1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My hand is itching

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by IchimA, Mar 11, 2019.

1. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    So ... maybe I will buy a monitor later this year , maybe not ... For now I am locking at these :

BenQ EX3203R and GIGABYTE Gaming AD27QD 27

My tow cents on each :
    BenQ I think it two big for me ... 32 " ! ? I play on my desk ( no sofa gaming / no console gaming ) Only PC gaming . FPS ( R6Siege , CS ) ... and casual . I like that it has HDR ( as far as I read it's not a perfect implementation but ... ) problem ... it's a VA panel with a 4ms response time.
    Does anyone own a 32 inch panel on a desk ?

The GIGABYTE Gaming AD27QD 27 ... let's just say ... it's Gigabyte first monitor ... Don't really trust them but what the heck ... Thing is this is IPS with a 1ms response time but with only a 27" diagonal and with no HDR , but from youtube videos it looks good and the image quality it's ok . Also the OSD looks perfect .

What I want from a monitor ... 2560 x 1440 resolution with a good panel and image quality . I don't do photoshop so perfect color reproduction is not a valid point :D , and I won't go for 3840 x 2160 resolution as I think for that you need SLI to game on it , so no 4K for me . .
    What should I chose ? VA or IPS , HDR or not .... either way ... this is theoretical ... if I won't buy something .

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I have a 34" ultra-wide on a desk. It's really not as big as you think it is unless your sitting with your nose up against the screen

3. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    @nhlkoho ... Ya but I think cuz it's ultra wide ! So that will be 2000*1800 or 3000*1800 ... God ... itchy itchy ... P.s. I will go as far as 700 - 800 euro If you can name a better monitor. Not that crazy 3000 euro monitor from ASUS :D

4. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 ti Strix
    Did you watch Hardware Unboxed's review of the Gigabyte monitor? It has some shortcomings you should be aware of:

I'm also looking around for a monitor. But 27" IPS 144+Hz with Adaptive Sync is really limited in options and mostly old panels. The only monitor of those specs coming out in 2019 that I know of is the LG 27GL850G-B, but some say it won't be out until q3-q4.

6. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    Thanks , I have seen the video with Gigabyte Auros ... it's a nice monitor but I just can't decide over the two . Since I am not a competitive gamer I think I can go with VA with no problem !
    My main concern is that 32" is to big for my desktop and then I will need a better video card ( 1070 TI > or better ) for that resolution ... so over 1200 euro for both . ALSO I have send an e-mail to Benq to ask them if they will make a Gsync compatible monitor. over 27' and over 1920*1080.

7. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    Also , right now I have searched for each model : " problem / forum / discussions " some experience bleeding and gosting with the Benq ( VA problem ) .... and lag input. As the gigabyte over brightness ... also all review sites name them as to expensive.

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    I think 32" for 1080p non-ultrawide is too big, pixel size would be noticeable. VA panels aren't subpar, so that shouldn't be an issue. Too bad you are against 4K panel, tho I would wait for ones with 100Hz or better refresh. Not having to futz with any AA is a beautiful thing.

9. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    Probably ! But the 32" and 27 are both 2560*1440 not 1080. I don't want 4k as it's pointless for a monitor ( no difference in clarity what's so ever ) ... you just get more desktop usage ... and If you really want to game on a 4K you really need to prepare a lot of cash which I am not as I could use them somewhere else .

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Depends on what games you play. Happy with my 4K + GTX1070M + GSync Compat.