Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GAMES I AM GOING TO BE WORKING ON - UPDATED - (8/20/19):

Here are the List of some Games I am interested in and going to be working on them very shortly:

Yakuza Kiwami 0
    Yakuza Kimawi 2
    Bright Memory
    Remnant: From the Ashes
    Vanquish(With SGSSAA)
    Lost Planet 2(With SGSSAA)
    Lost Planet 3
    The Surge
    Darksiders 3

And many more games in the future, Going to be very busy within this project.

Going to be working on Remnant: From the Ashes and Yakuza Kiwami 2 like very very soon so stand by for future results, check back frequently.

Wish this thread could be a sticky, would be nice.

Thanks for viewing my thread.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    SpajdrEX and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON BRIGHT MEMORY-WAY SLI CONFIGURATION - (8/20/19):

Just tried this game just recently, tried one gpu mode then tried 4.

Since this is an ue4 game, I tried some stuff the same way as hellblade, mainly in the nvidia inspector.

The scaling is an Absolute beast but some graphic anomalies, to fix majority of this, CTRL+ALT+DEL, most of it is basically now gone but some image imprint is left(Overlay) but not that bad, similar to HellBlade.

Like I said before, I just got into the game and wanted to see how it runs, now the games needs a bit tuning but I can tell you all right now, the scaling is an F'in Animal and the game hits hard on Overall scaling usage, holy moly, basically 99% on all gpu's, but that don't mean a thing in Sli Mode. Always check one gpu mode, Monitor/Closely observe the Fps, then go into sli mode, then Closely Monitor the fps again to make sure your scaling is actually kicking in, NEVER go by that usage, that's where alot of people look at, dismiss it, Always do 1 then do sli mode, this assures and making completely sure that you are getting the added performance.

Hell at times while messing with nvidia inspector with a particular game, I can get 1 gpu performance while all gpu's are at 99%, lol, so never go by it.

Check back for more results later.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    SpajdrEX likes this.
  3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON BRIGHT MEMORY / 4-WAY SLI CONFIGURATION - (8/20/19):

Ok some updates here:

On the Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x) bits:

0x000000<~~~ this one will trigger 4-way sli, only a few digits will work however remember on last post about the graphic problems and to resolve it by CTRL+ALT+DEL, that was just one time.

Very high chance you can not get rid of the major graphic anomalies.

I also tried to activate sli only through SLI Compatibility bits (DX10+DX10) without the Sli Specific Hack bits and its a no go.

Next, I tried doing the same method as hellblade to get rid of the major graphical anomalies by going into the windowsnfolder and did some changes there, such as shutting down post processing,etc. and its a no go..

Although scaling is a beast, but still working on the graphical issues.

There might be a slight chance that CTRL+ALT+DEL will work but it seems 90%+ of the time it will not correct the issue.

I also tried lowering all my graphic settings to the absolute lowest, and below native resolution, same thing.

Going to work on this game more, check back for more future updates, thanks.

UPDATE:

Just to keep everyone aware about this game, this game is an early access, it has LONG ways to go before it is completed so keep this in mind please.

Testing is being done on this game for experimental only.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON BRIGHT MEMORY/ 4-WAY SLI CONFIGURATION - (8/21/19):

Got some good news for the most part.

I figured out how to get rid of the massive flashing/flickering while playing the game but there is certain way you must do it otherwise it will not work properly...

First of all, try starting the game in windows-mode or borderless mode, doesn't matter, If it goes to fullscreen right off the back, just wait until you see a flicker, this means its shifting into fullscreen, right after that, you want to hit ALT+ENTER, this will bring you back go borderless/windows-mode. Then continue your saved game, now you will see a video playback in the background for a bit, after it stops and you see that rotating thingy on the bottom right, Click ALT+ENTER, vast majority of the flashing/flickering is completely gone.

Then moment your in the game, game might be in windows mode, switch to your desired resolution, then set your screen to fullscreen, should be all set.

You can't just get into the game with fullscreen right off the back and hit ALT+ENTER, because Roughly almost 100% Chance that you will not get everything properly shown on screen, instead basically everything is pretty much greyed out in color, in other words, good luck trying.

Once successful, You might see flashing in the backround, to fix this, turn on the volumetric lights then shut it off, this will fix the issue. The flashing issue is not 100% of the time.

Failure to do this method properly, your fps will be LOCKED at 62 fps, doesn't matter, If fps shows 62, then your messing with windows/full screen mode, doesn't matter, fullscreen will be LOCKED 62 fps, so make sure this method is done properly. Even if you force Vsync off and have the frame limit in the WindowsNoFolder set to 0.0000, doesn't matter, I already confirmed it on my end.

You can shift to borderless or windows mode while the start up loading is finished but its best to do it before the initial start up graphic is shown.

I figured this out on my own, took some time but well worth the effort.

Also in the WindowsNoFolder, certain things needs to be changed:

Under: [ScalabilityGroups], Make sure these are changed to:

sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000
    sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
    sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
    sg.ShadowQuality=3
    sg.PostProcessQuality=3
    sg.TextureQuality=0
    sg.EffectsQuality=0
    sg.FoliageQuality=0

From very close observation, any minute changes to TextureQuality and EffectsQuality = Major stuttering, do NOT change it, leave it at 0. Also, Closer Examination on FoliageQuality, you can increase it to 1 but I leave it to 0, better overall scaling usage and doesn't act up as much.

These Settings within the WindowsNoFolder will override the actual in-game settings, so make sure you don't change any settings within the game itself, thanks.

I checked one gpu then to 4.

In certain instances, scaling is perfect or greater, some EH(Working on the issue).

Some stuttering here and there, working on resolving the issue.

I can not stress this enough, this is an Very Early Access to this game, this game from what I understand, will NOT be released until towards end of next year, so things can drastically change from now till then, So I wouldn't be surprised if the 4-way will NOT work then so anything can change during the development time, so 4-way in the future, may or may not work at all, so keep this in mind.

This game is still: WORK IN PROGRESS.

Still Fine tuning the bits, smoothing out the stuttering issue and helping with the Overall Scaling Consistency.

