1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Watch Dogs Lens Flares

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by SoloCreep, Jul 14, 2014.

1. BossMafioso

BossMafioso Active Member

GPU:
    7970ghz
    The new lib files uses all file as flaretexture not sharing it to 4 parts as it before it solve issue with other lights which using the same texture and allow to get texture in higher resolution 1024x256 not 256x256 because its 1024 for all 4 parts.

2. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Yeah I was thinking the exact thing because my older flares did not mess with any other lights. You the man =)

3. NikoRoots

NikoRoots Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Thank you very much! soooooo awesome! very very gorgeous flares!! WOW! :eek2:
    sorry for the poor SS quality though...
    here is a mix of SoloCreep Anamorphic beta1fixed + Lunayah HDnormal with Yizan cameralib
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ive tested ur textures BOSS, I do like them quite a lot! (especially @25%). Yizan's ones are very interesting! but for the moment, I prefer SoloCreep's ones... matter of taste... and I think they are the most similar to E3...

anyway... just wanted to thank u gentlemen!! BOSS, SoloCreep, u both rock! awesome work! keep going on!:infinity:

PS :
    @SoloCreep, take care of ur health sir! we only got one... but Im so glad u can't resist to improve ur excellent work! have some rest! u might dream of some other great ideas for WD :grin:

4. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

Excellent stuff man. It looks nice :)

5. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I added a link for the smaller size. Please try it out and give your opinion. I tried another method of doing this but and something looks off. I have not had time to do anything with the file in the link but Its something for now for people to try. Could be a few more days because I cant be at my PC for more than 5 minutes at a time for the next couple of days.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  6. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Damn SoloCreep you seem to always have the right set of mind when it comes to these flare effects. Always subtle always the best. you are one of the only ones modding this game that seems to have a solid idea about what this modding is all about. Its good to see that you dont get over the limit with anything you always seem to know the right balance. at least this is my opinion. keep it up man :banana::banana::).

7. cemnahit

cemnahit Active Member

GPU:
    GTX TITAN BLACK
    Smaller version of anamorphic lens flares is just perfect Thanks :)

8. NikoRoots

NikoRoots Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Sweeeeeet! thanks a lot! :)

I tested ur smaller flares with the more than excellent Lunayah's HDnormal.
    some quick SS...
    tested with GTX 760ti, 2x4GB RAM @1600, i7-4770, SSD 256Gb

Really tough to say which version I perfer... I do like them both A LOT!
    I have still a tiny preference for ur first ones, larger ones...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maybe the smaller anamorphic lens flares would fit better when there is a lot of traffic waiting @ red lights... but both versions are awesome!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  9. Plissken

Plissken Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    I have been messing around with the mods for nearly two months now, and it has been very exhausting from time to time, but in the end I can say that we have gone a long way and turned something good into pure beautiful. With lens flares out of the way I cannot think of anything else that was present in the E3 video but lacking now. So I'd say that's it, that's as far as it can get to the E3 video. I sincerely feel satisfied with it, and I can finally call it off.

Take a look at the video I've captured, includes bits and pieces from almost every mod available to my liking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5KJeLOvH0

Congrats to all of you guys who contributed to the modification process. Productive communities like this makes me feel proud to be a fellow PC gamer.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  10. BossMafioso

GPU:
    7970ghz
    Boss nad Yizan lensflares v2/new lensflare lib file

Boss and Yizan anamorphic lensflares

Here is second version of nice Sci-Fi style Yizan lensflare texture and I also rework this texture to make it more like E3. I also want to thanks Yizan for helping me a bit with .lib file.

Sci-Fi style
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

E3 style
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

E3 LensFlares .lib file v4

The zip file also contains new version of lib file which fix this bug(transparent Aiden)
    [​IMG]
    and make the flares visible at a little larger angle.

http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/19178087/file.html

Thanks also for SoloCreep for supporting my .lib files with making great lensflares textures.

11. Yizan

Yizan Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770
    I like more the BossMafioso lens flares(E3) than mine. Actually im going to use them.

12. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    At how many FPS are you playing in this video?
    Because your Trees and Coat moves just in the perfect speed.
    Im playing at 60 FPS and they are flattering around like crazy.

13. Plissken

Plissken Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    It's locked to 30 fps but the issue you're having is not related to fps, from what I can understand by your statement I believe the windycity settings/library file your mod includes needs to be further adjusted. I use Kadzait's library and settings for wind/physics simulation, I think by far he got it the best.

14. BossMafioso

GPU:
    7970ghz
    Working on new E3 lensflares

[​IMG]

15. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I took some time today to fix the train headlights. I will post a download link so people can have the updated version. I pulled the lib from TheWorse 0.99 and edited it so that the boats, cars and trains will use the flares. The lib will still work in any mod.

16. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    After messing around some more, I added another flare to the train. So what I have now is.. E3 flare on the cars and boats. The train also has the E3 flare but I added another dynamic flare to it. Train has a total of 3 flares per light. "which I also tried on the cars but it didn't look right". Here is a video of the train. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xfmuakfm_s&feature=youtube_gdata

What gave me this idea was I noticed the car in the Madness Digital Trip has a E3 type flare with the same ring around the lights. So I tried it on the cars and trains. Looks ok on the trains but when there is a lot of cars in an area it looks horrible. So I took it back off the cars and left on the train. I think its a good mix.

I don't have a download link up yet for my latest work and I am headed to bed. I will get one up after I get up and get on the computer.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  17. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    look horrible because you should edit the texture the circle is too big, try to resize and decrease brightness ;)

18. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I could always stick something else in there I have a few ideas swirling around in my melon. AHHH!! I get so sick of repacking files, repacking patches and restarting my game a 100 times a day LOL.

I have so many cool flares no one has seen and I have tried a lot of them. They just don't fit into this style of game.

EDIT: Train flare is perfect now. The halo is small now and doesn't touch the tracks. You can only see it if the lighting conditions are just right. I also have them on the cars at the moment and they work great. It has to be extra dark or pretty rainy for the halo to show up on the cars. New video showing the train and cars. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWCfk62Zwuw&feature=youtube_gdata

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  19. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Real Original E3 Flares untouched. Here are some pics I took and I am going to tone these flares down a bit and shrink the halo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  20. Gurumbada

Gurumbada Member

GPU:
    gtx 680 / 2G
    Cheer up!! ^^)b , Opinion is just opinion, I think. You may consider other things but Your thought is more important. Last large halo of train light looks good to me.