My Strange High Perf GeForce 210

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by QuadCannons, Dec 30, 2010.

1. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    Just wondering if anyone has run into this specific card...

I bought a PNY GeForce 210 from Staples a while back and recently tried to tweak it but found some weird things:

1. Rivatuner can't identify it. I'm using Windows 7 and 260.99 drivers
    2. GPU-Z identifies the GPU as "0A23", says it has 24 shaders and 128-bit mem bus width (nVidia Control Panel System Information says the exact same thing)
    3. EVGA Precision says it's a GT216 GPU

I'm able to play Starcraft 2 with everything set to Med (without any OC'ing) while a Google search turned up a guy who said with his GF210 he had to play everything on Low.

Normal GF210s are supposed to have 16 Shaders, 64 bit mem bus and GT218 core, correct? They're also clocked at 589/1402/1000 while mine is clocked at 475/1100/800. I've managed to OC it to 600/1505/880 (EVGA Precision and nVidia Control Panel won't let me do more than that on mem and Rivatuner doesn't work.

My only question is, I have a GeForce 9100 IGP. Is my comp doing Hybrid SLI/GeForce Boost? Or did I just get a weird card?

2. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Just another example of manufacturers not following the reference design that is all. That or the wrong model was placed in an incorrect shipping box?

3. mad4

mad4 Member

GPU:
    Dedicated
    Could be an oem card,or the card you compare with is.Nvidia has quite big differences between ratail and oem cards on some series.
    Did you update gpuz ?

4. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    I guess I got lucky with a non-reference design then. I thought it was combining my GF9100 IGP with the GF210 and giving me the total shader count and mem bus width, haha.

It's a full retail card and not OEM. I bought it new in box from Staples. All programs are identifying it as a GeForce 210 so it shouldn't be the case of wrong product. From the specs it looks like they just crippled a GeForce GT220 and relabeled it as a GF210. If this is common practice then I'm not too worried.

My GPUZ is the latest version 0.5.0
    In fact, if you Google "0A23" the first result you'll get is the GPU-Z validation and mine is the fastest clocked one :D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010

5. Imglidinhere

Imglidinhere Master Guru

GPU:
    8GB GTX 1070
    Lucky... you got an Engineering Sample... >_> not cool... *is jealous...*

O.O 16 Raster Operators on that thing!? Holy crap! You have a faster pixel fill rate than a 9800GT! XD