Speaking of which, Within the Sli Compatibiity (DX10+DX11) Bits:

A Particular hex:

0x00000<~~~~ This one will trigger 4-Way Sli, I have it set to 1

&

Under Sli Specific Hack (DX1x) Bits:

I have it under: 0x00000100 FORCE_REPORT_NO_SLI_SUPPORT_FROM_NVAPI - If applition has buggy its own SLI support we need to do SLI magic in the driver and force app think it's run on single GPU.

It can also set to 0x00000300 and it will still work.

Both of these MUST be set, otherwise 4-way or sli for that matter will NOT WORK period.

So far looking decent overall.

And finally, just to let everyone be aware:

GPU DRIVER USING CURRENTLY FOR THIS GAME:

Modified Quadro Drivers 431.70

OS USED:

Win 10 x64 (Version 1703/15063.1988-RS2(RTM).

Also working on Remnant: From the Ashes, so be sure to check back often for more updates, thank you for viewing this thread.

fantaskarsef and SpajdrEX like this.

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    REMNANT: FROM THE ASHES - 4-WAY SLI - (8-21-19):

Ok first of all, this game will NOT run in fullscreen higher then your native resolution(HELLBLADE had this issue shortly after it was released, then they added DSR support for above native resolution, this game just came out so it may be implemented in the future).

I tried custom resolution and dsr, it only sets at native resolution however I checked performance on windows-fullscreen mode and fullscreen mode performance on 1600p res, and came up basically same exact performance, so therefore I used windows-fullscreen mode for 2160p or 2400p, I have no choice.

Just tried the game recently, spent some time on 4-way as well.

There is Massive flashing/texture disappearing issues...

I have found how to resolve the issue but in-turn, quite a bit of texture themselves are disappeared or see through like.

The hex that stops all of the massive flashing/flickering is this bits:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

This particular hex

0x00000<~~~~ Must set to 2, but doing so also significantly reduces overall scaling power, so trying to find another way.

As a reminder, past games like Ghost Recon Wildlands,Battletech and Black Mirror IV(REBOOT)to name a few, this particular hex, stops all massive amounts of flashing/flickering, so I can confirm total of 4 games that this particular hex within these bits, Plays Extremely important role on eliminating all of the Massive Flickering/Flashing on screen, so just heads up to everyone, If your doing an sli project and doing some fine tuning, you might want to look at this particular hex and fine tune it carefully, thanks.

Also this being an ue4 based game, same as Bright Mirror, I quickly changed the Sli Specific Hack Bits to

0x00000100 FORCE_REPORT_NO_SLI_SUPPORT_FROM_NVAPI - If applition has buggy its own SLI support we need to do SLI magic in the driver and force app think it's run on single GPU.

And the scaling kicks in, not 99%, course not, still needs massive amounts of tuning.

Just for kicks, I also went into the WindowsNoFolder and did some changes there to see if the flashing/flickering helps on Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00000<~~~(instead of using 2), and came up nothing.

Also If I have it on 2400p, I have to set the texture to low, otherwise some stuttering, so I have it on 2160, I can now put it on medium.

This is game is WORK IN PROGRESS.

Working on this and Bright Mirror, so check back for updates on both, at least for the most part I got Bright Mirror all packed down, working on this one and this game is not going to be easy one.

6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON REMNANT: FROM THE ASHES - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATED - (8/22/19):

Ok just heads up remember from last post that I mentioned how to get rid of all of that massive flashing/flickering by changing that particular hex within the SLI Compatibility (DX10+DX10) bits???

Well doing this will eliminate all flashing/flickering but in turn, the overall scaling power is significantly reduced big time and I just happen to come across something that significantly raises the performance by a huge margin.

Did some Very slight tweaks within the Sli Broadcast and specific hack bits, and there is very little or to no flashing/flickering.

For Sli Broadcast bits, I have it set currently to:

0x00000001 DYNAMIC_BROADCAST_RENDER_TO_TEXTURE - Use broadcast to render interframe depandent content.

&

Sli Specific Hack bits:

0x00000104

But I can not stress this enough, it is imperative that the 5th hex within the SLI Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00000<~~~~MUST set to 2, other digits WILL NOT get rid of the massive flashing/flickering, No exceptions here.

If you happen to see some flashing,etc while doing this method above, simply ALT+ENTER to get into window screen then do it once more so the game can fill the screen, should be cleared up IF above method is used.

Just to let everyone know, I am currently fine tuning this game while all game settings are set to low and within the:

WindowsNoFolder, in the GameUserSetting File:

Under: [ScalabilityGroups]:

I have currently all set to:

[ScalabilityGroups]
    sg.ViewDistanceQuality=0
    sg.AntiAliasingQuality=0
    sg.ShadowQuality=0
    sg.PostProcessQuality=0
    sg.TextureQuality=0
    sg.EffectsQuality=0
    sg.FoliageQuality=0

Everything is reduced to the bottom-MOST, to eliminate any kind of culprits here then I work myself up as I go.

Making big progress here, But absolutely no guarantee's here but so far its looking good so Check back for more future results, thanks.

4-way SLI Seriousness in general has begun, from here on out, I will do my very best to bring everything and make 4-way scale like an absolute beast on all games, along with absolutely minimal to 0 lag/stuttering/flickering, you name it, Very determined, thanks.

Once done, I will graduate to 4-980ti's, Thinking about it in the future, then perhaps 4 1080ti(Really looking into it in the future) but one at a time, I still have LOTS to learn, I already learned so much already.

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON REMNANT: FROM THE ASHES - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATED - (8/24/19):

Got big news here.

Although I been focusing this game Alot more then Bright Mirror because Most of the Bright Mirror scaling is already packed down, just certain things needs to be tweaked up a bit, however on this game is a totally different story, this is ALOT harder game to scale.

For the most part, I have gotten up to 2-way SLI'ish performance but just very recently I was doing Some Tweaking within nvidia inspector:

SLI Specific Hack (DX1x)

&

There is another setting within Nvidia Inspector under:

8 - EXTRA:

However to view these settings, you must hit that magnify glass looking thingy on top of the program, Showing Unknown parameters and values.

So under 8 - EXTRA:

There is a setting called:

MCFORCEHOSTSTAGINGBUFFERSIZE

It is currently set to:

0x00040000 Default - size of host staging buffer, mostly for early push.

