My Gainward RMA Experience

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Mr.Fluff, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Mr.Fluff

Mr.Fluff Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GTX PCI-E
    Hey Dudes and Dudets,

Well about, oh, a month ago my 9 month old FX 5900 Ultra Golden sample Crapped out on me. To make things worse I had no Video Card to use in the mean time while I sent the FX out for RMA!!

Anyway, heres the story, I call them up and get my RMA number. Head on over to the UPS store and slap down $17 bucks for shipping. Well I wait just over 1 1/2 weeks. Which is quite good considering the Average is 2-3weeks. SO, I rip open the box and find that it is the new version with the two red led fans (My original 5900 had the crappy reference cooler on it)! So to my delight I pop it in my computer, AND!!! Drum Roll, The Freaken card was bad!! Giving me 30-40 Vertical lines on the POST screen on boot-up. Talk about Upset. So, I called them, again? Get my new RMA # again:rolleyes:. and pay for shipping Again.

Well, about a week later I call them to Check on My RMA. They Told me that my replacement shipped out Today..YAY! But the point of the story is, They said that they are sending me a Geforce FX 5950 as a replacement, thats awsome of Gainward to do that. He mentioned that They didnt have any more FX 5900's so they have to send me a 5950...Just hope this one works...

Just my little experience that I thought I would Share, So far I would say Gainward is a very Respectable company!!:D

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
  2. FlashUK

FlashUK Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT
    Good stuff man :). Ive always respected gainward for the quality of their cards, but good tech support and communication is the key to a good business.