my stupidity

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Captain Oats, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Captain Oats

Captain Oats Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    I bought brand new asus transformer t100 3 weeks ago and saw a little defect with screen backlight. Tried to fix it today I cracked the digitizer. My f***** luck.:stewpid::bang:

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    edit, was thinking of the tf100.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  4. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    Crap. Well, it happens to everyone at least once in their life :)

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Not yet for me *knocks on wood*

6. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    The wood cracks...

7. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Funny story, about 2 years ago there was a article on the frontpage here and people were saying how their ssd's died in 7-9 months and I posted "Luckily mine hasn't died yet, been going for a year and some months strong".

Next day my pc wouldn't boot and the ssd was dead.

8. Captain Oats

Captain Oats Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    I dont think buying new digitizer is worth it considering I have to disassemble it again and probably will break something else.Well I have a laptop for work and t100 was bought for fun/entertainment so I guess i'll live with the crack:/ touchscreen disabled still works for playing music/ checking email. Just to say that overall quality of this machine is so crap - thin plastic that literally melts under fingers when it heats a little. Some people reported the screen to crack by itself after couple weeks due to poor mount in tablets case. The whole screen defect I tried to investigate looked like screen melted and bent back after heating by using some cpu intensive apps. Well guess i helped it a little, but to me it is totally unacceptable. And I haven't found anything about this in reviews, just some reports of being all plastic, but not so poor quality, so if anyone considers buying one I strongly recommend not to, unless you intend it to stand it on a desk and treat super careful.