And yes this particular settings within 8 - Extra, gave me about 3 fps boost in performance and I am in now about 2 1/2 performance increase over 1 gpu, yes there is a significant difference from before.

What really did it is this Particular Hex within the SLI Specific Hack (DX1x) BITS:

0x00<~~~~ This was the game changer, and its now currently set to 4, and I have still have LONG ways to go.

I am making progress but its taking a very long time.

But compared to before and now, Huge difference.

I can NOT stress this enough, the settings under 8 - EXTRA & OTHERS, are highly recommended not to be touched unless you know what your doing and or trying to use it as a very last resort, otherwise I highly recommend not touching any of these settings and its values Due to the fact that, If you research Very closely on any of these settings, you will NOT find anything on it, so UNLESS you know what you are doing and the implications behind it, 100% do not touch any of its settings and its values. I am still Trying to learn the performance differences, Implications and the meaning behind alot of this stuff, So I am learning as I go and speaking of which:

It also came to my attn. that, After setting the:

MCFORCEHOSTSTAGINGBUFFERSIZE to: 0x00040000 Default - size of host staging buffer, mostly for early push, Even after you put it back to 0x00000000(nothing), the game will crash at startup, to fix this, you MUST re-load your backup profile, if not you are stuck, and the only way to get back on the game is to re-enable:

MCFORCEHOSTSTAGINGBUFFERSIZE

Otherwise you MUST re-load profile(The one WITHOUT ANY CHANGES TO 8 - EXTRA & OTHERS), so always make sure you always back up your nvidia inspector profile in a safe place just in case something like this arises, failure to do so can make the game to crash and unplayable.

I am hoping both Bright Mirror and this game will be completed probably less then week and a half tops, so its gonna take some time, Holding off on Yakuza Kimawi 2 for now, these 2 games will make me busy, but most of my attn. Is on Remnant for time being, thanks again for viewing.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON REMNANT: FROM THE ASHES - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATED - (8/25/19):

For keeping everyone up to date on this game, I managed to get 4-Way performance but not a-whole lot, still needs work.

What I just discovered just recently, When your viewing the distance area where there is water, mainly in the beginning, If you change your AA to Medium or to high, your Scaling power Goes up BIG TIME, if its set to low, overall scaling power goes down DRASTICALLY.

Shadows seems to be best on high, either other settings, scaling won't be as packed down, this game is not easy to tune, not at all.

It is not constant 4-way scaling, not even close, but certain instances I am hitting 4-way but there is still Alot of fps Fluctuations(Overall scaling consistency bouncing back and forth), I have tried many different variations within the in-game settings and it is still going up and down, not consistent performance, fps, still working on the issue.

But yes I have managed to get 4-way(depending on situation or what you are viewing) but just a small portion of it.

If any significant changes occur in the future while tuning, I'll report asap. Not an easy game to deal with, not at all.

Check back for updates, thank you.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON REMNANT: FROM THE ASHES UNDER 4-WAY SLI - FINAL - (8/27/19)

Here's the final conclusion for this game, alot of time was spent fine tuning on all three bits and it was all custom made by me.

Alot of hours was spent on fine tuning the bits in general, ALOT OF WORK...

I did my very best and thats all that matters in the end.

To cut the long story short, Scaling under 4-way isn't great at all really but from 3-way to 4-way = somewhat yes.

Testing was done @ 2160 under windows-fullscreen mode, since this game is still kinda new, they haven't implemented anything yet to increase above your native resolution so if you want to do fullscreen, you can only do it on your native resolution, there is no choice around it.

First thing, under WindowsNoEditor, here are the settings under: [ScalabilityGroups]

sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
    sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
    sg.TextureQuality=0
    sg.EffectsQuality=3
    sg.FoliageQuality=3
    sg.ShadowQuality=0
    sg.PostProcessQuality=0

I would NOT change anything, any changes to texture, post processing, shadow's, will result in major scaling consistency problems, stuttering, and other things, best is to use the above parameters.

I would start this game under borderless mode, continue your game, then once the game settles down, use the windows-fullscreen mode to 2160p

In certain instances, depending on the area of the game and view, certain scaling isn't packed down correctly, to fix this, come close to a wall or some sort, wait until the fps rises to its max, then re-visit the same area, scaling should now be fixed.

Also, you might see image overlay imprint after a cutscene, to fix this, change your AA setting a notch then put it back to its proper setting.

If you notice some texture's are gone, change the effect setting to ultra then back to its setting that you once had, this will correct this issue.

This game was fine tuned for 4-way specifically, since it wasn't all that great at all under 4-way, I tested under 1 gpu mode, then 2,3 and finally 4-way mode.

And just to let everyone know, I have tried and observed very carefully on my fps from the changes within nvidia inspector profile:

8- EXTRA/OTHERS

NO DIFFERENCE, some settings actually made it worse but a little bit, only one I used and help but few fps is:

MCFORCEHOSTSTAGINGBUFFERSIZE to: 0x00040000 Default - size of host staging buffer, mostly for early push,

And just for kicks, I did the Geforce Recording Method(1440p/50 MBs' Bitrate/100% working in HELLBLADE):

IT DOES NOT WORK PERIOD.

Here are some of the fps results while standing still in 3 different locations under 1 gpu mode to 4.

View 1:

1 GPU: 47 FPS
    2 GPU's: 82 FPS
    3 GPU's: 98 FPS
    4 GPU's: 103 FPS

View 2:

1 GPU: 44 FPS
    2 GPU's: 80 FPS
    3 GPU's: 93 FPS
    4 GPU's: 104 FPS

View 3:

1 GPU: 40 FPS
    2 GPU's: 76 FPS
    3 GPU's: 93 FPS
    4 GPU's: 115 FPS

As you can see, there is a difference between 3 to 4-way however if your looking at real raw performance from 1 gpu then to 4 = NO.

So clearly the best overall scaling performance in terms of fps, 1 gpu to 2 gpu is the best overall hands down.

