1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my top overclock has to be wrong on hd 5770!!!!

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by jfarrar, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jfarrar

jfarrar New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 480
    hello i am new to this forum so if this has already been asked or somebody has this problem and has sorted please help as i am smashing my head on my table at this.:bang:

right my top overclock for my ati sapphire hd 5770 v2(the one with the egg fan cooler
    is core 1050mhz
    and memory is 1370
    not bad i hear you say so what is the problem:3eyes:
    well not bad on air as i have seen people go up to over 1400 on mem clock
    and higher still on core
    and here is the other factor that makes me peeved
    i have it watercooled
    temps never hit more than 65c while benchmarking but when i go more than 1050mhz core and 1370 mem it artifacts badly and crashes my system
    have up the voltage to the max it can 1,3.5 volts and it still crashes
    i have gone up in steps to see which voltage is the best but it dont make a diffrence
    am overclocking with msi afterburner 1.5.1 i tried the new beta 1.6 but that would just crash my card no matter what setting even lower that what ccc can do!!
    all i want to know is that is it me doing it wrong or is that just the max my card can get even with watercooling as i heard it just that some cards can overclock better than others even if they are the same make and model

please pleas help otherwise its back to
    :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Voltage doesnt effect the memory its completely random

also

memory makes nearly no difference to the performance when overclocking

i don't see how a egg cooler even has voltage control in the first place tbh.

3. mkchiu

mkchiu Member

GPU:
    Are you approaching the load limits of the power controller(s)?

4. jfarrar

jfarrar New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 480
    right back on to the pc as my power supply decided to explode the other day so now have a 750 watt cic power supply or cit (dam logo is confusing)
    this one has its own cable for the graphics card power so it must be more compatible
    have tried to do more overclocking and even at full voltage the max is 1050 on core and 1370 on mem
    can it be possable for my cpu to be bottlenecking the overclock
    i have a amd 9500 x4 2.2 ghz which i heard had a problem witht the stepping or something i used the tlb patch before i upgraded and now with my new motherboard it has it in the bios and its enabled

if anybody else has the hd 5770 could you post your overclocks or send me the link to them would really like to know what other people have achived with this card

5. mkchiu

mkchiu Member

GPU:
  6. Redwoodz

Redwoodz New Member

GPU:
    MSI R5670 1Gb
    Back the memory down to 1200 and see how high you can push the core.

7. magicdave26

magicdave26 Banned

GPU:
    S-HD 5770 1GB 1000 / 1400
    I have mine set to 1000/1400 stable

But I flashed my Sapphire 5770 with the Unlocked ASUS BIOS to unlock the vcore and clocks

Using MSI Afterburner 1.5.0

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  8. Redwoodz

Redwoodz New Member

GPU:
    MSI R5670 1Gb
    Also check your cooling.Make sure your VRM's aren't too hot.

9. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    I agree with this, back down the memory and check whats the top of your core, then you can clock up memories, you must remember that each brand uses diferent Brands of Memories, soo they can sometimes be better overclockers or not.

10. willemc700

willemc700 New Member

GPU:
    MSI HD5770 OC seaweed
    Here is my max OC with all data, settings and vantage score thrown in to it (dont look at total score, it is too low because of the c2d processor, gpu score is the one you have 2 look at)
    http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/Willem_c70/bestvantage.jpg

Not 2 bad I think.

It wasn't stable and I couldn't control the temp @ these settings.
    For 24/7 setting I have 1.2V gpu@1000MHz, mem @ 1385 Mhz. Max temp with fur mark:81 C (still pretty warm but ...... It will do)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010