My wife lied to me

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by sepulchre, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its best to do NOTHING when drunk or hungover.
    Zero!

Speaking on the phone over a sensitive issue is dangerous as you wont be able to see each others body language and could make the situation worse.
    Especially after a skin full !

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Solution is pretty simple imho, just get one of those ankle bracelets with the built in tracking device.

This way you can be constantly looking over her shoulder right from the comfort of home! It's perfect solution.

What's more I think you can get a n explosive bracelet that comes with remote detonator included.
    If it looks like she might be headed to the boyfriends house, simply press the button on the detonator and boom - she's an amputee! ;)

Hope this helps a bit..:)

3. Hemectu

Hemectu Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX465 SC -> 470 SC
    Go to sleep, when you wake up go talk to her, and I mean YOU TALK, it is possible she is just over the relationship but more likely there is a break down in communication, rebuild.

But after you wake up.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Best way to lose someone is to become possessive and try and keep tabs on them - if she is going to do something bad, she`ll do it whether you keep ringing her or not

If she is not going to do anything bad, then continuously ringing her will just pi$$ her off and do neither of you any good

If you can not trust her, you need to work out if you ever will be able to again - if the answer is yes, sit down and talk to her, if the answer is no - well... you need to work out what to do.

Maybe she lied to you to see how easy it would be to get away with it while doing something innocent, just incase you caught her, which you did

Maybe she lied to you by mistake, and did intend on going to the original friends house, but plans changed and she didn't think to tell you.

Who knows unless you actually sit and talk to her - there is 2 outcomes to this

1.) you lose her
    2.) you dont

Phoning her every 2 minutes and not talking to her about things will be a quick path to number 1

Waiting until you are both sober and rested, then telling her you both need to sit down and talk could lead to 1 or 2 - but at least there is a chance with this plan that it leads to number 2

5. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I've been with my partner for 6 years and I'll tell you one thing, trust isn't forcing her to stick to a pre-arranged plan and then freaking out if she doesn't. Trust is knowing that when she is out on her own, with friends or whatever else our relationship is strong enough that she won't be doing anything to damage that. I know what it's like to feel jealous and paranoid, it's something I have had to overcome in myself, but you have to know that it achieves nothing and is essentially the root cause of many of life's problems.

6. fasteddy

fasteddy Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
    "Hit her with a shovel" ®

7. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    This is where you all should have stopped reading. This is how you KNOW it's bull****. It's the internet, fully public. If his friends can't keep a secret and he can't tell them then why would he put it on the internet where it gets ****ing indexed by Google. You all have been massively trolled.

Hypothetically if his wife was a real person she would know his internet pseudonym and with such a flakey and obviously un-trustworthy relationship would keep track of his internet posts.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah I called BS as soon as I read that line.

9. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Well all I'll say if anyone claims

and it's not true then... wow I don't know what to say

I mean no one should make claims like that if they aren't true its disgusting

10. midweskid

midweskid Guest

I think I figured it out, she most likely is cheating on you. The reason is your still on a lga 775 platform, and because of that your pc mark and vantage scores are not high enough to satisfy her. The guy she is with will most likely have a sandy bridge platform, and is ready to upgrade to SB-E when that comes out. Even though this may be the case you can still save everything by either getting SB-E first or waiting for Ivy Bridge. Just my 2 cents, which used to be worth a dollar (stupid economy).

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  12. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    I'm going to be honest with you bro. She's really into my crossfire setup. I tell her it doesn't scale well but she can't get enough of three.

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    +1 lol

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    well said

15. Pilgrim1942

Pilgrim1942 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Don't worry about it!
    If it's any consolation, it's probably been happening for some time, and this is the first time you've caught your wife out. ;)
    Been there, got the tee shirt, and scars to prove it. :)

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    The thing is, he never forced her to do anything. She just started lying out of nowhere. And paranoia is justified when it comes to women since most of them are absolutely terrible at communicating their problems to their man. They become unhappy with something, never mention it, then go sleep with someone else and blame it on their BF as if it's justified.

17. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Wow. Stop. Just stop. YOu haven't got a thing figured out.
    In a relationship the rolls of a woman and a man are the same. To love the other and be a companion. One will always be the giver and one will always be the reciever. In one relationship it's the man the gives. In another it the woman. It all goes downhill when one party decides that they want to be the other or vice versa.That and things just change. sometimes you end up with someone you love and then find someone else you want to love. Completely normal. Trying to hold on to things that you can't hold on to is c-r-a-z-y.
    If what the OP was saying is true (doubt it as it was way too vague and general) then he should just move on. He already stated that he can't trust her and that the relationship is over. If she was having an affair (again can't tell as no spacifics were given) maybe she was just having some fun with a confidant. Something she can't have at home due to the obvious alcoholic nature of the OP (two bottles of Vodka and can still read and type with proper punctuation).
    **** happens deal with it. Sometimes when someone does something bad to you it is your fault they did it. Adultry is usually the fault of the party not involved. SO on and so on....

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  18. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Lol right, I haven't got a thing figured out when I've been in a relationship for years and seen several end because of the same reason every time. Cheating is never the fault of the party not involved, because the other person should grow a pair of balls/ovaries and END IT, instead of getting stuffed behind the other person's back. It's a common mistake for men to blame themselves when they get cheated on, and it's just stupid. Sure, you may have been doing something wrong, but the woman should COMMUNICATE this, instead of just going "well he does this all the time and doesnt change so cheating is 100% justified!".

19. Poison

Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    this could be one reason:
    [​IMG]

20. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    It says in your profile you are 19. You may think you know what you are talking about but you will look back at 19 year old ice445 in 10 years time and think to yourself, who the hell was that guy.