1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PC not showing ipod as drive when connected to USB

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by Pigchild, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 660 Ti 2Gb X2 SLI
    My girlfriend wanted me to put about 60 MP3 file songs on her ipod. (I think it's a somewhat older ipod mini because it's rather small and takes the old style blade jack.)

Anyway, when the ipod is turned on and I plug it in to USB my PC it doesn't pick up anything of it being connected as it would a thumb drive or any other device. I have searched in devices also and it's just not there. I did download iTunes (which I hate) and moved the files to the iTunes library, but this stupid ipod will not show up on my PC no matter what I try. I have Win 7 64 bit. Can anyone give me some ideas to try??? PLEASE.

2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC
    Same on rear USB ports as front?

3. 321Boom

321Boom Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 Ti
    Did you try soft-resetting the iPod, then connecting it to the USB? It only takes a few seconds and might be worth a shot, it really helps when my iPod freezes up on me. On my model (4th gen with the clickwheel) it's holding down the Menu and center button for around 8 seconds, and the Apple logo will show up. I've never lost any data that's on it after a soft-reset either. Check here for methods of resetting different types of iPods, I don't know exactly which model you have: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...-to-restart-frozen-begin-troubleshooting.html

Best of luck.

4. uKER

uKER Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I have never owned an iPod in my life and I'd rather be dead than doing so, but since when do iPods allow their use as a mass storage device?
    From what I gather, iPods have historically been closed devices, whose contents are only accessible via the iTunes app.

5. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 660 Ti 2Gb X2 SLI
    DUDE! YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!! I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TO TRY THAT AND IT WORKED!!! WOOT! THANKS!!!!

6. 321Boom

321Boom Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 Ti
    Really glad my suggestion helped :) Enjoy ;)

DAW40 likes this.
  7. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    FYI: I have a 5th Gen iPod that I run Rockbox on, and it works great, supports more file formats, and no need for iTunes. Also supports ReplayGain.

8. DAW40

DAW40 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB

You didn't give him a "like" wtf lol