My new RAID-0 results

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Agizor, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    I suppose this isn't very in depth, but I gut picked up a second Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS and have a benchmark of the before and after results. Just posting for those looking at getting a new PC, etc. For the price I'm pretty happy with these drives.

Using the onboard Intel raid controller on the Asus Rampage Forumla mobo.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

:D

2. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    Thx for sharing! That was an apreciated effort from my part. ;)

Even if in theory and in your graph/numbers the situation looks pretty good and improved, I am not sure that in applications the performance will be very much different. :)

I admit I am not an expert in hard-disk drives, but, basicly, when we're talking about games and HDDs, what it seems to matter the most is the access time. Not sure about benefits to other types of applications, except the ones that use alot of HDD space (compression/decompression etc.).

3. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    This may be so. I just know that in Vista 64, updates install and configure what seems to be muuuuuuch faster. As far as games go, I'm not sure yet. I haven't had much time yet to really see... but overall, it's a ~$88 upgrade that was worth it, IMO.

Edit*

Interesting, with "Cache Write back" enabled, I get

[​IMG]

I've heard this was for other raids though, so I should look into it more before running it 24/7.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008