense to you taking offense! why so angry?
    hey i know you should read up on some history. You can start here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_war
    merkia hasn't started nearly as many wars. We mostly just intervene and push the war in our favor. Of course i can see why that would make most people angry.

19. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    I'm offended that this thread isn't locked yet. :eyes:

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    So am I, lol. But fwiw, I'll just chip in my bit.

Muslims are too varied, crossing over into different races, cultures, habits, practices and most especially the degree of emphasis on religion in their lives to be typecast under a such a generic term as "the Muslims". Often sensational events or news stories due to their nature are usually what make 'news' and thus get at the forefront of peoples attention. Unfortunately this creates certain associations in some peoples minds where the acts of a few are automatically seen as representative of the whole. I work in the middle-east and most muslims I know couldnt give a rats arse about things like this. If they did, then they'd be up in arms over the bars, nightclubs and brothels in some of the countries here (Bahrain, UAE), but as they couldnt care less (or not enough to do anything about), I guess its what allows these places to thrive and endure. So to generalize or paint in broad brush strokes any groups of people as "the Muslims" or 'the Jews' or 'the blacks' is pretty close to what we may see at Stormfront imo. Sad state of the times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.