My GoW disc has a crack in it

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by UnclePappi, Feb 3, 2007.

1. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    The game I most play and payed $60 for is gone, and my 3yr old son is the one to blame. If he wasn't so innocent looking I might spank the life out of him. I think god gave him those looks just to disable my anger on purpose. Anyways, anybody got a extra copy they don't play anymore? Or do you think they(ms or epic) might send me another copy?

Maybe this goes in the trade forum? Idk.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Probably should go in the trade forum.

Bad luck on the disc by the way.

But, I think 360 games are ridiculously priced though, anything above £30 is just, a rip off.

3. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    did you actually catch your son cracking it. cuz ive heard that 360's can sometimes rarely crack games in the drive

4. the_mad_medic

the_mad_medic Guest

GPU:
    cirrus logic isa, 512kb
    Force him to pay for a new disc.
    If he cannot afford too then send him to a pot noodle mine in whales for three years until he is able to afford the replacement. :vader:

Failing the above. Have you tried contacting the guys who distribute GoW and ask if you can buy a replacement disc?

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Now you could argue that you purchased a license to the game, not the game itself. therefore they should send you a new cd for cost+shipping.
    Thats what i'd argue. Read the EULA, one of the keys to EULAs is that you buy a license and not the game.

6. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    My 360 ate mine. It was my first game, I bought it with my 360. I learned the hard way not to tilt your 360 or move it while a game is in it running. I had a nice perfect circle midways in the dvd where the 360 ate it. I took it back to the store I bought it from and told them the 360 ate it and they said bring it back and we will swap it out. I took it back and they never even looked at it they just gave me another copy. May want to try taking it back. All they can say is no. I would just say i got halfway through he game and it stopped working.

7. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    My girlfriend did. She shut the 360 off while my son was playing halo 2, so he got mad and said he was going to break GoW(3yr olds are expert extortionists). Why on earth he picked GoW Idk, but he bent it and there is the ever smallest crack right near the center hole. You can't even see it really. I bought the game the day after it came out so it may be too late to take it to the store for a replacement. I guess I'll try Epic games to see if they will send me a new copy. Just gotta find the receipt. :eek3:

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    My god.little kids :D. both funny and dangerous 0_o..but mostly funny :D. This story is ofcourse..a bit ..sad lets say but mostly funny :D. i wonder how was his face while he was doing that :D.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Wait, does it still work?

10. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Even if it did work. The 360's dvd rom is insainley fast. Sounds like a friggin tornado when running. If he put the dvd in that thing it would implode inside the 360. Then he'd have a bigger mess on his hands. I know there are ways to flash the firmware on the dvd rom to run burnt games( IE you could try backing it up if you had a dvd burner) However that makes xbox live unuseable as they ban your account for doing it.

11. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    Many companies will replace the disk, you send the broken one in, they send you a new one, but often it cost about 10$

You can also try taking it back to the store you bought it from. They may replace it. Though they wont refund it.

You can argue it was a low quality disk and you demand a replacement for the low build quality of the product.

12. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Perhaps next time its wise to say it's best to put some things at more than an arms length to prevent kids from destroying them...

Only yourself to blame...

13. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    That's the main reason I haven't flashed it. I play on live all the time. Maybe I'll buy a second 360 when they release the 65nm cpu/hdmi version. :)

14. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Well, actually it's the girlfriends fault but you make a valid point.... But he's 3 yrs old and can almost beat halo2 on easy difficulty lol I might have the next Fatal1ty on my hands.

15. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    you can fix the crack near the disc hole with some glue (those that dry in seconds)?

The Gears of War disc isn't in the dvd-box?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well, talking of cracked discs and them flying apart inside drives.

The CD containing drivers for my Zboard is totally cracked somehow, a big split form the middle to the edge, it's not seperated though and strangely, it still works perfectly.

17. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    certain computer game shops in the u.k (aint sure about u.s or other countires) have tools that can fix disks for you and it doesnt cost that much

18. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    The crack extends all the way past the silver part that contains the start up info. The game just tries to load for like 20 minutes. I'm not sure anybody can put the start up info layer back together.