If anyone is interested in my custom made bits here they are but FIRST:

CUSTOM MADE BITS AND OTHER SETTINGS:

(WARNING ABOUT BITS: "ONLY" FOR THE "NVIDIA GTX 970" FAMILY ALONG WITH OS("ONLY RS2/VERSION 1703/15063-RTM")

SLI BROADCAST BITS (DX1x): 0x05400601

SLI COMPATIBILITY (DX10+DX11): 0x0B4729F5

COPY ENGINE BLITTER: 0x00000080 FORCE_LZO_COMPRESSION - Force LZO compression for all uploads (even if we have to stall)

SLI SPECIFIC HACK BITS (DX1x): 0x56084105

MAX PRE-RENDERED FRAME AHEAD: 4

AMBIENT OCCULUSION SETTING: PERFORMANCE

AMBIENT OCCULUSION USAGE: ENABLED

SLI AA: ENABLED

So here is the final conclusion for this game:

FINAL CONCLUSION FOR THIS GAME:

CAN IT OPERATE WELL UNDER 4-WAY? YES AND NO.

FAR AS RAW PERFORMANCE IS CONCERNED, FROM 1 GPU TO 4 = NO, HOWEVER FAR AS ACTUAL PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN 3-WAY TO 4-WAY = YES BUT OVERALL SCALING WEAKENS AFTER 2-WAY.

YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN REALITY GETTING UP TO 3-WAY PERFORMANCE WITH 4 GPU'S. THIS GOES THE SAME WITH BATTLETECH, EVEN THOUGH THE SCALING FROM 3-WAY TO 4-WAY THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BUT FROM 1 GPU TO 4 IN TERMS OF REAL ACTUAL PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCES = NO.

OVERALL STABILITY WHILE PLAYING THE GAME UNDER 4-WAY MODE = NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM. FAR AS STUTTERING AND SUCH, LONG AS THE CORRECT SETTING PARAMETERS ARE USED, SHOULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS.

SO IN THE END, DO I RECOMMEND DOING THIS UNDER 4-WAY DESPITE NO CRASHING,ETC??? IF YOU WANT THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE FPS THEN YES, BUT IN TERMS OF RAW SCALING, BEST TO GO UNDER 2-WAY SLI FOR THIS GAME, BUT IF YOU HAVE 4 OF THESE CARDS AND WANT THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE FPS, THEN YES GO FOR IT.

ME PERSONALLY, I WOULD STICK TO 2-WAY TOPS FOR BEST SCALING TO PERFORMANCE RATIO.

GPU DRIVERS USED: MODIFIED QUADRO DRIVERS 431.70

OS USED: WIN 10 x64(15063.1988(RS2)/VERSION 1703/RTM)

MOTHERBOARD BIOS USED: 4103

INTEL CHIPSET DRIVER USED: 10.1.18010.8141

Finishing up Bright Mirror then off to Yakuza Kimawi 2, see you then.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE - 4-WAY SLI - (8/28/19):

Decided to go back to this game and see if I can Eliminate all the flashing/flickering, so I gave it a shot and it worked.

Again, the bits I changed is within the Nvidia inspector, under:

SLI Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00000<<~~~ This one, MUST set to 2, no exceptions.

Same goes for other games that helped me get rid of basically all flashing/flickering, was this particular hex here.

Earlier on my 4-Way Sli project, I wasn't really customizing my own bits by scratch, I just used whatever that was on the drop list, this will no longer work in the long run for majority of the games, couple might slip by but still needs tuning, no way around it.

So I am all finished doing Custom: Sli Compatibility (DX10-DX11) Bits.

Working on now Sli Broadcast bits, haven't touched Sli Specific hack bits yet.

I have fixed alot of the stuttering issues, mainly was the effect settings.

Here is the Settings I am using now in the GraphicConfig File:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" ?>
    <config><ScreenMode>FULLSCREEN</ScreenMode>
    <Resolution-WindowScreenWidth>3840</Resolution-WindowScreenWidth>
    <Resolution-WindowScreenHeight>2160</Resolution-WindowScreenHeight>
    <Resolution-FullScreenWidth>3840</Resolution-FullScreenWidth>
    <Resolution-FullScreenHeight>2160</Resolution-FullScreenHeight>
    <Auto-detectBestRenderingSettings>OFF</Auto-detectBestRenderingSettings>
    <QualitySetting>CUSTOM</QualitySetting>
    <TextureQuality>HIGH</TextureQuality>
    <Antialiasing>OFF</Antialiasing>
    <SSAO>MAX</SSAO>
    <DepthOfField>DISABLE</DepthOfField>
    <MotionBlur>DISABLE</MotionBlur>
    <ShadowQuality>DISABLE</ShadowQuality>
    <LightingQuality>LOW</LightingQuality>
    <EffectsQuality>DISABLE</EffectsQuality>
    <ReflectionQuality>DISABLE</ReflectionQuality>
    <WaterSurfaceQuality>DISABLE</WaterSurfaceQuality>
    <ShadeQuality>MEDIUM</ShadeQuality>
    <LodQuality>LOW</LodQuality>
    <VolumetricEffectQuality>LOW</VolumetricEffectQuality>
    </config>

Both WaterSurfaceQuality & ReflectionQuality MUST be turned to Disable(Completely shut off) otherwise Drastic Reduce in overall scaling power.

AA does work, but leaves an overlay imprint over the game while playing, trying to get rid of it, no can do.

Game seems for the most part, very smooth, Not much stuttering, if so, its usually the same exact spot/location, similar to DQ11(Dragon Quest 11), as that game does the same thing, so no worries.

Far as performance from 1 Gpu to 4 Gpu's.

I only stand still on one location where there was like the most load on all 4 gpu's.

Results in MAX FPS:

1 GPU: 34 FPS

4 GPU's: 112 FPS

As you can see, 4th card is kicking in just a tad. I did some lil tweaking within the Sli Broadcast Bits and made about 16+ fps difference, just on one particular hex:

0x0000000<~~~ this one and it is set to 2, 9 will work but a lil more fps Fluctuations so I kept it @ 2:

This game is FAR from being done(Tuning wise).

But far as Sli Compatiblity is concerned, its all finished.

If there is flickering/flashing that pops out of nowhere while playing, just change the shadow settings a notch then back to where you had it, should correct the problem.

