My Thermaltake Tsunami "Dream" Case

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by MrOuija, Oct 12, 2004.

1. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    Hey guys and gals! So after more then a month of waiting and being annoyed with my terrible ugly previous case IT finally arrived last week! What is it? It’s the new Thermaltake Tsunami ‘Dream’ Case!
    A couple of weeks ago I said I’d do a full review of the case so I thought of making a whole picture gallery of installing it, etc, etc. But when I got it out of the box I was like: “hell I must see this case in full effect ASAP!” + I did not really have the time for that, or for finding a nice place for the case and tidying up my room. Sorry for that!
    Anyway without anymore talking let’s take a good look at the outside:
    [​IMG]
    Side panel with a 90 mm intake fan. It draws attention right away, it's even better then a tropical aquarium:p. The case lacks a removable mobo tray but it makes up with the removable drive bays you see on the right, they both come loose with one click very simple. I don't really mind the lack of a removable tray the last case i had did had one but i couldn't get it out without removing my cooler and i couldn't get that out without removing the psu..so well i don't miss it. With this one i can g et the cooler out just fine though.
    [​IMG]
    Rear( the back panel that came with the Tsunami didn’t fit my mobo but luckily all those back panels are the same size so i took the one out of my old case.
    [​IMG]
    Besides the window, one of the first things to draw attention is the incredible mirror coating, I couldn’t believe it when I saw it in the reviews but check it out, i put an old montana spray can up there and took a picture without flash:
    [​IMG]
    looks nice huh?
    Front of the case with both doors open. A 120mm fan in the intake and in the inside of the door u'll see the dustfilter i'm really fond of..wish they included that with the side intake too though.
    [​IMG]
    On top they smoothly hided 1 firewire, 2 usb connectors and a mic and headphone jack, very nice and very handy, no troubles putting your mic in @ the back, allways a place for your mp3stick;)
    [​IMG]

to be continued in a minut;)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  2. shades3k

shades3k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    Nice setup Arden =)

3. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7800GTX 512mb
    Hahaha serious respect dude, looking very good, far better then your previous case......wow :cool:

4. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    hi there
    I,ve the same case as you,the best i,ve owned so far ,what i did tho was buy that thermaltake Xcontroller that slots into one of the 5.25 drive bays,it lets you hookup 4 fans,it has 4 dials for adjusting the fan speed as i found it a little loud the way it was,now i can hardly here them,and it still keeps everything nice and cool,as the case has only 3 fans there was one dial left over for my thermaltake venus12 k8 cpu cooler so can adjust that fan as well

5. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    Powered on..this kind of things makes u be ashamed of beige stuff..thank god for the door( note u can see me take the picture
    [​IMG]
    Front of the case cloosed, the front door is from really thick aliminium, it has a great feel to it and the LED's in it are awsome, they're very bright
    [​IMG]
    Very very bright...
    [​IMG]

I sleeved the PSU with an UV reactive AC Ryan sleeve set, put in round IDE cables, UV reactive and behind that a cctf for all the effect!
    [​IMG]
    The Jet 7 cooler really gives a nice touch to it all, the red and white blinking leds make for a spacey light..too bad it cools like a piece of crap, which brings me to the cooling of this case, one 120mm intake, a 90mm intake on the side and a 120mm with blue LED's for the outtake which gives my case a temperature of 20 degrees at the moment, the CPU is on stock and idles @ 30 degrees steady, and that with the cooler on the lowest stance, 1900 rpm. That would be unthinkable in my old case!
    [​IMG]
    I'm sorry to be a show-off and i know that some people think this case is but ugly but i really fell in love with it:D it was even worth the waiting of more then a month ( ! ). The only things i don't like about the case is that it isn't as solid as my old one, luckely it is a lot lighter though( 'bout 6kg empty ). The other strange thing is the lack of a case speaker..what's that all about? i mean it's not the end of the world or a big trouble to put one in..but why sell a case without a casespeaker, does this case make my computer run well forever? Ah well that's a minor detail really..If you like the style it's the most beautifull case with an awsome airflow!

Arden

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  6. MiNI

MiNI Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 unlock 950/1400
    nice case bro :p

7. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    Nice case!

8. panZEr gt

panZEr gt Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800gt 433/1200 @ 1.4v AC-nv5 modded
    I like the cathode on the back panel next to the mobo... I should have put mine there when I had my machine ripped apart a week ago@!! ARGH!!

9. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Wow, nice

10. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7800GTX 512mb
    We want more pics!!!! :p

11. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783
    Nice Arden.. good luck man.. shines better than my car..hehe

12. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 6800 / AIW Radeon 9700 Pro
    Wow I <3 that case so much.

13. MatrixDk

MatrixDk Member Guru

GPU:
    Aopen 6800GT 420/1.13
  14. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 6800 / AIW Radeon 9700 Pro
    TT looks better imo :)

15. Elemental HQ

Elemental HQ Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Nvidia BFG 6600GT OC 570/1.14 PCI-Express SLI
    i am going to be ording the case but in silver in about a few days or so...i am going to be putting the Thermalake Bigwater liquid cooling system in there though...made for this case...i can't wait!

nice case dude i am sooo jealous lol

http://www.xoxide.com/tt-bigwater-kit.html

16. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce 6800GT, OCed
    Yes indeed, that is one sweet case.

Almost as good as a Skull Series Xaser III !!!

J/K! Have fun!

~FastVFR

17. If you put a front panel of say an Audigy 2, will the door close? /with my Xaser II A500A case it doesn't close

18. DANO80

DANO80 Guest

yes they are very nice cases i have the same one and also a silver one the filters on the fans are nice i have to clean them alot damn dusty old house

19. Elemental HQ

Elemental HQ Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Nvidia BFG 6600GT OC 570/1.14 PCI-Express SLI
    hey is the fan on the side a 92mm or a 90mm

20. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    I just picked up one of those yesterday. I don't have time to transplant at the moment, but am looking forward to it. The case is very expensive; but, I love those HUGE fans!:D