My Watch Dogs Lens Flares

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by SoloCreep, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    I have been trying the flares, messing around in the city. No crashes so far. Looks gorgeous as well.

I meant to imply that he brought something unachieved to the table, and I'm a strong believer of collective work. As they say, two heads are better than one. We have a strong community here, and anyone who adds to the Watch_Dogs modding movement on this site should get the credit they deserve.

Keep 'em coming, guys. :banana:

2. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Can you make the same lighteffectprefab.lib for TheWorse 0.99?

3. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Everything you need is in the download. Are you asking for someone to add this to his mod for you?

4. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Here is a couple of pics of them at half the size they were before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400

No, I just found some difference in the lighting. His mod's lighting's better than yours so could you tell me which xml you've edited and how?

6. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Mine is not a MOD.. Its only the lens flare. You have to put the lens flare into his MOD. If you do not know how then ask someone. Heck I will just do it for you. Check your pm in 15 minutes for the MOD.

7. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    You can just sent me a lighteffectprefab.lib edited based on TheWores' lighteffectprefab.lib.

8. BossMafioso

BossMafioso Guest

GPU:
    7970ghz
    Ok here is the new .lib files
    http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/31553744/file.html

Inside zip file are 4 lighteffectprefab.lib with other width and my old texture as an example.
    For file 100% width texture should be created in aspect ratio 10:2 and 25% width should be created in 25:20. I think the best way is creating in higher resolution example 2000x400 for 100% width and then downscale it by resizing to 1024x256.
    I think best is 25% or 50%. The height could be easily corrected by texture there is lot of free space for it.

9. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I tried the smaller version from earlier with The Worse 0.99 and it looks Freaking amazing with his foggier atmosphere. They are a perfect match!

Thanks boss for those files but I think its already perfect. I need to get a video up with TheWorse mod.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  10. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Could you teach me how to edit that Vehicles.HeadLightHID.xml and Vehicles.HeadLightStandard.xml?

11. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
  12. BossMafioso

BossMafioso Guest

GPU:
    7970ghz
    Easiest way is change type="BinHex" to type="Float" and then you can use normal numbers example
    <field hash="05A9DB42" type="BinHex">3333B33E</field> to
    <field hash="05A9DB42" type="Float">0.2</field>
    the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe convert it to binhex and you easy can put any number you want, but to know what <field hash=*
    what doing you must just test what it change in game or compare values with other files. To conver binhex to float you can use this app (in app set type Float32)
    http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/1178668/file.html
    and if there is something like that type="BinHex">D7A3203F86A7273F5BB12F3F</field>
    it is 3 different values D7A3203F 86A7273F 5BB12F3F

And i think the files with LTrain should also be changed i did it with the new files.

13. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    That's very helpful thank you.

14. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Yeah the Train also needs to be fixed.

15. BossMafioso

BossMafioso Guest

GPU:
    7970ghz

16. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
  17. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    SoloCreep's latest textures are a lot better than the ones before. It was getting too excessive sometimes, when there were too many cars on the screen. It's quite fine now with texture size reduced to half.

Actually I liked Boss & Yizan's textures as well. Loved the little "reflection" effect. But it's too Abrams-ish for me, with blue color and thin flare. That kind of flares suit better for science-fiction games.

Here's the E3 flares for your reference: http://goo.gl/Rm1Zx7

I think we should try getting close to that. SoloCreep's new flares are the closest so far, but they disappear as you drive/walk closer to cars. If you could find a way around that I'd say that's a perfect immitation.

18. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 4G GDDR5
    Some images of My Pure mod with Solo's e3 anamorphic lensflare ! Amazing :D !

Screens :-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    The disappearing thing is where Photoshop comes into play and I will make them more visible in the next day or two. In my opinion, in the city they shouldn't be showing up a lot when you are right up on them. when you go outside the city where it's darker. That's where I think they should show up more. I can still make them show a little more though since im not the only one playing the game. This is how they look in Pawney https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsX..._comment_id=z13zgnwpev22w5cso23rxvfokobfgza2u. About time and how fast I can go. I have a kid, **** health and I am supposed to be in bed with both of my legs elevated all the time but I cant do that to myself. I want one more Watch Dogs play through as close as it can be to E3, I can only go so fast though =)

BOSS LOL, he really has me wondering now. What would my other flares look like with his lib from that flare he posted. Might also be cool.

20. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Take your time, it's already good as it is.

I think we're getting close. Actually I can't think of anything else that can be added effects wise which was present in the E3 presentation.

I'm messing around with mods too much that I couldn't finish the game either, but I'm with SoloCreep on that one, I want to play the game as close as possible to the E3 demo. Once I'm satisfied with the results, which I believe I will be very soon, I'll be playing the game full force and close the book. Maybe make another story run after a while.