HERE ARE THE CURRENT WORKING BITS:

WARNING(ONLY FOR GTX 970 FAMILY + OS(RS2(RTM)-V.1703/15063):

SLI BROADCAST (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000220

SLI COMPATIBILITY BITS (DX10-DX11): 0x2E8925F5

SLI SPECIFIC HACK BITS: CURRENTLY NOT USED.

Sli Broadcast bits is NOT finished tuning yet, but the SLI Compatibility Bits is, completely finished.

Going to be few days or so. Hopefully by then Bright memory will be finished.

Check back for more updates, thank you.

UPDATE ON 8/28/19:

Something Critical has come to my attn., when using the Sekiro Fps Unlocker and More program, and the Custom Sli Broadcast bits I am using, I found something very important, I carefully checked my fps on same saved location spot, at times it will say 109, next time I boot up the game, sometimes, mid 80's, then to upper 90's.

I found the root the cause of this, took a lil time, nothing to bad.

It was the Sekiro Fps unlocker program that was causing it, to fix this issue, every time you sign off the game, you have to X out the Sekiro Fps Unlocker program then if you want to jump back into the game, Re-start the fps unlocker program, this will ensure the highest fps possible, I already confirmed it 4 times over to make sure because before it wasn't staying at the fps at all, very rare occurence.

First of all,

Remember the Sli Broadcast bits I used:

0x00000220???

That's the one that gave me the 16fps boost, but even when shutting off the Fps unlocker program and restart it before launching Sekiro, the fps won't be there 100% of the time, so What I did is I made some changes within the Sli Broadcast bits:

0x00050220 (ONLY FOR GTX 970 FAMILY - DO NOT USE IF OTHERWISE, THANKS).

I already checked it 4 times over, after exiting the game, exit the fps unlocker program, restart the unlocker program then launch the game, now the fps is up there where it should be.

Check back for more results.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON FUTURE THINGS TO COME - 8/30/19:

Several things I been thinking for a bit.

I will be testing all of my games within the 4-way realm on all Win 10 x64 RS(redstone) builds.

I'll try it on RS3, RS4, RS5 and so on, not just out of my curiosity, but I bet many people are dying to know if it will work on those builds. I will be doing them way later, not anytime soon, just heads up, I will be doing it..

Also, I have decided to do something else in the future, probably towards end of this year.

Was originally thinking about 4 gtx 980ti's as my next project, Cancel that, I am going to be doing 4 gtx 980's first.

Before I do that, I'll have all of my videos up and running by then, when that will be, going to be a awhile from now, only one up is rise of tomb raider.

I want to work on many more games before I even thinking about moving to 4 gtx 980's.

So just heads up, these will be my next plan for the future. 4 gtx 980 will be my next project, hoping end of this year, or early January of 2020, by then, I will have many games recorded and documented on this site.

I will have ALL of my games recorded, up and running(Even the ones that don't scale well) for everyone to see before I even thinking about doing 4 gtx 980's, that I will promise everyone :), along with future updates on compatibility of my 4-way gtx 970 on all other RS builds, but going to be awhile, My main focus is getting these game to scale, it is not very easy folks, working 4-way sli is absolutely no joke, basically hardly anybody would touch 4-Way with a ten foot pole, It can literally exhaust you mentally by absurd amount, not only that, some people, health wise as well, all the flickering and everything else, sometimes I can be on a game tuning for like 8 hrs or so with breaks, lol.

I will also test all of my 4-way sli gtx 970 profiles to see if they do indeed work with the 980's, thus saving tons of time re-tuning everything, there is absolutely no guarantee in this, this is the main reason why the bits I provided in past post, that I will only guarantee this to work for the gtx 970 family because they been tested only with the gtx 970's and nothing else.

So always check back often on updates, thanks again.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE - 4-WAY SLI - (8/30/19):

More stuff has came to my attn. on this game.

While tuning the bits, I notice like 1 out of maybe 5-10 times, upon starting up the game, I will get a black screen but the mouse cursor is there, the only way to get out of this without doing a hard reset, hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, then click on lock, then bottom right, click on the 3rd icon to the right, click on restart, then restart anyway tab.

If you just do CTRL+ALT+DEL, then sign off, your going to be in a infinite loop.

Also, I mentioned about the Sekiro fps unlocker was the cause of the fps of not staying consistent upon loading up the game everytime, same save location spot.

I came across some stuff that will drastically help this issue, it will keep your fps highest it can, it will not be 100% of the time but far as max fps, it will be there alot better, I re-started the game many times to confirm it, here's how:

Under nvidia inspector profile:

2 things needs to be done:

1st: Change your Max Pre-Rendered Frames Ahead to: Use the 3D application setting.

2nd: Under 6 - SLI: Change these settings:

Antialiasing - SLI: Enabled
    Number of GPU's to use on SLI Rendering mode: Autoselect
    Number of GPU's to use on Rendering Mode: AutoSelect
    Number of GPU's to use on SLI Rendering Mode on DX10: AutoSelect
    Nvidia Pre-defined SLI mode: AutoSelect
    Nvidia Pre-defined SLI mode on DX10: AFR2
    SLI Rendering Mode: Autoselect

This is what I confirm with.

If you change it to 4 gpu's instead of autoselect, you won't get the top fps at all times, there will be major inconsistencies every time you load up the game and continue your saved spot, not to say it will every time but to prevent all of this and provide best overall performance, used the above settings, no exceptions.

Also, I believe I routed the problem about right before the Activison name comes up and the screen stays black, it appears to be some of my tuning within the broadcast bits, I have to check which hex is causing it, but I did tried using no Sli Broadcast bits and no Sli Specific hack bits, just my Custom DX1x bits, seems to not cause the issue...

Check back for more results, this game is still: WORK IN PROGRESS.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    PER REQUEST ON BITS FOR A PLAGUE TALES - INNOCENCE - 4-WAY (9/3/19):

Someone just messaged me and request the bits for this game.

I will continue to provide bits from here on out, but like I said, you can try to test it with 2 970's and such but fair warning, I can only guarantee these bits to work under 4-way sli/gtx 970 family and on rs2(1703/15063(rtm) and nothing else, cause nothing else has been tested on so everything but this is at your own risk, absolutely no exceptions period.

Before I continue with my own custom made bits, remember to delete your BF1 profile, since this profile is attached to it, I can NOT guarantee its stability in the long run under its own actual profile, cause I haven't tested it long enough to know.

So Attach the APlagueTaleInnocence_x64.exe to the BF1 profile then make these changes:

CUSTOM MADE BITS:

WARNING(ONLY FOR THE NVIDIA "GTX 970 FAMILY", I CAN NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING ELSE CAUSE THEY HAVEN'T BEEN TESTED ON, AND OS WISE, ONLY FOR THE WIN 10 X64(15063(RTM)/VERSION 1703) AND NOTHING ELSE, CAUSE OTHER BUILDS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED ON, THIS GOES TO ALL OF MY PROFILES, SO PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND, ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT BEFORE CONTIUNING.

HERE ARE THE CUSTOM BITS:

SLI BROADCAST BITS (DX1x): 0x08000080

SLI COMPATIBILITY (DX10+DX11): 0x2A0113F5

SLI COPY ENGINE: 0x00000001 On - Enable the copy engine blitter

SLI SPECIFIC HACK BITS (DX1x): 0x01000808

MAX PRE-RENDERED FRAMES AHEAD: 4

AMBIENT OCCLUSION SETTING: PERFORMANCE

AMBIENT OCCLUSION USAGE: ENABLED

MULTI-DISPLAY/MIXED GPU-OVERRIDE: 0x00000006(MULTI-MONITOR/QUADRO)

SLI AA: DISABLED

NUMBER OF GPU'S TO USE ON SLI RENDERING MODE: FOUR

PREDEFINED # OF GPU'S/USE ON SLI RENDERING: AUTOSELECT

PREDEFINED # OF GPU'S TO USE SLI RENDERING (DX1x): FOUR

PREDEFINED SLI MODE: AUTOSELECT

PREDEFINED SLI MODE (DX1x): AUTO SELECT

GPU DRIVER USED: MODIFIED QUADRO 416.30

And there you have it, should be all set to go, make sure you check back to the actual work that I did in the previous post, Think its on page 4, talks about how to eliminate the flickering and other graphical issues, have to change some stuff within the game config file, VERY VERY IMPORTANT, so before playing, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU DO THIS, NO EXCEPTIONS...

To those on 4-way gtx 970 sli, Be absolutely sure you have your temps way under control, this profile is no joke, It will choke all 4 like there is no tommorrow, so please be absolutely aware of this before continuing and yes scaling is top notch.

Enjoy the game.

(UPDATE):

Forgot to mention something important.

I just checked page 4 about this game, I really didn't specify what were the setting parameters within the .config file. I will provide them here later on today, mean time, try not to play the game until the list down of the settings within the config file is mentioned here, thank you.

(UPDATE ON ENGINESETTINGS):

Go to my Documents, My Games Folder, then to A Plague's Tale Innocence Folder, then edit the ENGINESETTINGS FILE to these parameters:

Version 66
    {Video
    Adapter "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970"
    Monitor 0
    Windowed 0
    FullscreenBorderless 0
    Resolution 3840 2400
    PrimaryScaling 1.000000
    SecondaryScaling 1.000000
    VSync 0
    TextureQuality 1
    TextureFiltering 1
    PosX 0
    PosY 0
    }
    {Graphics
    Version 1.0.4
    {Platform
    EPlatform 0
    }
    {HDR10
    Enabled 0
    }
    {Texture
    MaxAnisotropy 16
    LODBias 0
    MaxLOD 0
    }
    {DrawDistance
    DrawDistanceMultiplier 1.000000
    MIDrawDistanceMultiplier 1.000000
    }
    {MassInstancing
    TrimRatio 0.500000
    }
    {Terrain
    }
    {Shadows
    MaxSliceCount 4
    Size 4
    MaxDist 10000.000000
    DLightContributionCullingThresholdS0 0.100000
    DLightContributionCullingThresholdS1 0.100000
    DLightContributionCullingThresholdS2 0.100000
    DLightContributionCullingThresholdS3 0.100000
    OmniContributionCullingThreshold 0.000000
    }
    {SSRaytracedShadows
    Enabled 1
    Quality 3
    }
    {Water
    FFTSize 512
    }
    {VolumetricClouds
    Quality 3
    }
    {VolumetricLights
    Enabled 1
    Quality 3
    }
    {LightShafts
    Enabled 1
    Quality 3
    }
    {SSR
    Enabled 1
    HalfRes 0
    Quality 3
    }
    {SSAO
    Enabled 1
    Quality 3
    }
    {SSSSS
    Enabled 1
    Quality 3
    }
    {AA
    Enabled 1
    Type 2
    Quality 3
    }
    {Bloom
    Enabled 1
    Quality 3
    }
    {DOF
    Enabled 1
    Quality 3
    }
    {MotionBlur
    Enabled 0
    Quality 3
    }
    {PostProcess
    Enabled 1
    EyeAdaptation 1
    ColorGrading 0
    Sharpen 1
    Fringe 0
    LensDistortion 1
    Dirt 1
    LensFlare 1
    FilmGrain 0
    Vignette 0
    LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000
    FringeMultiplier 0.000000
    }
    }

Another heads up, Under Post Process:

Might to start the game under Enabled to 0 first, then sign off the game then make these changes, game acts strange at times.

Also back on page 4, I mentioned about the bouncing effect on some of the foliage's, to fix some of this and far's my observation, its the only way to do it, you MUST lower these settings:

{DrawDistance
    DrawDistanceMultiplier 1.000000
    MIDrawDistanceMultiplier 1.000000

I have it set to that, factory settings is set higher, lesser the value, the less shaking/bouncing effect on foliage's, etc but in return, weak draw distance, there is no way around this issue.

Also upon starting or continuing episode 3, you can see mad flashing like effect, don't worry, after awhile, it will settle down but not all of it, some stuff like water puddle will flash a bit.

Also another thing, at times you may see an image overlay imprint like while playing the game, to fix some of this but not 100% guarantee, look at the floor, PRESS CTRL+ENTER, it will go to windows mode, then do it again, should be fixed, not 100% successful rate but it will help in the end.

I can not stress this enough, This game is far from being the best I have tuned. This is no where near the same league as Rise of tomb raider, far as graphic anomalies is concerned but far as overall scaling power, this game is a beast, Already checked 1 gpu then to 4, yes it is scaling, very very heavy, but at times scaling can weaken a bit but overall scaling consistency is good.

I also notice when your walking, depending on where you are in the game and situation, fps goes down quite a bit rather then staying still, scaling kinda goes down a bit, but its only at certain given time, nothing to worry about.

Overall it is very playable, scales like a beast, but the graphic anomalies might get to some people, but for me I can deal with it, some cant. Is it all that bad? eh to so-so, absolutely no where near resident evil 2 remake, that is the worst when it comes to graphic anomalies and many other things.

I might Tune some more in this game to help increase performance and or help with graphical problems, if anything changes significantly for this game, I will post results.

Well, that wraps it up for this game, enjoy the game folks, Still busy tuning up Bright Memory/Sekiro: Shadows die twice and Re-tuning Assassins Creed: Origins, finally managed to get rid of the massive flickering and now working on scaling, not very easy.

Thanks for viewing my thread.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    your contribution is invaluable belive me

15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Thank you very much. I still got LONG, and I mean LONG ways to go to.

I would say if you stay constant tuning, everything, strictly within 4-way realm, about a year's worth of experience, Your doing decent.

At LEAST 6 month's worth of experience of serious tuning for 4-way just to break it in.

Some of the stuff I discovered while doing this, no one has ever discovered before, for instance, Hellblade while using shadowplay, boost fps quite a bit but you can't just turn it on and walla, absolutely not, step by step, along with custom bits all across, already mentioned this in the past posts. And virtually everything I have did under 4-way, was done everything on my OWN testing/tuning/discovery and no one elses. I might look up some site's for references and such, but the actual tuning was done ALL on my own time, you can literally spend 8 hrs without getting up your chair just tuning one game, and it could take like a week or maybe less to see some results, even then, nope, you can be on a game tuning hrs. upon hrs., daily, very very difficult, as before, not as easy what people think, that is why 99.9% of the people won't even touch 4-way with a 10 foot pole, not talking about bit mining, folding @ home, etc, talking about getting a game to actually scale properly with the most stability, lowest possible stuttering, and bring flickering under sli to a complete end.

the amount of time,patience,dedication and ambition involved in this is absolutely staggering.

But again, thank you for your kind comments. I will continue to do my very best in tuning to get them to scale, this is just the beginning of 4-way, Lot more coming in the future, :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON MY CURRENT PC STATUS -9/6/19:

Sorry for not reporting anything for a bit, My system is currently down for the moment and its a very very long story but I will keep it short.

Alright, this is what happened:

While Testing a specific game, mainly rise of tomb raider, and yes that game hits HARD on all 4 gpu's, I notice some instability issues.

What I did next to find out the problem, I just did 2-way, just 2 cards in my system, Tested just one psu, then the other psu.

I found out that my secondary psu/pc power & cooling 750w silencer was not very stable at all with rise of tomb raider but yet it is very very stable under unigine heaven 4.0 and valley @ 4k with high amounts of AA under MAX settings,

Also another thing, the game will hit extremely hard on both gpu's, like 100% basically at all times, explains probably why my secondary psu couldn't really take it on this game as the game was fine tuned specifically for 4-way and not 2 or 3 way, and normally I dont see 100% load on any of the 4 gpu's much at all, so under 2 way, it will hit tremendously hard as the game was tuned originally for 4-way, thus in the end, 2 gpu's in sli only will hit like 100% basically at all times.

So I said ok, what I did next is used my other psu I had, the corsair hx psu, this psu for some reason have very low +12v stability under load but it still hauls like a champ but after reading the multi-meter, I discontinued the use of it and corsair testing was done several months ago. So I decided to test 2 of the 970's, running directly through both of the cards only, along with that additional aux power thingy/bottom right of the mainboard.

I tested the corsair hx psu with unigine heaven 4.0 and valley along with tomb raider, Not one hiccup, then I restarted my system, then from here it gets very very interesting:

I notice my system was restarting itself several times over while trying to post bios.

I notice the code number before it restarts, 79, usually when it hits 79, about several seconds, it will continue to do its thing then finally post, but in this case, it restarts like 2-3 times.

Then after a bit, something very unexpected happened, I heard a loud SWOOSH!!!! type sound then the whole system shut itself down.

And very unusal smell arose from the heavens, all traced back to the corsair hx psu.

So long story short, what comes next, this is what I did:

Took out all the ram, I only used one stick of ram and one gpu, all 4 slots, everything seems good.

Even tested to see if they will come on in my dad's system, again all 4 970's boots perfectly.

BUT, the moment I put in two cards, it started to act up, and I said HMMM, could it be, the PSU.

Then after testing two cards, I went back to one gpu and retest and this time it seems to be stuck on a3, then dd, then i think c3 or c4, with beeps indicating no signal.

Before I used other PSU, I thought 100% it was the mainboard, and I was getting ready to get another board, supermicro board, I think same one was venturi was using with this 4 titan V's.

So back to where I was at, I then disconnected the power connectors from the gpu coming from the seasonic 1200w prime/gold, I used the PC Power & Cooling 750 silencer instead and guess what happens next??? you all guess it, Not a single problem..

I tested 2 way from this psu upon starting up in these combinations:

Slots:

1/2,1/3,1/4

Tested about 5 times over, not one problem, Then Next I put another stick of ram/2nd cpu, started up the system, all good.

So I had to cancel the order of that supermicro board and get a new PSU.

So it was a BAD PSU, end of story.

Getting 2 psu's, one main and one secondary, both same. Seasonic 1300w Titanium's.

Was looking into super flower but I decided to do these since I do alot of business with amazon.

Well in the meantime, going to clean my case,etc, my psu's won't be here for like maybe several days.

And yes I have looked up on forums on this issue, very interesting issue.

So if anyone had this problem, and if you have a secondary psu or backup psu, you might want to try to use that and troubleshoot the problem or test the psu before buying a new board, I already bought that new mobo but I had to cancel it, just in time,

Another important thing I need to mention here, While tuning bits, especially SLI Broadcast bits, it can behave very abnormal, all gpu's 99% but behaves like 1 gpu, I think some of the psu cause could be routed to this issue, it may cause tons of unwanted strain on the psu, perhaps this is what happened, I still precisely don't know for sure, but it is the psu that's bad alright. So folks, if your tuning those bits, and you see something like this, quickly get off the game and shut down and restart, this is probably the biggest reason why I said in the past, all my bits are ONLY for the 970 cards and nothing else, for everyone's protection.

Thanks for viewing.

UPDATE ON 10/24/19:

And the stuff everyone is dying to know, is it still doing good? My system???

Absolutely Yes, Everything is Harder then Solid Pure Steel.

In, other words = 2 Thumbs up :).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    SpajdrEX likes this.
  17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    PC STATUS UPDATED ON 9/16/19:

Alright got my system back and running, I haven't tested any games yet, trying to get everything re-installed, just about done, will test in a bit, so far so good.

I Also changed some cooling method around.

I'll show some pictures later.

Remember the 140mm artic fan on the left to cool the vrm's down??? Its on the right side, with a slant angle pointing down so better air can travel, so blocked in that tight space so I changed the angle a bit.

Also, I have zip tied on the left of the case, 4 scythe fans blowing in the front of the cards, two for vrm's, 2 for the gpu's, more then enough space to cover everything.

Can't wait to test and monitor temps, will give temp results later, thanks for viewing.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    PC STATUS + ROTR - UPDATED ON 9/9/19:

Ran Rise of tomb raider(hits very very hard on all 4 gpu's), ran for good 20+ mins or so, perfectly stable.

Just to let everyone know, ran the tweaked version of my custom profile for RTOR, and drivers used: modified quadro drivers: 431.86., everything is A+.

Also in regards about the cooling change I did for the gpu's, these are my current temps now at full blasted load.

NOTE: Disregard GPU # 3 temps, seems the card wasn't spaced out enough with the spacer, need to space out more.

Ran Rise of Tomb Raider for good 20+ mins and the results:

Here are the temps(With Spacers) with AC turned on to low @ 70 degress farenheit:

GPU 1: 64-65 Celicus
    GPU 2: 65-66 Celicus
    GPU 3: 68-72 Celicus
    GPU 4: 63-64 Celicus

As you can see gpu 1, Significantly better then I ever had before, gpu 2 improved quite a bit, 3rd gpu, not really as mainly the spacers themselves was kinda short, will retest later and gpu 4 has improved as well, overall, big difference.

If you can manage even in the mid 70's, doing pretty decent for 4-way sli, if you can manage to get in the 60's, yet alone in the mid 60 range, that is absolutely insane and I kid you not, just as a reminder, the gpus arnt using any aio's or custom watercooling, all stock heatsink.

Further update on gpu 3 temps will be given later, thanks for viewing the thread.

Check back for more updates on my current projects, thank you.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON PC FANS WITH PICTURES - 9/10/19:

Here is my current fan configuration and system pics:

https://ibb.co/T1cwNy6

https://ibb.co/SBZCF6M

https://ibb.co/7Rt3jNg

-------------------------------------------------

SPACERS:

https://ibb.co/hFWtF4p

UPDATE ON SPACERS - 10/24/19:

Using a Non-Wooded spacers shown above, now using:

Plastic Nylon Round Spacers = Everything is Excellent!!

SECONDARY PSU(BEHIND CASE):

https://ibb.co/3Ywp7GH

https://ibb.co/JzBX362

PRIMARY PSU:

https://ibb.co/L6qDc6k

--------------------------------------------------

ARTIC CPU AIO'S:

https://ibb.co/pn4ThjW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More images shown:

NOTE: 2nd Gpu Led light ain't showing, Ground wire problem, sorry about that:

https://ibb.co/t4BgdcH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP CPU RAD EXHAUST FANS:

https://ibb.co/0tRwK1x

Couple things I need to mention here.

Although it is possible to put 2 240 rad's in this case, however, the left side MUST be zipped tied down, as the mounting/screw alignment is way out of place, there is no way to mount it, MUST be zipped tied down, the right rad is perfectly fine.

You are all wondering whats up with the paper towel on the left side of the top cpu fans, its because since that particular rad is zipped tied down, there is nothing to support the fans, I put something there to prevent the fans from moving to keep it in place, so far, works PERFECTLY.

I also notice before I changed my rad's around from Right rad to the left side, is that this particular rad runs ALOT more hotter for some reason, originally I thought the pump is getting weak or something, or that the 2nd cpu is working harder, so what I did while cleaning out my system, move that particular rad from right side to the left side, re-apply new fresh thermal paste, temps are Excellent.

Originally I had the additional push fans on the rad, took them out, now I put them back on to help with the temps, all in all, works perfectly.

And oh just to let everyone know, Each power connector to the gpu is coming from its seperate line of cable, NOT one cable to two connectors, I did this to play it safe.

So 4 card's, 8 seperate lines going to the gpu's, and another pci-e cable going to the AUX 6-pin pci-e connector on bottom right of the mainboard(MUST BE USED IF 3 CARDS OR MORE, NO EXCEPTIONS).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    SpajdrEX likes this.
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    PC UPDATE ON 4-WAY SLI / GPU #3 TEMPS / SPACERS / 9/10/19:

Alright, did some space changes for gpu 3, here are my final temps on all 4 gpu's.

Testing was done With AC set to low @ 70 Degress Fahrenheit

Game used: My own Custom Profile(Enhanced Version of mine) for Rise of Tomb Raider(Hits Tremendously on all 4 gpu's).

Played for good 20+ mins or so.

Results are as Follows:

TEMPS/FINAL:

GPU 1: 64-65 Celicus
    GPU 2: 65-66 Celicus
    GPU 3: 67-69 Celicus
    GPU 4: 62-65 Celicus

I have seen Gpu 3 high as 72 C @ one time, mainly because I just turned on the AC shortly before this test so the room wasn't cooled down fully, after awhile, GPU 3 temps stayed within the range above mentioned within the results.