My New Rig, WOOT! :D

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by JPennStar, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntfx

ntfx Guest

So you paid all that dough to be stuck playing in DX9 in the future?
    Honestly, even games like fear use over the buffer at times.

What im saying is, if a game like doom 3 uses more than it from 2 year or so ago, then think whats on the horizon. A Gtx would have lasted you a lot longer.

When our 320mb cards are jerking in games like a rap artists hand while a gtx user will be coping alright, thats what im saying, is all.

2. ntfx

ntfx Guest

Can't see that.

3. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Then go buy some eyes :ying:

4. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    DX9 is still going to be fine for awhile here. DX10 is dependent on Vista which I don't care for right now. I haven't even seen a game in DX10 yet, not even previews or teasers.

The point really is subjective here, because the amount of detail the cards will provide over the next few years will be plenty! That's the point. My god, these aren't mid-range cards and never had mid-high cards, like mine, held back a game from looking good and being playable.

While we gurus like to think its about the game, its really all run by money. Game manufacturers are going to be making games that will run even fine on mid-range cards like the 7950GT and 7600GT.

It really doesn't do any good to speculate on what Crysis will demand. I just looking at the patterns before hand...

5. ntfx

ntfx Guest

my eyes are fine, wheres the sources that say this? Throwing out a random speculation isn't much good.

6. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    I do hope your enjoy your rig but a 8800gtx would be a much better solution.

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Nice rig you got there , enjoy it bro , now go play some games and watch those fps fly on that rig. Congratulations.

8. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    Congrats on the new rig m8. Hope you are satisfied with it.

Damn i keep wondering how are you able to keep that 74GB hard drive not filled up. Currently i have about 4GB space on my 2nd Drive and 15GB space on my Windows Drive......hmm i smell a new HD coming soon. ;)

9. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    Bf2 is not a real game. Its a Piece of **** cleverly disguised as a game. Its a piece of **** to mod, its a piece of **** to play, it runs like a piece of ****. It is a piece of ****

On topic; nice system man. I have the 97 version (in black) of your zalman fan. I have my cpu running at 3.5ghz at 1.4 volts and under load it hits about 50c. You should be able to hit these clocks on your system as well :)

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yes but that sh!t game plays better on sli320's then one gtx at 16x12 and was ontopic

11. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    Oh yeah, its nice to be able to play at 1280X960 on my 19'' with 8xq AA and 16AF with everything on high!

I keep all my extra stuff on a second computer. With all my games installed right now I'm only using half the space.

The CPU is an odd overclocker. I have it at 1.4v and it wont stably go past 3.15Ghz but its temps are just fine at no more than 40C. I aint pushing it any harder right now, its fast enough, sheesh! Seems when the chips first came out they were better overclockers. Nevertheless, a 750mhz overclock is good.

12. dB

dB Ancient Guru

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    Very nice jpennstar. Makes me a little jelous :p. I kinda feel sorry for your x-fi, I hope those 8800s dont melt it:p.

13. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
  14. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    Just curious, I've heard about it around, but why doesn't SLI combine the memory? Wouldn't that make more sense?

15. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Nice PC m8. Enjoy it :)

16. dB

dB Ancient Guru

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    I thought that SLi did combine the memory...

17. keldererik

keldererik Active Member

GPU:
    2x 3870X2 1GB Crossfire X
    It doesn't because both cards load the textures and stuff. I think it should be possible that they share textures. But how do you get the textures from card A in card B, and back in card A to output the frames. That would take alot of time I think. I'm not sure how SLI really works other than the different modes.

Nice looking system btw :infinity:

18. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    thanks fellas, yeah there'd have to be another connector or use of the PCI bus which has a lot of bandwidth. *shruggs*.

I'm enjoying it for sure right now. :D

19. pantsmachine

pantsmachine Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 260gtx
    At the rez you are playing at you should not have any graphics memory problems. I am sure it will be fast enough for a good while. FYI 10,600 3d 06 points on my rig if you arer looking for a rough comparison. Nice rig.

20. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    I should redo my score now since I got my CPU to overclock to 3.4Ghz.

I did some more reading about the core. The temp threshold is 60C and the stock voltage is 1.35 which would explain why I couldn't get past 3.15 on 1.4v, now I'm at 1.45v and the mobo at 1.4.

Yeah I had a very similar score with my previous 640MB, nice overclock on that. ; ) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.