Mystery Missile seen near California Coast

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TDurden, Nov 9, 2010.

1. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Old news.

Ended up being that this was a con-trail.

Reporters apparently have no concept of "view perspective".

(eg. flight coming towards viewer, low sun reflecting off of bottom of plane)

-scheherazade

2. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    And I got flamed on youtube for saying it was a contrail. Brilliant.

This is what happens when people who like to believe that the government is doing chem tests on the public are allowed to speak their mind.

3. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    It was kinda crazy. She was describing when she was enlightened, she was on some plane talking about physics or something, and suddenly, bam. She says she was overcome with joy for weeks, and that crazy knowledge was bestowed upon her, but of course it was just the moment something in her mind snapped hard, and she just went insane.

I mean, I was sititng listening to her, and thinking about it, and its actually kind of scary to think that she's gone on with her life for 40-50 years or whatever, and one day, she's just talking to someone, and at the moment, something in her brain pops, and logic no longer functions correctly.

Scares the **** out of me that that can happen to people. That's probably scarier than death.

Of course, even funnier, this morning the Regular Guys had her back on, with another bat**** insane ultra-religious lady. Lols were had.

4. Mike Z

Mike Z Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Cause a media corporation told you it was a con-trail, it actually was a con-trail ?

Pf..

I'd rather stick to saying I don't know exactly what it was, but it could've been this or that.

5. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    Everyone gets flamed on YouTube. It's a sport.

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Weather balloon. Obviously.

7. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    Man, I don't know. There's a military airbase a few miles south of me, I see contrails that look like this all the time. Some people say it's too thick or too long, but I see contrails that span the sky all the time. And the thickniss can just be a rsult o the plane flying lower, thus making it look thicker.

People always try to look for things that aren't really there. I wonder why people are so hooked on the idea that their government wants to do them harm.

8. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
  9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I call BS on that link Stukov. I am sure those "military experts" (seems everyone is these days on the internet) somehow deduced from grainy poor quality footage that it was not only a rocket launch, but a Chinese missile yet.

Conspiracy much?

10. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Quote from article:

Have these guys ever heard of SMS? Email? MSN?

China going to war with US? ROFL

Why not just send an email saying: "Dear America. We don't want your money, please find someone else to pay for labour. Love, China"

11. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    If I recall correctly WND is a political website who has connections in the beltway. It really isn't a conspiracy to conclude it was a Chinese missile launched from a submarine. Why? It is the most logical conclusion. The image doesn't look like a contrail, even the amateur observer can figure that out. We see contrails all the time in the sky from various aircraft and it doesn't even look like that.

If it was a missile launch, it would have had to been launched by a submarine. If you have ever read our published intelligence reports (which we do every 1-2 years and I have read before) on Chinese military and besides technologies to counter/detect stealth, electronic warfare, etc...China had our government concerned with their "low noise diesel submarines". It is certainly possible they were able to slip past our radar nets.

Given the apparent timing, it is easy to conclude the Chinese would be the one launching the missile. It always could be Russia, but I am unaware of any political motivation for Russia to be doing so.

The only reason people think it isn't a missile contrail is the "government" says it isn't. That isn't evidence that follows any logical deduction. There is no conspiracy, there is simple evidence deduction. The government even has a good reason to lie, if it came out was China there would be huge public outcry and could ruin relations with China and make things worse. China has really been sable rattling against us for a long time, hell they were able to hijack the internet and have DoD web traffic route through a backbone in China.

China is more of a threat to the American public than Terrorism is.

12. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    My money would be on that stupid North Korean submarine before pointing at China.

13. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    Does North Korea even have submarines? Those fools tell their people to eat the bark off trees due to limited supplies in food, what makes you think they have submarines? xD

14. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
  15. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC

16. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    If it was indeed a sub missile launched by a foreign navy - it would be either China or N. Korea, the only two countries who would have a motive to do something like that.

17. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480
    Mythbusters with a tanker full of diet Coke and a box of Mentos.

Solved.

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    China is not a threat to America, that is just plain fear mongering. Face it, America has never gone to war with another Nuclear armed power and probably never will.

The Chinese have 3 SSBN's capable of launching SLBMs, and their SLMBs can hit the U.S. from Chinese territorial waters, there is no need to travel to the U.S. coast for a demonstration. Also the SSBN's almost never leave port, and the nuclear warheads are never loaded on the missiles without strict orders and are stored separately. In addition China has a strict policy of their Nuclear weapons only being deployed in their territory, not outside their territorial waters.

Also North Korea does not have SSBN's.

And as a last note, no country in the world launches a ICBM/SLBM without announcing the launch first, including the location of the launch and the destination of the missile. This is to assure that any launch will not be misinterpreted as an attack. And no one will be stupid enough to do an unannounced launch barely 40km off the U.S. coastline.

For an entire 15min... I guess we all forgot about the story in which a server was mis-programed to send out the distance packet that showed zero, so that the entire worlds traffic targeted that one server.

Nope, not really. Just another excuse for the Navy to try to explain why they need their obscenely sized submarine fleet.

Chinese Kilo-class Diesel submarines endurance:

-400 nautical miles (700 km) at 3 knots (6 km/h) submerged
    -6,000 nautical miles (11,000 km) at 7 knots (13 km/h) snorkeling (7,500 miles for the Improved Kilo class)
    -45 days sea endurance

Nowhere near the range to threated the U.S.. Most other Diesels have similar ranges. And mind you that they do not carry SLBM's or other long range rockets.

19. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    WND?

[​IMG]

ETA: China holds the potential to be a threat and thus its moves must be monitored. However, WND is a rather radical right wing fundamentalist website. From reading it I have gotten the impression that many of its editors believe not only that there are witches, but that they do in fact have spiritual powers.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  20. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT