Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DSIII + RESHADE - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI CONFIGURATION - FINAL CONCLUSION PT #1 - 4/15/21:

And the moment that Dark Souls Fans/Sli Tuners and whatnot have been waiting for, The Grand Final Conclusion to DSIII+Reshade operating under: Quad Sli Configuration..., Jaws Wide Open In Shock, Flies coming in, thinking How in the F__k is this even possible, read forth:

I been on this game since January 18th of this year(2021) and alot of what was holding me back in the end was doing Video Work, etc,etc., and before we continue, I am still in the process of uploading my performance videos as we speak(EDIT ON 4/20/21: All Performance Graphs and Videos are complete/Both Static and Movement pattern testing), I already reached the limited on how much I can download, so I will upload more tomorrow, in the mean time, as promised, I have all the Static and Movement pattern tests all done on Graph(Just like RE3 Remake performance tests), once the videos are done uploading, I'll post the links here.

Before I went to this game, I originally looked at this game about 2 years ago, and since the game was capped @ 60 fps and never used Reshade at the time, I totally disregarded it, now, fast forward till now, ever since I found out that there is a way to play the game beyond 60 fps, I decided to go on it once again, next, I notice that the in-game AA wasn't all that great, I went to look for another alternative, hence forth: Reshade, ever since then I got more serious into this game + Reshade, if it wasn't for reshade, I would have not done Quad Sli as its no where near being needed, so fast forward till now, I bring everyone, A World Exclusive, Quad Sli version of DSIII+Reshade, 1st time ever, right here "Only" on Guru3D.com.

Lots of stuff to cover but I'll go over everything...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1st, lets talk about Overall Scaling Potential:

The Overall Scaling Potential in this game is one of the best I have ever seen within my 4-Way Sli Experience, although no where near perfect, it does comes with a host of issues here:

Just like games I have worked on in the past: Yakuza Kimawa 2, there is a host of Drag Spots in this game, the massive ones that drops it like nothing also pertains to 1 Gpu as well(With or Without Reshade/Regardless of Resolution and or settings being used).

The other mini drag spots, I call then Sub-Spots, this is where things gets really interesting, within these Sub-Spots, the drag gets worse as you go higher in your Sli Configuration(2-way, 3-Way and so on).

It seems that 1 Gpu Does not get effected at all, if so, barely any. 2-Way Sli, I have seen high as 3 Fps Hit, Tri-Sli: Seen high as 8+ Fps, and Quad Sli: I have seen 20+ fps and beyond, again, alot of it is how much Reshade stuff your using, to much of it(Depending on its settings), the drag will get worse.

Also, I notice that(And this ain't the only game that I worked one that does this), That every time I load up my saved game, the Fps Fluctuates, This also pertains to 1 Gpu and speaking about 1 Gpu, I have seen like up to 3 Fps difference, that is absolutely huge(Especially when your doing performance testing), so in order to fix this, lets say your max is 19 fps when you load up the game, go back to title screen, come back, now it may read 17 or even 18 fps, at times, even under 1 Gpu, you can just toggle your resolution to a lower one, disregard the changes, once your back to your resolution that you were once on, you may or may not see increased performance, again, this also pertains to Quad Sli as well, and under 4-Way Sli, I have seen much as 8+ fps so I had to be very careful while not just tuning this game but recording the performance.

Also, Scaling Drag while defeating any monster:

While under Quad Sli + Reshade, you will experience a drag on each monster you defeat, you can help lower this drag by lowering on which settings you use within Reshade, Eliminating HBAO and or MXAO helps great but I had to use those 2 settings on my end to help get great scaling.

Certain sections while under 4-Way Sli(No Reshade), you will not experience any drag while defeating any monster.

I Also notice, certain sections Like Cathedral of the Deep, Under 2-Way Sli+Reshade, I did not see any Drag while defeating any monster, so just heads up on it.

It seems that under Quad Sli, The overall Potency/Effectiveness increases when your using alot of Reshade Filters(Shaders) while defeating any monster, so don't go to crazy on the Reshade, more you use(Depending on Filters), the more drag your going to experience.

There is 2 very very rough section under 4-way sli(and even 3-way), and thats:

Cathedral of the Deep & The Ringed City(In-between the 2nd bonfire to right before the Water Area)

When you rotate your camera Within Quad Sli Mode, the drag is absolutely tremendous, I already explained that on the video(Earlier post), So, it is within these areas, that certain/Specific Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits has to be changed and also from 4-Way to 2-Way Sli to completely get rid of the situation, sorry everyone, I did everything I could, I can not fix it.

Also just heads up, people with similar setup, I would not go more then 3.4k with this game(Even without reshade) as you will have major problems with the Vram, thus in the end, alot of stuttering while rotating your camera, please have your resolution from 3k-3.4k, nothing higher, thanks. As before, Resolution is what Taxes the Vram with this game, Not HBAO/MXAO settings(Which can also greatly tax on your overall performance).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Next, we will cover: Overall Stability of the game + Reshade...

I have experienced quite a bit of Hard Crash, Complete Hang(Had to to restart system), Even just sitting Idle(Static) for a bit(Without no Reshade being used), that the game will hang completely, and at times, I have to do a complete hard system reset as I had no choice.

For the most part, the game's overall stability is Very Good, Considering its running on: 4-Way Sli.

Alot more crashes were coming apparent while I was doing my final performance testing(Where I was jotting down stuff), I was also using some slight changes to the bits to help increase the overall performance just a tad but also experience alot less overall game's stability, I'll explain the bits later, but for the most part, I wouldn't worry about it, When I get to the bits sections, I'll explain everything on which bits to use on what specific areas, etc.

Alot of the Crashes/Hangs was coming from while I was doing my Final Performance testing(While jotting down Performance Data Readings), as I had some slight changes to the bits to help increase overall performance just a tad but in turn, less stable.

Just remember, this is going to be the very best your going to get, expect problems on the way but certain things are extremely rare, such as: very unexpected hang while playing(like shown on my 2+hr video on my earlier post).
    Next Section: Graphic Anomalies...

Graphic Anomalies is the next topic here, how are the Anomalies in general?

Actually, everything is quite Excellent, BUT, there are times where certain parts of your gear will start flashing, to fix this, please unequip the equipment and re-equip the same gear, flashing anomaly should go away.

Originally, if you read on my earlier post while I was working on this game, I was having a very hard time controlling the flashing part, took some time to help reduce this anomaly and its a method I have never done before, I had to toy around with resolution, creating a very awkward resolution, and in the end, my method works, Very impressed with the results.

In some cases, depending on which Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits you use from my custom made bits, you have to deal with the flashing anomaly, at times, the flashing won't go away, some tricks here, such as un-equip your shield and then re-equip it, parts in the game that has water, go on top or roll over the water, the flashing anomaly should be fixed, certain trigger(Drag Spots) can also work in similar fashion.

Other then the Flashing Anomaly on Main Charc. or Monsters(Depending on Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits & Conditions), everything is excellent.
    Overall Tuning Difficulty:

As going on 2 years into this, I would say the level of Difficulty for me is Medium, the only part that was extremely hard was the flashing anomaly, which I learned on my own by creating very awkward resolution(First time I ever done this method) and as I discussed above, the Drag Spots(Which Already earlier).

The overall tuning difficulty for this game is not even on the same league as Mortal Shell, Not even close, so I would give this, a Medium Difficulty Tuning Range.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Longest Time Spent on any game within my 4-Way Sli Tuning Experience:

No Doubt, this is the longest game I ever tuned within my 4-Way Sli experience thus far, well over 220+ Hrs was invested, Toppling the Mighty game: Mortal Shell(140+ hrs), But Alot of the time was triple Checking everything after the game was completed(Finished Playing).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Before going on to the performance section:

NOTE:
    Just to let everyone know, I could only upload so many videos per day, so I will not post any video links up until they are all finished, once all completed, I will revise this post with links, so just heads up on it.

The Videos that shows all the performance testing is the same channel where I uploaded the 2+hr DSIII+Reshade: This one: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx1aK_JxFlGZGa7olr9cZSA

You are all more then welcome to see my DSIII+Reshade results but I would personally wait until all the upload is done, thanks.

Before moving on to the performance section, please note that All Static and Movement Pattern testing is only 1 Gpu and 4 Gpu's, nothing inbetween, only few has Added Bonuses(Lord of Cinders Battle,etc).

Also as another heads up, All Testing are using: Pheonix Undead Preset(Unmodified), All of them have HBAO+MXAO, but, some areas have Higher samples then others due to Scaling Situations, Etc. All other Misc. Reshade Filters(Shaders) I am using, All test are using the same Exact Settings, only thing that are different are the HBAO+MXAO Samples setting.
    Please head to #2 of the Final Conclusion to this game, due to the limit I can enter per post.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DSIII + RESHADE - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI CONFIGURATION - FINAL CONCLUSION PT #2 - 4/15/21:

NOTE: Please go back to PT #1 before viewing This section, I was running out of space, I would not have enough room to post the added links to my performance videos, My final conclusion to this game will be in 3 parts, thanks.

Performance Test Results

Before going on any further, this is my Universal in-game settings I am using(GraphicsConfig.xml):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" ?>
    <config><ScreenMode>FULLSCREEN</ScreenMode>
    <Resolution-FullScreenWidth>3408</Resolution-FullScreenWidth>
    <Resolution-FullScreenHeight>1917</Resolution-FullScreenHeight>
    <Auto-detectBestRenderingSettings>OFF</Auto-detectBestRenderingSettings>
    <QualitySetting>CUSTOM</QualitySetting>
    <TextureQuality>MAX</TextureQuality>
    <Antialiasing>ON</Antialiasing>
    <SSAO>MEDIUM</SSAO>
    <DepthOfField>MEDIUM</DepthOfField>
    <MotionBlur>LOW</MotionBlur>
    <ShadowQuality>MEDIUM</ShadowQuality>
    <LightingQuality>MEDIUM</LightingQuality>
    <EffectsQuality>LOW</EffectsQuality>
    <ReflectionQuality>DISABLE</ReflectionQuality>
    <WaterSurfaceQuality>DISABLE</WaterSurfaceQuality>
    <ShadeQuality>MEDIUM</ShadeQuality>
    </config>

The only exception to this, is the Reflection and WaterSurface Quality, certain areas are set to Max.

This Section will cover all the recorded performance, both Static testing and Movement pattern testing.

EDIT: I decided to add some videos while we all wait for the others to be available, I can only upload so many per day, sorry about that.

Also on top of that, Some performance testing shown below, I will show only some videos as I can only show 4 tops on a given post, so if you see a link to my youtube video, You should just see /watch and so on, all you got to do is just copy the / portion, then paste it after you type in: youtube.com, thanks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT ON 4/20/21:

I did some changes on some of my videos that are now up, one in particular, Deacons of the Deep - Storm Ruler Sword(Static Testing), the Quad Sli video, I did not reduce the saturation/contrast, so I had to do another conversion from one of my original videos, now its alot better, and speaking about version:

All of my Original videos(Static and Movement Pattern Testing), all converted by using a program called: Hybrid.

I used under Vapoursynth: Tweaks, to change the Color Saturation output as well as contrast as the original video(Explained awhile back), as the stock video produces to much over exposure on these parameters, even with the ZGcam mod, even though its alot better with the port mod, I still had to use Hybrid to lower the colors,etc, in the end, yes, alot better.

I also converted some Static 30 Fps Quad Sli test to 60 Fps while using Hybrid, also, I converted all Quad Sli, Movement Pattern testing to 60 Fps as well, took alot of work and Tons of time.

Then from there, All Static Testing & Movement Pattern Testing, from 1 Gpu & Quad Sli, I used a program Called Handbrake to further clean the visuals a bit, and yes, I used extremely high quality(Bitrate/100000 Kbps) and very insane transcoding settings, Folks, you have no Idea how much effort I put into this game, yet alone, this whole 4-Way Sli project, I can't even believe it myself.

I just hope I get some views on the videos, not looking for awhole lot, I hope to get couple thousands views, even my main, 2+ hr videos, only got 40 views and its been on for almost a month, I hope It can get more views, thanks again.

EDIT ON 4/22/21:

I ran into other issues with some videos, all have been fixed, everything is 100% complete, enjoy the Graphs + Videos.

Abbreviations:

TEX: Texture Quality / AA: AntiAliasing / SSAO: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion / DOF: Depth of Field / MB: Motion Blur / SHAD: Shadow Quality / LGHT: Lightning Quality / EQ: Effects Quality / REFL: Reflections Quality / WSQ: Water Surface Quality / SHDR: Shader Quality

Reshade Settings Used:

Phoenix Undead Preset(Unmodified)
    Clarity.fx(Forces 2 Clarity.fx's for some reason)
    Colorfulness.fx
    Bloom.fx
    SMAA.fx
    TAA.fx
    AdaptiveSharpen.fx
    MXAO @ 8/16 Samples
    HBAO @ 8/16 Samples
    AmbientLight.fx
    HQ4X.fx
    FakeHDR
    DELC(qUINTS.Sharp.fx)

First we will go over Static(Idle/No Movement)/All Static Testing Carries a Strict 2 Mins Test.

Cemetery Ash - Fountain Area - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/ZHY2QqR

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=RBJH3rGPlyE

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=8Xv8TKlLHLo

Cemetery Ash - Boss Room(Gundyr Ludex) - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/MN4z27K

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=7kAJK-guPRc

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=2cYjVTGrIAU

Firelink Shrine - Bonfire/Facing towards Blacksmith - HBAO x8+MXAX x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/5FPx23r

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=MDOri5DCdYE

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=qRrsbAjkVK0

Highwall of Lothric - Beginning/Top Platform - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/44W0p6t

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=NswM1-mW_HQ

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=VIIM-1s5sgk

Highwall of Lothric - Rooftops - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/G512PNs

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=L3Gh1qJ0E8Q

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=6j3KHfa7B6A

Foothils of Lothric - Bonfire/Steps/Peering Down - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/GTYG8L6

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=3aKSiWXhBss

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=fV37f6dgfrM

Undead Settlement - Bridge Area - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/Gx1yJRR

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=zNgBlvk-sE4

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=g-HUJdehM9U

Road of Sacrifices - Beginning - Top of Slope - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/XY4TXRj

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=SNDpoY5la8k

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=FtLzrUESIHM

Farron's Keep - Ruins Keep - Fireplace/Meditation - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/SfQ7mtG

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=eoVmBXXvvK8

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=S636eGU97mc

Deacon's of the Deep - Storm Ruler Sword/30sec/Camera Switch/4 Intervals - HBAO x8+MXAO 8x - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/3NHCcvW

Videos:

1 Gpu:

4 Gpu's:

Ithryill of the Boreal Valley - Boss Room Area - HBAO x16+MXAO x16 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/b6ngHpN

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=CY4yn0l1l5A

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=l-xnznmRqQ4

Profaned Capital - Just beyond the bowl of flame - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/GFLKP58

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=HZBVDGr469Y

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=unaE52-6Lbg

Dragon Barracks - Bridge Area - HBAO x16+MXAO x16 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/wCLNf5P

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=4xycvkDx_tQ

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=6Xs9eG2TtLg

Snowfields - Middle of the Bridge - HBAO x16+MXAO x16 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/H7h83RX

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=-FEy4ubynso

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=0ruhZkg8xp4

Champion's Gravetender Area/Facing the Dome - HBAO x16+MXAO x16 - 3408-1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/PZwZwVf

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=7jl0AxJEa_U

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=IYOV8Qb3qng

Smouldering Lake - Carthus Sandworm - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/Wp003SQ

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=8eBZobzVXxw

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=OcHe5w626kw

Archdragon's Peak - Very Unusual Spot - HBAO x16+MXAO x16 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/LnxqZ49

Videos:

1 Gpu:
    /watch?v=9Y6OrRUUGCA

4 Gpu's
    : /watch?v=9Y6OrRUUGCA

Dreg's Heap - On top of the house - HBAO x16+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/0jbsVKq

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=hTuvr2EipBU

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=s1tbRZfoTWM

The Ringed City - Mausoleum Lookout - Bonfire Area - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/nnjQpMj

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=4V97p30RvMM

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=-e2RkJwivBk
    Movement Pattern Tests(All tests does not have any Battles with monsters, Except for the Added Bonuses):

"ALL" Test are using the same exact Reshade Filters(Shaders) that were used during the Static testings(Shown earlier).

Cemetery Ash - Fountain Area - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/jvT0Q4n

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=FZFXKeTDLVA

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=0PyVlAAE7JA

Cemetery Ash - Boss Area(After Defeated) - Circles 2 Out/3 In - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/sHbPFQR

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=fMyKpEMJNp4

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=t4_D6SFt7tk

Firelink Shrine - Steps - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/31xD0Fj

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=x_Aq1aS3IZo

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=PyqATT0I12Q

Highwall of Lothric - Beginning/Cage Elevator - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/xjc8MC4

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=gtMafHs5SCQ

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=pe1pGc8cKO4

Highwall of Lothric - Rooftops/Going down - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/XCg30VV

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=MU-Q9S-QZng

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=1DdUwyfhPZY

Foothills of Lothric - Bonfire/Going down/Back up - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/H4CN2vK

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=-srtxmP-OEc

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=xzkW5U_9uw0

Undead Settlement - Underside Cliff/Rooftops - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/f9ncm7F

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=QToMYBff5-A

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=mqiaY5b-F74

Road of Sacrifices - Beginning/Slopes/Back to Bonfire - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/b5V59kp

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=aGpaALlXyDA

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=jFTqkdNvM-Q

Farron's Keep - Ruins Keep - STR8 Pathway - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/6RHc98t

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=asYHFOUIftc

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=jvmhAFhQrxE

Deacon's of the Deep - Boss Room - Ring a round the rosie X3 - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/tH86p0m

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=WJcpo6zYReE

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=MTLkL5Kfmwo

Catacombs of Carthus - Lower Levels/Water Area - HBAO x8+MXAO 8x - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/y5cmL69

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=5zl2jOEUOvE

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=pzfiYxMsdWs

Ithyrill of the Boreal Valley - Central Area - HBAO x16+MXAO x16 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/RYDcxWj

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=dJfEgbX2RHI

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=zmfD2df_Gg4

Profaned Capital - Boss Room - Side to Side X3 - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/Hq6dxh4

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=iyeYbZnaX38

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=LapcyVqi_IU

(ADDED BONUS/NO BATTLES): - Dragon Barracks - "WITH" drag spots - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/mHYT75N

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=cNp_K8SkAPg

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=gnfJvqdrfoc

Snowfields - To the tower - HBAO x16+MXAO x16 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/McYvznW

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=Ntw21tI6stg

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=0pvO5cx6Mzg

Gravetender Area - Going around the Icicles - HBAO x16+MXAO 16 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/Tq30752

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=YMAdAX97lLo

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=puF3SZ-TwwI

Archdragon's Peak - Later Areas - HBAO x8+MXAO x16 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/6W6QWy6

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=jqWT-llwLyk

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=YQS2HV_n-Eg

Dreg's Heap - Toxic Swamp Area - HBAO x16+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/jvVWdhk

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=9pOwaikHkGU

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=25PWj_QgzSs

The Ringed City - Water Area - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/7R8Gmdg

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=9WOLVD44Txo

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=fnxz5FHetQ8

(ADDED BONUS): Lord of Cinders battle(Strict 4 min Test) - HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/Kq19FnT

Videos:

1 Gpu: /watch?v=xgRMaVRkNUo

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=QLbYKIMXZr8

Some of you are wondering, What happened to the Lord of Cinders Fight, the Min Fps, Well, During the second phase of the fight, when he thrust the Sword on to the ground, the effects that it gives off along with Reshade being used, The overall scaling potential Dips, I further trying to fix this from going back to the bits themselves, Did alot of adjustments around, Turning on Vsync, no can do, Although prior to this, It had all 4 gpu's hard locked to 100% usage and Scaling was Significantly reduced but at least I fixed that, for now, this is the very best your ever going to get with this game and just for heads up, if your not using reshade while fighting Lord of Cinders, the second phase, none of the scaling is going to dip, but with reshade, depending how heavy the settings are, you will experience the scaling dips when he thrusts his sword to the ground.

Another & Last:
    ADDED BONUS

And saving the best for the very last:

(SLAVE KNIGHT GAEL BATTLE) - STRICT 6 MIN TEST.

Setting used for this Battle:

Same existing Reshade Settings as before, and:

HBAO x8+MXAO x8 - 3408x1917:

Performance Graph:

https://ibb.co/QrRT49S

Videos:

1 Gpu:

4 Gpu's:

Please check next post as it will cover all the necessary changes within: Nvidia Inspector to ensure everything is working properly, see you all on the final post.

EDIT:

Going to be a bit longer until I post #3of the Final Conclusion to this game, so in the meantime, for those who have not watched my World Exclusive, DSIII+Reshade Gameplay running under Quad Sli, here is the video(Sorry for my world's Worst Gameplay, I used trainer mainly for one reason, to tune much, much more in peace, I am not looking to the game for real, My job is to get the game fully tuned and complete):

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DSIII + RESHADE - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI CONFIGURATION - FINAL CONCLUSION PT #3(Final) - 4/15/21:

NOTE: Please if you all could, scroll up and view PT. 1 to the final conclusion to this game and work your way down, thanks.

And the last piece to the grueling piece of the puzzle the bits themselves, here they are BUT FIRST:

WARNING ABOUT MY CUSTOM MADE BITS:

Absolutely 110%(With my 4-Way Sli Stamp) guarantee to work with only, I repeat again, "ONLY" with the Nvidia GTX 970 Family, I have not conducted any sort of test on the 980 nor the 980ti's, That being said, it may or may not work with those, For the 970's, it has rigorously been tested with many hours of testing, I also guarantee if the user is also using an RS2 Build of Win 10 x64 RTM(15063. V1703) w/.2018 update + Modified Quadro Drivers: 392.63, failure to meet these requirements, I will guarantee 0% from functioning properly, also on top of that, Ever since one of my 4-Way Sli works: Hellpoint, from that game forth, it has come to my attn. that even different mobo's can also effect the Quad Sli scaling in certain instances/situations as with Hellpoint, I had 2 different mobo's to test with, one was the Asus Z10pe d8-WS and the other is the one I am using now: ASROCK EP2C612 Workstation board, there was significant difference in scaling in certain situations within Hellpoint while using my own custom made bits, I further did some changes within the bits to see if I can improve it on the Asus board, nope, although the scaling was there, certain situations it could not hold up, so for this reason, I would only recommend this motherboard along with it, so without any of these absolute 4 requirements, I will guarantee 0% from working properly, so please make sure of this before you continue, 4-Way Sli from my 2 years of experience is absolutely nothing to be joking around with.

Please if you all could, grab a copy of this version of Nvidia Inspector, works absolute wonders:

https://github.com/DeadManWalkingTO/NVidiaProfileInspectorDmW/releases/tag/v3.5.0.0

Next, open up the program and look for Dark Souls III profile and make the following changes below:

1 - Compatibility:

Ambient Occlusion Compatibility: 0x00000021 (Gears of War)

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000654(Used for 2- way Sli for areas: Cathedral of the Deep/Certain Portions in the Ringed City where 3-Way or 4-Way runs Haywire, you can use this under 4-Way Sli for Slightly Added performance but in turn, lowers stability, please be careful of using this other then the recommended areas) /// 0x00000658 (Works in all areas except for Painted World of Ariandel areas) 0x0000065A (Please use this only in the Painted World of Ariandel Areas only, thanks)

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x801878F5 /// For rough areas that needs to be switched from 4-Way Sli to 2-Way, places such as: Cathedral of the Deep, etc, Please use this instead: 0x8C1878F5, Thanks. (For Users that wants to try out 2-Way or 3-Way Sli while on a 4 Gpu Setup: For 2-Way, please have the last 2 hex's set to: F1, for Tri-Sli: F6, otherwise even if you try to force it to 2 Gpu's within 6 - Sli, the Specific Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits will overrride it, thus running into 4 Gpu's, be strongly aware of this, thanks).

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0xC000058A

5 - Common

Ambient Occlusion Setting: Performance

Ambient Occlusion Usage: Enabled

Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode

Threaded Optimizations: ON

6 - SLI

Antialiasing - SLI AA: DISABLED

# of GPU's to use on SLI Rendering Mode: Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(For older API/DX9): Leave it on autoselect.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(DX1x): Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode(For older API/DX9): Leave it on autoselect.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DX1x: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

SLI rendering mode: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

Head over to 8 - Extra and make the following changes below:

ASYNC10_NVAPI_MODE: 0x00000002 ALLOW_NOBLOCKING_SLISTATE - Allow specific non-blocking optimizations for GetCurrentSliState NVAPI.

MCLINKINSTANCED_LIMIT: 0x00000064 Default - Threshold in megabytes for using of RT/ZB allocations as LinkInstanced (SLI DX9/10).

PS_ASYNC_SHADER_SCHEDULER_FLAGS: 0x00000004 IGNORE_GARBAGE_COLLECT_THRESHOLD - debug: Ignore fill status and garbage collect every frame.

Next comes the last, first, on top of the program within Nvidia Inspector, there should be a magnifying glass, click on that, next, scroll the way down to where you see UNKNOWN or predefined nvidia UKNONWN id settings and make the following changes below, if you don't see that, I have another method.

Please set these:

0x105E2A1D (927 Profiles): 0x00000004 Monster Hunter Online, Battlefield V, Plague Inc: Evolved, Conqueror's Blade, etc,etc,etc,etc.

0x10AAA36C (95 Profiles): 0x00000001 (The Talos Principle, City Bus Simulator, Catzilla, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Hired Team, etc,etc,etc.

0x80857A28 (1374 Profiles): 0x00000001 Monster Hunter Online, Battlefield V, Race Driver Grid, Plague Inc: Evolved, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Conqueror's Blade etc,etc,etc.

0x809D5F60 (462 Profiles): 0x08000001 Battlefield 1, Sid Meier's Civilization VI, Total War: WARHAMMER, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo Wars 2, etc,etc,etc.

To those who can not find the Unknown ID settings listed above, there is a work around:

Open up the nvidia inspector profile program, on top of the program, move your cursor to export user defined settings, then on the drop down list, select the very last one, should say:

Export all drive profiles (NVIDIA TEXT FORMAT)

Next, open up the saved document with something like notepad, then Find the following:

"Dark Souls III"

Hopefully you already by now have created one for the game.

Next, you will come across the first line, should say:

Profile "Dark Souls III"

Underneath that, Delete all of it, and copy and paste this below, Make sure you do proper spacing between each line after the line:

Profile "Dark Souls III"

4 spaces to be exact, The end Profile line does NOT need any spacing and here it is:

Profile "Dark Souls III"
    ShowOn GeForce
    ProfileType Application
    Executable "ds3t.exe" UserSpecified=true
    Executable "darksoulsiii.exe"
    Setting ID_0x0019bb68 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x002c7f45 = 0x00000021 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x002ecaf2 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00313536 = 0x00000004 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x005a375c = 0x99941284 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x005f5a32 = 0x00000002 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00638e8f = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00664339 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00667329 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00738e8f = 0xfffffffb UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x007ba09e = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00854cab = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x009cfec8 = 0x00000010 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00a06746 = 0x00400000
    Setting ID_0x00a06746 = 0xc000058a UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00a06946 = 0x080020f5
    Setting ID_0x00a06946 = 0x801878f5 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00a0694b = 0x00000658 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00a879cf = 0x08416747 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00db3857 = 0x00000064 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x10115c8b = 0x00000028
    Setting ID_0x101ae763 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1033cec1 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1033cec2 = 0x00000002
    Setting ID_0x1033cec2 = 0x00000005 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1033ced1 = 0x00000005 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1033dcd1 = 0x00000004 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1033dcd3 = 0x00000004
    Setting ID_0x1057eb71 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x105e2a1d = 0x00000004
    Setting ID_0x106d5cff = 0x00000000
    Setting ID_0x107afc5b = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1094f157 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1094f1f7 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x10a879ac = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x10a879cf = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x10aaa36c = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x10f9dc81 = 0x00000011
    Setting ID_0x10fc2d9c = 0x00000004 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1194f158 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x2089bf6c = 0x00000023 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x70092d4a = 0xb19c3534 InternalSettingFlag=V0
    Setting ID_0x701eb457 = 0x2241ab21 InternalSettingFlag=V0
    SettingString ID_0x7049c7ec = "웪ꑌ" InternalSettingFlag=V0
    SettingString ID_0x704d456e = "쪳⃟쀰�㒺僪娟簹鹼瀣딅ᤶ厘�빁᱌뼝褧籝譯⑉贼㱅矻粁ꗪ熟胕㖩뫨뚄ᮈ쐹" InternalSettingFlag=V0
    SettingString ID_0x7051e5f5 = "籪鸙" InternalSettingFlag=V0
    Setting ID_0x708db8c5 = 0x5c0bc3fb InternalSettingFlag=V0
    Setting ID_0x709a1ddf = 0x4b1cd968 InternalSettingFlag=V0
    Setting ID_0x709adada = 0x37f58257 InternalSettingFlag=V0
    Setting ID_0x709adadb = 0xca56c1e6 InternalSettingFlag=V0
    SettingString ID_0x709adadc = "ݧ浒�䬼⚗湡㿘㶩䐕鋃쫺待욻ꐩ쪒ₐ쀼�㒺僸娋簰鹷瀧땑ᤡ叝�빐᱊뽗襂" InternalSettingFlag=V0
    SettingString ID_0x70b5603f = "榛鳈⏙ꢗ" InternalSettingFlag=V0
    Setting ID_0x70edb381 = 0x24208b6c InternalSettingFlag=V0
    Setting ID_0x70f8e408 = 0x80b671f4 InternalSettingFlag=V0
    Setting ID_0x80857a28 = 0x00000001
    Setting ID_0x809d5f60 = 0x08000001 UserSpecified=true
    EndProfile

Save the Document, then Import the saved document with your nvidia inspector, on top of the program, move cursor to:

Import user defined settings, Select the 2nd item, should say:

Import (REPLACE) all driver profiles (NVIDIA TEXT FORMAT)

Everything should be there, including ALL the custom made bits, 8 - Extra, and ALL of the unknown or unknown PREDEFINED nvidia settings.

People with 2-way or 3-way sli, Just change the portion where it says FOUR to its respected setting, thanks.

As remainder to all, 4-Way Users, ONLY USE:

AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo)

All others, switch to Autoselect, thanks.

Also, one more thing, very important, for those who wants to run 2-way or 3-way, Sli

SLI Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x0<<~~ set it to 0(Only for 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems).

for 4-way Sli Systems, set it to 8.

Final Conlusion:

First I would like to say, Absolute Kudos to the developers: FromSoftware, the same folks who developed this game:

Kings Field.

To pay a kind tribute to the folks at FromSoftware, here's a video(Not Mine, and the Music starts @ 2:50 is one of the Absolute Most bad ass soundtrack I have ever head, kudos to: Mr. Koji Endo):

Video from Kings Field II:

Music seems to be skipping in the video shown above, for a much better version of the ost:

LOL, I am not getting any younger as I go back to the Golden, Apple 2 ][ e age, I go all the way back during the Ultima/Wizardry Series, the ones that started it all, so sorry about that everyone, now back to on topic...

This game is the longest I ever worked on from my 4-way sli experience thus far.

Alot of my time was testing in general, I completed the game from beginning to end, and then, I went back from the beginning of the game, and from there, I tested and fine tuned within the in-game settings, and try to make it universal(All Areas tested with same exact settings), so Alot of the time was triple checking stuff again from beginning to end, absolutely real hectic, no doubt, I needed to get this game done asap as I started this way back in January 18th of this year(2021), I have never spent on a game that long such as this, although I am not always on, I try to but some days I am not on at all, here it is and its all finally done, I can now finally move on(Still waiting for all of my performance videos to be uploaded).

Now my here is my final take to this game and the reasons why:

The absolute real winner believe it or not would be 2-Way Sli + Reshade, and reasons why are simple:

When Rotating your camera in very rough areas(Areas that gives 3-way/4-way sli a extremely hard time), does not dip your performance, if it does, slightly, but it only pertains just few areas where 3-way/4-way sli have problems so no big deal but 2-way sli comes out clear winner all around.

Next comes to Scaling Drag when defeating any Monster, under 2-Way Sli, from what I understand, it does not, but with my custom made bits, places such as COTD(Cathedral of the Deep), when fighting any monster, your charc. and the monster will start flashing, you can fix this by unequip your gear then re-equipping it.

And lastly, when hitting those Sub-Spots(Minor drag spots), 2-Way Sli seems to take a fraction of a penalty compared to its upper class(3-Way or higher), the performance hit is nothing to be worried about.

No doubt about it, if you want all out, completely almost worry free, 2-Way is the champion, absolutely no doubt about it.

However that being said, if your planning to add crazy amounts of Reshade settings, this is where 4-Way Sli kicks absolute royal booty.

If you want to go all out, crazy Reshade settings with HBAO+MXAO, then 4-Way Sli is your cup of tea, if you want to go much easier on the Reshade Settings, and perhaps don't use HBAO+MXAO, 2-Way Sli is the winner.

Again, it all depends how you want to play the game.

Personally I would go with 4-Way Sli as with the crazy amounts of Reshade settings being used.

But for those who don't care about that and might use lesser reshade settings, want to go right into the game, 2-Way is a Solid Class Winner here.

Again Despite the issues that 4-Way Sli having, Despite the Major Vram Restrictions I had on my side and doing lots of tuning to work around it, no doubt, I give this game, 2 Thumbs up, although, its no where near on ROTR(Raise of Tomb Raider) Level, its almost there but not quite.

The Drag Spots is similar to the likes of Yakuza Kimawa 2, but in that game, the distance gap between the drag spots were crazy, you can take 15 steps and you will get a drag on that game(Pertains to 3-way/4-way sli only), however in this game, you might encounter(Usually the same given spot) a massive drag spot that will bring all of your fps down to its knees, again, this also pertains to 1 gpu(With or without the use of Reshade and regardless of which in-game settings you use and or resolution, so doesn't matter). The Sub-Spots is Alot more calmer when you use on a lesser Sli Configurations(2-Way Sli as an example).

So in the end, Do I recommend this game under 4-Way Sli?

Absolutely Yes, Despite the issues with it, If you want to go all out with reshade, I absolutely recommend 4-Way, only few sections in this game that gives 3-way/4-way sli a very hard time, I already explained those areas, despite those problems, I still give the game 2 thumbs up, considering all the Vram Restrictions I had to work around with, absolutely yes.

So on the end:

4-Way Sli: Very Highly Recommend if your going with insane amounts or Reshade settings. The Overall Scaling Potential is from Good to Excellent when it wants to, again, despite the issues that I explained earlier, still gets 2 thumbs up.

2-Way Sli: For those who wants to use mild Reshade settings or not even at all, All around, drag spots, scaling drag issues, etc,etc, 2-Way Sli = Absolute Champion in this game.

Gpu's used: 4 Gigabyte GTX 970's(Windforce Edition)

Graphic Driver Used: Modified Quadro Drivers: 392.63(From beginning to End of test)

Motherboard Used: ASROCK EP2C612 Workstation

Cpu's Used: Dual Xeon's E5 2670 V3

System Ram: 64gb

System Ram Utilization: Seen high as 20+gb

Cpu Utility Program Used: Throttlestop

PSU's Used: Dual Seasonic 1300w prime's

OSD Used: Msi Afterburner

Total In-game Tuning/Overall Stability & Testing Checks/Nvidia Inspector Tuning, Everything Imaginable, well over 220+ hrs invested(Not including Nvidia Inspector Tuning).

Please continue to keep your eyes on PT #2 of the final conclusion of this game(DSIII+Reshade) as I have yet to add more videos to the performance section, so always check back if anything is updated(EDIT on 4/21/20: "ALL" Static & Movement Pattern Videos, from Single Gpu to 4-Way Sli is Complete, please feel free to view my videos, thanks.

See you all back on the Game I recently just started on:

Warhammer 40k:
    Inquisitor - Martyr(Still very early in the game), and also: Black Desert online(Which only has 9.5 hours into it and scales excellent thus far).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-Way Sli - System Maintenance Completed - 4/21/21:

Just performed a system Maintenance today, Everything is back online and fully operational.

Gpu Temps, Cpu Temps, etc, is all within range.

Going to take some break before going back to warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr

Check back later on more updates.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021

5. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Those slave knight videos are night and day difference that's what i like to see.

I have dark souls 3 working on my quad sli right now but i had very limited testing upto the high wall of lothric. Have not noticed any flickering, hitching or drag spots yet. Unfortunately the fps unlock mod dont work for me either but in 3way i get solid 60fps 4k and reshade is all A ok with 75% gpu usage.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    In order to unlock the fps, you have to use this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/614

Then from there, I also use this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=663922936

Both the 60 fps mod and the Unsqueezed mod, goes directly into the actual DSIII game folder, where the .exe is.

Configure your DS3T properly.

Took a bit to figure it out in the beginning, but it works, I explained this in the past posts.

I hope you enjoyed the videos + the graph work, Incredible amount of time was spent on all of this, thanks again.

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - MODIFIED QUADRO DRIVERS: 392.65 INITIAL TESTING RESULTS - UPDATE - 4/23/21:

Earlier was looking into the Nvidia Graphic Driver Thread, and just learned that these new Drivers just got released, I already knew, based on the branch: 392.xx that it will work 100% and I was right, gave my personal favorite Quad Sli game testing of choice: Rise of Tomb Raider, when it comes to testing new drivers, and the results:

Not Beautiful Scaling, More like: Veautiful Scaling.

I was testing in the Glacial Area with my custom Bits Specifically for the Glacial Area, Very Veautiful Scaling.

Tested the game @ 4k(2400p), w/ALL Anti-Quality settings: SMAA/ SSAX2, SSAX4, all didn't even break a sweat, Like an Egg hitting a incredibly hot skillet, Completely beyond Insanity Scaling.

I did found an anomaly though, I got a Green/Whitish looking anomaly that basically covered the whole entire screen but can be fixed when toying with the shadow settings, it completely fixes the problem.

Speaking about this anomaly, everyone must understand that when I completely re-tuned this game a lil while ago, it was for a specific drivers, not theses, so, expect something to come up, but overall, Veautiful Scaling.

For those who are very serious into tuning Tri-Sli or 4-Way Sli, I would personally give these drivers a try, thanks.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    WARHAMMER 40K: MARYTR - INQUISITOR - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - GAME #10 OF 30 - COUNTDOWN TO THE 980ti's - 2ND MAJOR UPDATE - 4/26/21:

Alright everyone, here are my current Stats thus far:

Its an Major Update alright, lets go over some things first:

First of all, this game will be using Reshade, Just Like Dark Souls III.

What made me change? To further Stress The Gpu's down, as without reshade, Its well over 100 Fps give or take, so I wanted to put the 4 Gpu's, under overwhelming stress, I have 4 snapshots that I uploaded here, Both Single Gpu & 4-Way Sli, In-game & Equipment Screen, just to show everyone how things are looking thus far.

If you all have not read my 1st update of this game, please do, its on PG. 42.

I'll take some of the 1st update and post it right here, lets go over some things first before going on the 2nd major update:

Before going any further, this game appears to be stuck in fullscreen(Not Exclusive Fullscreen mode).

So what I did next, I went into the actual game folder, under CFG folder, I created a newly made folder called:

Resolutions,

then create a file called:

CustomFullscreen.cfg

The File must be in cfg.

Within the cfg file, I added this:

CustomResolution00=2560x1440
    CustomResolution01=3840x2160

Make sure your windows main screen is set to 4k prior launching the game otherwise it won't work.

Changing the resolution within the game only from what it seems, changes only the internal resolution.

So I did the above method, works perfectly.

When launching the game, the scaling seems to be handicapped, that's because the game is not in exclusive fullscreen mode, to fix this, do ALT+ENTER, should be fine.

Next, when launching a new game, soon as you get into the game, I experienced within several seconds in, a hard hang(Pertains to Sli only), in order to fix this, you can do couple methods:

1st method:

Right when you get into the game, do ALT+ENTER, then wait for a few seconds later, do: ALT+ENTER again, game might hang on you and might have to sign off and retry again.

Another method seems to be working ok:

Do CNTRL+ALT+DEL, then click cancel, it will go back on the game, keep tapping the window key button repeatedly to go back to windows main screen, from here, left click on the game's icon on bottom of your main page, once your in the game, game overall scaling seems to be totally handicapped(Because not in exclusive fullscreen mode), to fix this once again, do: ALT+ENTER, should be fixed.

I also experienced where shortly into the beginning of the game, always around the same area, I get an immediate hang and have to do: CNTRL+ATL+DEL then sign off.

Also, there is a setting called: Sync Cpu to Gpu, Please do NOT use this setting under sli mode as it will cut your scaling significantly.

Also, do NOT use the setting called: Frame Blend as the entire screen will flash like mad crazy and also, create major lag/stuttering on top of it, under sli, please use it for testing purposes only.

Now comes the 2nd Major Updates:

It seems from closer observation that, if your using Reshade and using specific Filters, such as: HBAO + MXAO, it seems, right when you log into the game, the beginning cutscene(very short), where I got that hang, it seems its not there anymore, furthermore, right when you get into the game, right before you get into the door, the game hangs completely and you have to sign off windows and restart the game(If not using Reshade), you don't have to do this any longer, it does not hang this time.

There is a way to bypass this if your not going to be using reshade:

Again, setting called: Sync Cpu to Gpu, Please have this turned on, right before a hang that you are having problems with, then after that, turn it off, I also checked that, after you turn it off and revisit the spot I got hanged, it does not hang any more, that doesn't mean it will never do it again, I only been on the game for about 6 hrs so alot more testing needs to be conducted so just heads up on it.

Also, in regards about TAA, so as you turn on TAA, screen starts flashing a bit, to fix this, turn on: Sync Cpu to Gpu, Keep your TAA enabled while at it, next, change your resolution to a lesser one, revert back to your original resolution, Turn off setting: Sync Cpu to Gpu, All set.

Only down fall about using TAA is that you will notice a shaky looking effect, very similar to Mechwarrior V or Mortal Shell, there was at one point that the TAA shaky effect was completely neutralized.

So far, Things are looking Excellent, better then I hoped for, biggest changer here is using Reshade.

Also, speaking about HBAO + MXAO, be extremely careful using these particular filters as it will cut down your performance Significantly, even @ 4 samples, its a huge hit, so for testing purposes, I very strongly recommend not to go over 8 samples on both, thanks.

Reshade Filters used:

Vibrance
    DPX
    Bloom
    HDR(FakeHdr)
    Clarity(Forces 2 for some reason)
    HQ4X
    HBAO(2 Samples)
    MXAO.fx(Medium Setting)
    TAA
    SMAA

For as those hang goes, alot of it is coming from:

Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00<<~~ Anything from Digits: 8 or 9 and the Letters: A through E.

There is another alternative here but you will experience alot more texture flashing problem and at a glance, I can not find the work around that issue, I would best to stick using 0x0D<<~~ Set to letter D, and use reshade to bypass the issue, actual flashing anomaly while playing, not to much, alot of it is your Map HUD(Bottom right of the screen).

The other alternative:

Under Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x00000000<<~~ If set to digit 8 or letter A.

Please tune accordingly, thank you.

Current working bits if anyone is interested(Use at your own Risk/Tested with GTX 970):

1 - Compatibility:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000603

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D00E7F5

Sli Copy Engine: Not Used:

Sli Specific (DX1x) Hacks: Not Used

5 - Common:

Ambient Occlusion Setting: Performance

Ambient Occlusion Usage: Enabled

Multi-Display/Mixed-Gpu Acceleration: Single display performance mode

6 - Sli:

Antialiasing - SLI AA: ENABLED

# of GPU's to use on SLI Rendering Mode: Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(For older API/DX9): Leave it on autoselect.

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode(DX1x): Switch to the desired # of Gpu's, If your using 2 gpu's, switch to TWO.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DX1x: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

SLI rendering mode: For 2-Way & 3-Way Sli systems, leave it on autoselect, for 4-Way Sli Systems, please use: AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

Snapshots:

Resolution used: 4k(2400p) /// In-game Graphic Settings: All set to Max

1 Gpu(In-Game):

Warhammer 40K - Marytr - Beginning Screen - 1 Gpu.jpg

4 Gpu's(In-Game):

Warhammer 40K - Martyr - Beginning - 4-Way Sli.jpg

1 Gpu(Equipment Screen):

Warhammer 40K - Marytr - Equipment Screen - 1 Gpu.jpg

4 Gpu's(Equipment Screen):

Warhammer 40K - Martyr - Equipment Screen - 4-Way Sli.jpg

As per remainder to all, I only ventured just the beginning portion of the game, Very early game play, I will be conducting long term play and will give heads up later if anything changes, thanks, If anyone is seriously tuning this game and or have any questions, do not hesitate to ask, many thanks.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    WARHAMMER 40K: MARYTR - INQUISITOR - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - RAY-TRACING / GLOBAL ILLUMINATION - 4/26/21:

The brand new, newest addition that's being added to reshade:

Marty Mcfly's: RTGI (Ray-Tracing Global illumination)

Currently checking to see how things are working, in the beginning, where you see the red lights going in circles, checking certain, sections to see how the reflections are reacting, yup, its working.

Haven't tested it enough but the scaling is out of this world.

I will be using this but when I do my performance testing, I might use it as an added bonus, the performance hit on top of the HBAO + MXAO is high.

Single gpu on one static spot: 12 Fps

Quad Sli = 47 Fps.

So yes, Excellent Scaling here.

That's with the Path-Tracing resolution set from 1.0 to .5 and among or adjustment to help improve performance. The amount of rays from 10(Default) to 5 to help improve performance a bit.

It will be used but again might be just an added bonus.

It is working and the Overall Scaling is Absolutely Crazy.

More updates to come.

EDIT ON 4/27/21:

There is an anomaly left while the RTGI is turned on, you can help reduce the shaking/Fuzzy looking anomaly(Around light sourced area) by increasing your RTGI resolution from .5 to 1.0 but be forewarned, significant impact in performance will be present, best to leave it on .5 till further notice.

Also, while this is turned on(RTGI), while viewing your equipment screen, your Scaling is handicapped, to fix this, back on to the game from the equipment screen, go to your Option menu, turn on setting: Sync Cpu to Gpu, while that's being turned on, switch your resolution to a lesser one, revert back to original resolution of which you were on, toy with your shadow resolution from low to back to where you had it originally, back to the setting: Sync Cpu to Gpu, turn if off, should be now fixed(Temp/May or may not work, it may take a bit for scaling to come back to normal peak range, if it still stays handicapped, please log off the game and re-launch the game, the game will be back to normal).

Looking around to fixing this issue, anything more, I'll update it, thanks.

Warhammer 40K - Inquisitor - Martyr is now:

-----WORK IN PROGRESS-----

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    WARHAMMER 40K: MARYTR - INQUISITOR - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - CURRENT STATS - 4/27/21:

I managed to get to the Command Deck(Beginning of the game), Tuning wise, In about 10+ Hrs thus far.

Several things:

Far as Tuning Sensitivity: Extremely good, I have not had an issue where I had a to hard reset or power down the system for that matter.

Overall Stability thus far: Far's I can tell, Some unexpected hangs here and there(Working on the issue as we speak), only thing I needed to do is: CNTRL+ALT+DEL then sign off, back on the game.

Overall Scaling: Absolutely Amazing, Shaking My Head(In in a good way).

For those who are very seriously tuning this game in similar setup as mine, one thing you must be very strongly aware about:

When loading up your saved Charc, once on the Command Deck, your Overall Scaling potential may or may not be decreased, even under 1 gpu, performance is reduced(With or without reshade), I have found a workaround this issue:

1st of all, head towards the Star Map Terminal, log into the system, you will be on another screen, once its finished doing its thing, Log off the terminal, you should be back within the Command Deck Area, Overall Scaling Potential and or Single Gpu Performance will be increased), It may take several tries, sometimes, when going back to the main charc. selection screen, when going back on the game, it may or may not(Fps) go back to normal peak range, again, you may have to Log on to the Star Map Terminal then come back to the Command Deck and see how the performance will be then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

I have almost completely neutralized the shaky anomaly caused by the in-games: TAA setting. I did some more tuning within the bits, Massive change, although it is still there but I would say I got rid of 90%+ of it, So much better now.

Another EDIT:

Also, at sometime when your overall scaling goes out of whack(When doing the Flashing Anomaly Fix(Doing the Sync Cpu to Gpu/Resolution Method), Again I am in the process of fixing this issue, this can be Temp. Fixed by doing the method I describe on earlier post, at times, it won't work, again, just log off the game and try again, but now it has come to my attn. that when signing off the game while the overall scaling is out of whack, the windows OS itself can be very very laggy/unresponsive, even if you managed to sign off, your still hampered by it, again, the only solution is to restart your system and back on the game, again: I have not had one time where I had to completely had to do: Complete hard Reset or Hard Power down, so nothing to really to be concerned about ATM, as before, I am currently hard at work on resolving the issue.

Current Working Bits Thus Far:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000602

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D00E7F5

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x0000007A

Head over to 8 - Extra and making the following changes below:

ASYNC10_NVAPI_MODE: 0x00000002 ALLOW_NOBLOCKING_SLISTATE - Allow specific non-blocking optimizations for GetCurrentSliState NVAPI.

I have some Uploaded Photo of the Actual Game(Work in Progress).

Current Reshade Filters being used:

Vibrance(Manually Set by me)
    DPX(Manually Set by me)
    Bloom(Manually Set by me)
    HDR(FakeHdr/Default Settings)
    Clarity(Forces 2 for some reason/Default settings)
    HQ4X(Default)
    HBAO(2 Samples/Other then Samples, everything remained: Default Settings)
    QUINT_MXAO.fx(4 Samples, Other then Samples, everything remained: Default Settings)
    TAA(Manually Set by me)
    SMAA(Default)

EDITED on 4/28/21:

RTGI(Ray-Tracing/Global Illumination/Marty Mcfly's Shader)

For the RTGI Settings currently being used, here they are:

0.5 GI Render Scale Resolution
    Ray Length: 15.00(Default)
    Ray Amount: 10(Default)
    Ray Steps Amount: 5(Modified/Default is 10)
    Z Thickness: 0.25(Modified/Default is 1.00)

EDIT ON RTGI SHADER:

Also came to my attn. just recently that by increasing the amount of Rays, the Fuzzy rendering anomaly around the light sourced area, drastically decreases it, that being said, it will still be there, just won't be no where as bad if for example: Rays set to 1, Again, higher the Rays, obviously major impact on performance so be very careful on tuning.

MORE ON RTGI SHADER:

Just came across some more stuff here:

The fuzzy anomaly around lights, depending on which object, The setting within RTGI: Ray Steps, Mine is currently set to 5. if you lower this, it will also help neutralize the anomaly and also help with performance but in turn, it may weaken the effectiveness of certain light source so please tune accordingly.

Also on top of that, Comes another setting within RTGI: Z Thickness, This can also help remove that fuzzy looking anomaly within certain light source, if you set it to 0.00, its basically gone but certain light source, depending on which, is missing, soon as you crank it to 0.01, you can see some difference, default is set to 1.00, mine is currently set to 0.25.

Also, another thing I might change is Textures, set to low, I am already having some problems where switching to wether inventory screen or your skill tree, going back to the main screen, scaling is way out of whack, I already know how to fix it but keep on doing is quite hectic, soon as I change the textures to low, basically it was gone, Textures might not look quite as good but good enough for now until further notice.

Here are 4 Photos(Command Deck Area):

4K(2400p), Max Settings(Physx was on Setting 3, It makes no difference).

EDIT ON 4/28/21: These Photos just got revised, all @ 2160p/Custom RTGI Settings(Mentioned earlier).

1 GPU(NO Reshade):

Warhammer 40K - Martyr - One Gpu - Deck - No Reshade.jpg

Quad Sli(NO Reshade):

Warhammer 40K - Martyr - Quad Sli - Deck - No Reshade.jpg

1 GPU(With Reshade/HBAO @ 2 Samples/MXAO @ 4 Samples/RTGI

Warhammer 40K - Martyr - Single Gpu - Deck - With Reshade.jpg

4 GPU's(With Reshade/HBAO @ 2 Samples/MXAO @ 4 Samples/RTGI

Warhammer 40K - Martyr - Quad Sli - Deck - with Reshade.jpg

As you can see the above photos, The Scaling output is Absolute Bonkers, Sweet Jesus, Wow, Yuppers, Wow is right.

As for everyone's reference:

4 GTX 970's with: Excellent Scaling Output = Tad faster then a 2080ti, give or take, not to much faster but it is faster but not by much, So even a 2080ti won't even push 60 Fps with the same Reshade Filters settings I am using, Not even Close, RTX 3090 should easily surpass the 60fps to even perhaps 70fps+ mark, but this will give everyone an idea how stressful the Reshade settings are, All in All, Extremely impressive Scaling Output.

Speaking of which, I understand this is a very off topic but anyone with an RTX 3090 and have this game, I would love to hear the performance with the same Reshade Settings and your performance results with this game, Many Thanks, Remainder(Resolution I am testing this is 4k(2400p), If you can't test it at this resolution that's fine, 2160p is fine also, love to hear results, again, I apologize for the Completely off topic but I am extremely curious about your results, I can not thank you enough if you are willing to share, thanks.

More to updates to surely come later, you all don't want to miss any of it, check back later for more updates, thanks.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Kozary likes this.

11. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Loving the SLI reshade goodness, the RTGI when it works is so good with AO. Keen on trying this warhammer game out at some point in the next few months.

12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    WARHAMMER 40K: INQUISITOR - MARTYR - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - VS 2080TI @ A GLANCE - 4/28/21:

I was looking up some video earlier on this game with a 2080ti @ 4k(2160p), maxed out(Except TAA), and also, was using Recording Tool, Guessing Shadow Play.

I wanted to do conduct my own performance test as I was extremely curious about the results.

As many of you already know, Recording Shadow Play will defint' hinder performance(depending on game and resolution).

Since the game on this particular video was recorded @ 4k(2160p), I decided to conduct my own test under same settings and Record Quality Settings(2160p, 50 mbps Bitrate(Default)).

Please watch this video, I understand the video is rather old but it will give you an idea:

I separated my test into two as right before engaging the mini-boss, I had a scaling drag, then very shortly afterwards, everything returns to normal.

So going into quick, at a glance performance results:

There is some Drag Situations on the video shown, I did not include any of the Drags shown, I completely dismissed them, at least what I can see.

Before we begin, My Quad Sli, Speed on the Gpu's themselves are as follows:

Actual Core Speed: 1525mhz on all 4 Gpu's (Extremely fast even for just 1 Gtx 970).

Vram Speed: 7,516mhz(GDDR5 Effective Data Rate Speed).

so @ 1:56 to 2:56 on the video:

Video Performance Shown: Min Fps: 80 /// Max Fps: 117

There is a dip there that shows 70 Fps but not quite sure if it was a drag, but just heads up on it.

My Quad Sli Setup: Min Fps: 112 /// Max Fps: 160

Video Sequence @ 3:12 to 4:22:

Video Performance Shown: Min Fps: 59 /// Max Fps: 101

@ 4:09, there is a drag shown on the video, dips into the upper 60's but does not effect the min already: 59 Fps.

My Quad Sli Setup: Min Fps: 82 /// Max Fps: 125

Again, My Shadow Play was set to Record Method @ 4k(2160p/Bitrate @ 50 Mbps(Default)), and same exact quality setting shown on the video.

And yes, I also used the flashlight option, just like the video shown, and yes, there is a difference while tuning it off and on and speaking about performance difference, I notice about 20+ fps difference while shadow play is turned on, with reshade, I only tried it with 1 gpu, and the performance hit is like 75%, OUCH!!!.

If anyone is extremely curious of the full readings of my performance, here they are(With Geforce Experience, Shadow Play being turned on, Remember, shadow play takes tremendous Hit, so actual Performance readings down below will be Quite a bit higher on all readings, thanks):

so @ 1:56 to 2:56 on the video, My Quad Sli Performance:

MIN FPS: 112
    AVG FPS: 136
    MAX FPS: 160
    1% LOW: 75 Fps
    .% LOW: 45 FPS

Video Sequence @ 3:12 to 4:22, My Quad Sli Performance are as follows:

MIN FPS: 82
    AVG FPS: 98
    MAX FPS: 125
    1% LOW: 63 Fps
    .1% LOW: 52 Fps

Actual Max Fps, without Shadow Play, I have seen up to 180 fps and beyond.

Also about the video shown above, as per remainder again: The video was dated back in oct of 2018, so alot of performance changes could have changed since then, so please take that into consideration, thanks.

I have found later videos that were using 2080ti but it was not showing any OSD stuff, so I use this video instead.

Also, be sure to check several post prior to this as I am going to revise those photos I posted as the RTGI shader settings within reshade is changed for overall better performance without losing any details, check back later for it.

See you all on the next update.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    WARHAMMER 40K: INQUISITOR - MARYTR - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - CHERNOBOG SYSTEM - UPDATE - 4/28/21:

Still within the Chernobog System, I did the First 5 missions, I am on Chapter 2 now.

While visiting the: Saint Abelard Relay Station:

There is 3 choices to choose from at first, I first picked:

Datahunt: Word Bearer Vanguard

In this area, without Reshade, Soon as I fired up my Single Hand Laser(Using Both), there was a hang, I had to sign off and restart.

I have found a workaround this issue, as for now, keep it like this until further notice for all other areas.

Under Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down, please switch to Letter: A

After that, there is another area I ventured to within the same area:

Next stop:

Assassination: Black Legon Vanguard

In this area, you "MUST" have the shadows completely off, IF your not using reshade as you will get up to Tri-Sli Performance, so in this area, please have Shadows on: OFF, until further notice, thanks.

Speaking about Shadows, If your in later areas in happen to come across some scaling issues, without reshade of course, try toying with your shadow quality settings and see if that will improve, on the other hand, while using reshade, shadows shouldn't be to much of a concern as reshade is putting tons of stress already, I didn't seem to have scaling issues, infact within:

Assassination: Black Legon Vanguard(@ 4k(2160p):

1 Gpu Performance(With Reshade/Shadows: Medium): 10 Fps

Quad Sli(With Reshade/Shadows: Medium): 38 Fps

So yes, Excellent scaling.

So as it stands, Current Working Bits Thus far:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C0A

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0077F5

Sli Copy Engine: Not Used

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x0000007A

Under 8 - Extra, we now have a brand new addition, please add it until further notice:

ASYNC_PRESENT_MODE: 0x89624578 Async - DX10 present will be async call

You should also have this as well:

Also, Just to let everyone know, I now had an experience where the game completely hanged real hard and I had to do a complete hard reset but I think I know what caused it, my insane OC on these cards, I normally operate @ 1506mhz(Core), which is very insane for Quad Sli Setup, I had it on 1525, I tried upping the Vcore a bit, didn't make that much of a difference, temps were defin't higher though.

I am keeping it on 1506mhz(Core) for the time being, so those of you who are tuning this game, make absolutely sure your OC is 100% stable or you will have problems with this game, even then, Experience a hang or two and need to sign off eventually, still working around the issue.

As of now, this is where it stands, And yes, I am playing the game for real it seems, No trainers(Don't know if there is one).

Also, another heads up, never mentioned before:

Right in the beginning of the Tutorial Area, right when you get on the game, soon as you move a bit, you will experience a hang(mentioned this before), but how to prevent it? Please go to your graphic quality settings, turn on your TAA, should be now fixed, and also should fix that hang right in the beginning of the cutscene(Tutorial), Implies to Reshade and without Reshade, please be aware of it, many thanks.

And finally, I think I might be switching to 2160p on my end, a bit better performance and slightly less Vram over the bigger brother: 16:10/4k(2400p).

So I will be playing this game, and will keep further updates to come.

Games seems real nice, Great Ambient Music(Fits perfectly for this game), I like the fact that you can stay in static mode(Not moving) and move your aiming cursor, Reminds me very heavily of Shadowrun for the Snes, Also one of my favorite Rpg's of all time.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    BLACK DESERT ONLINE + RESHADE - GAME #11 OF 30 - COUNTDOWN TO THE 980ti's - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - 2nd UPDATE/CURRENT STATS:

Current stats on this game thus far:

As on my front page says: Game hrs invested, 9.5 hrs.

I haven't been on the game ever since doing my DSIII+Reshade video/graph work and also, Warhammer 40k: Inquistor - Martyr.

But current Scaling potential is Excellent.

I have not finalize which Reshade Filters(Shaders) that I will be using, but I will give heads up on it later.

But just to let everyone know, my 100% full undivided attention is going to go to: Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr at this moment.

That doesn't mean I won't be testing/playing BDO, I will be, this will be like a leisure game, like taking a break from Warhammer 40k.

So, basically, this will be an misc. game, if anything major, I'll post update.

Here my current working bits if anyone is interested(WARNING: Only been tested with GTX 970):

EDIT ON 4/30/20:

Bits are modified from the original post, please use this instead:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8A00E7F5

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x000000E8

Both 8 - Extra & unknown ID settings: Not used ATM.

Far as Sli Rendering Mode: AFR of SFR

As mentioned on my 1st update for this game, for some reason, Reshade preventing the game to even start up properly, takes many tries to do so, before all you got to do is uninstall Reshade, then re-install it, works before this update they just had, just for kicks, tried latest version of Reshade V3, does not work, again, it does work but takes many tries to do so, until there is a work around, be aware of this issue.

Edit on flashing anomaly + Other graphic settings - 4/30/21:

Also another heads up, I am currently, very hard at work trying to get rid of the flashing anomaly that appears on the screen, it comes and goes, when it flashes, it may go up to like 15-20 seconds, intervals between the flash can be 10 seconds, can be several mins, etc, but its bound to come back, just certain stuff on the terrains, etc is flashing, it will disappear but it will be back, so working on the issue as we speak, other then that, over 16+ hrs in, Scaling is beyond belief with Reshade, without Reshade: Depending on area,etc, it can range from alright to good, I wouldn't same on the same league as with reshade.

Another thing about in-game graphic settings, I touched on this before but I'll touch up on it again:

Please do "NOT" use the Remastered Setting as, #1, TAA causes to much problems, & #2: There seems to be a brightness issue, goes all the way down then back up, it does this continuously, so be careful while tuning.

Also in regards about Upscale setting, yes it works but there is a problem here while using reshade:

Certain Filters, such as MXAO, HBAO, SSR, they won't work properly, stuff like DPX, HDR, seems to be working without restrictions, please tune accordingly, many thanks.

Also, if you experience decreases in your overall scaling performance, trying lowering your resolution to a lower one, wait for a bit, then totally refuse the change, should revert back to where you originally had it, performance should be up a bit, thank you.

Again, current main focus is going to be Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr.

See you all back on Warhammer 40k.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    BLACK DESERT ONLINE - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - FLASHING ANOMALY FIXED + UPDATED RESHADE SETTINGS - UPDATE - 4/30/21:

Found the fix that causes the game to flash(Graphic Anomaly) unexpectedly(intermittently).

I Checked back on the first update on this game, and one in particular, caught my attn...

1st of all, open up: Nvidia's Very Best Friend: Nvidia Inspector:

Under: 1 - Compatibility:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down, please switch this to digit: 4.

I also tried not using the Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x) to help eliminate the problem, not one problem yet.

So, without any further of due nor delay, My current updates(Once Again) are as Follows:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C04

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8A0077F5

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): Not Used

Far as Sli Rendering Mode: AFR of SFR

Also within 8 - Extra, I have two of these, just as remainder:

ASYNC10_PRESENT_MODE: 0x89624578 Async - DX10 present will be async call.

Also, Very serious tuners out there, here are 2 things that will trigger the Sli Scaling:

#1:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down, Letter: A

#2:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down, Digits 8,9, and the Letters: A,B,C,D,E.

So therefore, one can be left out, if one of them is being used, your scaling will kick in 100%, you don't really need to use both sides, either or can be used, please use this as an extra reference to your tuning, thank you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Section will cover: Reshade Settings

This may or may not be final but this is what I am currently using:

DPX(Manually Set)
    Blooming_Hdr(Default Settings)
    Dither(Manually Set)
    Clarity(Forces 2 for some reason upon startup, can use 1 or 2, Currently using 2)
    Adaptive Sharpen(Default Settings)
    HQ4x(Default Settings)
    Adaptive Fog(Also forces 2, can use 1 or 2, I am only using 1 atm)
    Quint_Mxao X8 (Only set to X 8 samples, everything else: Default Settings)
    HBAO X4 (Only set to 4 Samples, Everything Else: Default Settings)
    SSR(Manually Set/This is for testing purposes only, lots of performance hit)
    RTGI(Manually Set/This is for testing purposes only, lots of performance hit)

The SSR and the RTGI, These are for testing purposes only, they are not for long term play, there is alot of noise/distortion while using RTGI, have to manually tweak it, even then, there is still some noise, seems to be working but the performance hit with the above others + @ 3840x2160 @ Very High settings, going to be extremely high, another thing I have to watch out is for, is the Vram, Although I am doing excellent on my side, System Ram is way over 16gb easy, Far as I can tell, While I am on the game, it is Stone Cold Steel Stable.....

If I use SSR or RTGI, I never use them both at the same time, just one or the other for testing purposes.

So yes, This game is becoming a Extremely serious Quad Sli Contender, with reshade, it scales like absolutely no tomorrow(Mise well say Pretty much: Perfect Scaling for the most part), without reshade: ranges from alright to pretty good, alot better with reshade.

I am also using Max Textures @ 2160p.

People with similar setup as mine, and don't want to use reshade and want to maximize your overall scaling potential, try upping your resolution to 4.5k or 5k(2880p), but try lowering you Texture quality before doing so to be safe and make sure you have plenty of system ram before attempting. @ 4.5k, it should scale extremely well without reshade, with reshade, with my setup, I would not go any higher then 2160p, and yes, I am hitting over 60 fps, but not all the time.

EDIT ON 5/1/21:

Just as remainder, 1 gpu without reshade, I have seen high as 30 Fps, so, if your using similar setup as mine, I would probably go with Tri-Sli Route as under quad, you won't hit full scaling potential at all times like when using Reshade, so my strongest recommendation at this point, @ 2160p, Very high preset, and no reshade, use: Tri-Sli, If you want to use reshade under Tri-Sli, you can use the AA, such as TAA/SMAA, in-game TAA is causing to much problems, please use the one within reshade until further notice, thanks.

I'll provide screen pictures later, more stability checks needs to be done, but all in all, game is Extremely powerful in the Quad Sli Realm, make no mistake about it.

Total hrs in the game thus far: 17+ Hrs, all done tuning for today, Back to Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr, tomorrow.

Last edited: May 1, 2021

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    WARHAMMER 40K: INQUISITOR - MARYTR - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE ON: SYSTEM RAM/VRAM/SCALING OUTPUT - 5/1/21:

Before I begin, I am in the game about 22.5 Hrs in, boy I got to tell you all, The scaling on this game is beyond Incredible, SMFH!!, Unbelievable.

That being said, there is some things you all must be very aware about if your seriously tuning this game.

Ok, here are some quick list:

1st:

Lets go over system ram, Although everything is running More then extremely well on my end, and despite my Vram is completely saturated, System Ram will be taking a very, very heavy hit. I have seen System Ram Utilization, well over 30gb, heard that right. Now if its eating this much, very heavy indication, My Vram is Way Out, so make sure you have plenty of System Ram to make up for up, I would highly recommend at this point, people with similar setup as mine, make sure your system ram is well over 32gb to be utmost safe, for the most part, its eating well over 20gb of system ram, over 30gb is depending on the location and situation, but again, despite the Vram is way out, Everything is still handling Extremely, Extremely well.

2nd:

Despite me being very early into this game, There are places that, while rotating your camera, you will have major Scaling Drag Issues, yup, very similar to DSIII + Reshade, but I only had one place that given me this problem. If your running into this problem, please reduce your textures from high to low to help solve this issue, this is the area where I have seen almost 32gb of main system ram utilization, so be very strongly aware of this issue, many thanks.

3rd:

Next comes to overall scaling potential(Without Reshade) in some given areas...

There is some areas where overall scaling usage is not up to par to where it should, Even though lowering your shadow down to the bare min. will help this issue, it is simply not enough under Quad Sli, to help with this issue, you should be upping the resolution to at least to a bare min of 2400p(3840x2400) to 4434x2771. I have tried 4434x2771(Without Reshade) in this one particular area where overall scaling potential was not at its peakest, quick test in this area, it played very well, I then proceed to check under 1 gpu to get the performance reads, then went back to Quad Sli, yuppers, Excellent Scaling, so if your running Quad Sli with similar setup as mine, please up your resolution, up to 4434x2771, but that being said, some areas @ 2160p = Excellent scaling, Again in regards about gpu usage, it simply means nothing, always check 1 gpu performance before moving on to Tri-Sli/Quad Sli.

I am still on Chapter 2, did some more areas since the last post, everything is running: Beyond Insanity, Absolute Crazy Scaling Potential.

Also, I have experienced where after doing a particular mission or whatnot, upon exiting the area and going back to the deck, I experienced a hang, all you got to do is: ALT+CNTRL+DEL, and sign off, at times it won't do this, I even tried to bypass this, right when its loading to the command deck, right before its done, I did: CNTRL+ALT+DEL, and then back on the game, even though I managed to get through, scaling was out of whack, I tried doing the Sync cpu to gpu/Resolution/shadow trick to help get the scaling potential back, it did but still had problems, I had to sign off the game and log back on, only way at this point, for now that is.

Far as my custom made bits, nothing has changed yet, so please don't change anything for now.

Also, on top of all of this, I also tried running RTGI under full GI render resolution Scale of 1.0 instead of .5, it ran extremely well, despite being like perfect scaling, my performance is like in the 30 fps to mid 40 fps, running @ 1.0 GI render resolution scale also help clean up the noise/distortion that's left from the shader, also goes with Z Thickness and Ray Steps,etc.

All and All, Lovin' the game, and overall scaling = SMFH!!! (In a extremely positive way).

All done tuning/Stability Checkes/Playing for today, I'll be on it tomorrow, more updates to follow.

17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    WARHAMMER 40K: INQUISITOR - MARYTR - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - FIXED ON SPECIFIC MONSTERS(MEELE BASED/SPECIAL ATTACKS) THAT HANGS THE GAME - UPDATE - 5/3/21:

So I was routing the problem where this specific monster("WITHOUT RESHADE"), I'll route it for you all:

Within the Caligori Sector:

Tenebra Subsector > Aethon System > Aethon Prime > 10 (Assassination Rebel Guard)

There is this enemy called:

BullGryn

He's the one with the one handed Club.

He does his special Meele Attack on the ground, some kind of an earthquake like type special attack, it is the effect that gives off, completely hangs the game and you must do: CNTRL+ALT+DEL and sign off, however, I have found the work around the issue, took some time, but not to bad.

As per remainder, this only applies "WITHOUT" Reshade, as I already tested it and confirmed it.

Open up your in-game graphic settings, there is a particular setting called, "HIGH SHADER"

Please, make absolutely sure you turn it off, "IF" your not using Reshade, those who are using Reshade, and using Crazy amounts of filters like I am, I didn't notice any crash with it on so you all should be alright with it.

First I thought it was my custom made bits, nope, wanted to go into the game settings, had to go through each one, and routed the problem.

That being said, I might find a way to fix it later while keeping the High Shader turned on without reshade, but at this time, please have it on off when fighting with these specific monsters, without reshade of course, many thanks.

There has been some changes to my custom made bits, Please change them.

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0877F5

&

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

As for the others, please don't change them, leave them where I last mentioned about them. only change the above for now, thank you.

Coming along, very nicely, more updates later.

18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2 GAMES REVISITED - CLASSIFIED - UPDATE - 5/4/21:

Just to let everyone know, I am going to be jumping back on 2 games that I previously worked on, I am leaving it quiet for the time being as my main primary focus is Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr and the misc. project: Black Desert Online.

So, I will be announcing these 2 games later, but they were previously worked on, quite awhile back ago, more updates later on this, probably not until Warhammer 40k is all finished.

I will be jumping on these games extremely soon.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    3DMARK FIRESTRIKE ULTRA - OLD SCORE BROKEN - NEW SCORE - UPDATE - 5/6/21:

Broke my previous score, which was:

New Score is:

Just 1 shy of 1 point, not very easy to do as, I did many test runs, the offset of the final score can be like 100-200 points, I also did some fine tuning of custom making the bits for this.

Without any further of due, here's the link:

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/25505436

And yes, I also have 2 highly modified Bios for these Cards, Originally tweaked them awhile back ago, It don't get any better then this.

I have gotten all 4 gpu's(With Artifacts) @1600mhz under Quad Sli and for these cards, even just running on one card, that is absolutely, brutally fast, It did manage to go through but I yielded lower score and here's why:

Same thing goes for memory frequency, just because it goes through, doesn't mean your going to yield better score in the end, My score started to lower soon as I passed about 1560+mhz range, same thing goes for Vram, anything higher then 7,560mhz(Effective Speeds), the overall score starts to dip, there is always a sweet spot when it comes to this and my sweet spot for Gpu(Core): 1560-1565mhz, Memory about 7,560mhz(Effective Speeds).

All 4 Gpu's(Voltage): 1.275V, Absolute Brutal.

And yes, I did some custom tuning with this benchmark:

If anyone is interested in my Quad Sli custom made bits for this(GTX 970 Only/Drivers used: Modified Quadro Drivers: 392.65), here it is:

1 - Compatibility:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0071F5

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000008 IGNORE_MIN_CE_TRANSFER_SIZE - Ignore d3dreg key MIN_CE_TRANSFER_SIZE and allow all transfer sizes by CE.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x0400007A

6 - Sli:

Antialiasing - SLI AA: ENABLED

8 - Extra:

PS_ASYNC_SCHEDULER_FLAGS: 0x00000004 IGNORE_GARBAGE_COLLECT_THRESHOLD - debug: Ignore fill status and garbage collect every frame.

All others that's within 8 - Extra that came originally with the drivers, please don't change them, leave them: Unchanged.

unknown ID settings:

There should be only 1 that's being used with this program, should look like this:

0x10FD4C5F (7 Profiles): 0x01F296C1 (Catzilla, Unigine: Heaven 4.0 demo, 3DMark, Unigine: Valley demo, 3DMark14, Unigine: Heaven demo, 3DMark Ice Storm).

EDIT:
    Going to run Extreme version, I will update score later, thank you.

EDIT ON: Firestrike Extreme: My final score, oddly enough, didn't beat my old previous score, did few more runs, ran lower, so my previous score: 16470(On my old Asus: Z10PED8 WS mobo/Also was running on different but Same 12 Core/24 Threaded Cpu but the Clock speed on that was higher, probably explains why my old score was higher).

And yes, I was able to revert back to the bios I was originally using.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    WARHAMMER 40k: INQUISITOR - MARTYR / GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - CAMERA ROTATING CRASH FIX - UPDATE - 5/7/21:

I have found a fix where in this particular area, "WITHOUT" Reshade being used, While rotating your camera, would result an Immediate hang and have to do CNTRL+ALT+DEL then sign off.

Before going any further, the Area in question:

Within the Caligori Sector:

Tenebra Subsector > Aethon System > Aethon Prime > 10 Hunt / Aeldari

I have back track to my in-game settings, it was neither of the settings.

Next, I went to my Custom Made Bits, as I already expected...

Open up Nvidia Inspector, Under 1 - Compatibility:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down, anything from digits: 8 or 9 and the Letters A,B,C,D,E is the cause of it.

Although this is needed to further help in scaling, but it also helps neutralize alot of the flashing problems while playing.

The Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits is vasly helping the scaling, and also:

0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down within Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits, it will drastically help your scaling but in turn, it will create massive flashing problems.

So while eliminating the Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down, your going to experience alot of flashing anomalies.

Also, in this area, you might want to increase your resolution to like at least 4.4k as your scaling won't be up to par, "IF" your not using reshade.

I already tried it @ 4434x2771, had no problems, even if the textures were set to high.

Currently working on this issue and trying to find a work around, if your using Reshade, should have 0 problems, for those who are "NOT" using reshade, please follow the above procedure until further notice, thanks.

More updates later.