My Hybrid Driver (01-24-2012)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by illprem, Jan 24, 2012.

1. illprem

illprem Guest

GPU:
    I decided to put together my own "hybrid" driver based on some of the newer releases and CAPs. It doesn't include any of the extra laptop stuff that is in marthand's drivers. So far with it my BF3 performance is great, but note I tested it in the very early morning (3 o'clock in the morning) and I have noticed that my performance is usually very good in the early morning when EA's network is not overloaded but it is crappy for the rest of the day even if I get 30 ping to the server.

I am gonna test the driver during a very busy time of the day to see if the performance still holds. It seems like BF3 is the only game where my FPS smoothness depends on time of day / network load even though my connection is 50mbit and gets good pings and no packetloss basically everywhere in my country at any time of day.

Anyway, if you want to try the driver: Download Here and see if it performs well for you. Note: there is no 7XXX series support in it, unfortunately

2. smoney

smoney Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 390
    Thanks these work nicely. comming from the 12.1 preview and 11.12 cap 2, I see 5-10 fps gain.

3. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I'm using them since the day you posted the link, and I didn't have any problem whatsoever.
    Thank you.

4. syncore

syncore Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    These are actually pretty good.. Seems to be based on 12.2 if I'm correct?

5. illprem

illprem Guest

GPU:
    based on 12.1a

6. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    Show capture CCC please!!.

Thanks!

7. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
  8. far-cough

far-cough Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7990 6GB
    ok so i was useing these and must say nice and smooth m8 .)
    but when i jump out of game my clocks are still on full and useage is still 100% on my second card when out of game ????

anyone else get this??

other than that nice job

so im trying the 12.2 one now

ps is the direct 3d driver version the one that make bf3 smooth?? in this build?

if so can i use it in 12.2 build??

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012