My experience with 4-way Sli thus far

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    MASS EFFECT 1(RE-VISITED) - DX9 TITLE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2400p+Alot MOD+SGSSAA - MORE ON SCALING DRAG FIX - UPDATE - 9/11/20:

Got very good news at last, I managed to get Just alot of textures installed and this time with very minimal stuttering to almost none(Except for loading spots).

Here's how I did it:

What I did is I made a backup of my config folder, which contains all the .ini for this game, and I also made a backup of the config folder AFTER installing alot and this is what I did next.

I deleted everything from the BIOengine.ini after installed Alot, "EXCEPT" the Texture Lod Parameters,

Next, I copied the factory upper and lower portion of the parameters, copied those into the config folder(After Alot mod installed), fired up the game, @ 2400p, Dynamic shadows, 8XS AA injection, I only tested out just a tad to get a quick impression, Absolute Staggering difference, so, for those who are really tuning this game in sli in general or 4-way and have the same exact gpu family as mine, give this a try, world a difference, your not kiddin'.

I might even give Meutim and Improved static lighting a try with this method, no guarantees though.

Now I can work this game in more peace now, anything new, I'll post more, thanks for reading.

EDIT:

I just toggled dynamic shadows off during gameplay, the situation seems to have come back again, even toggling back on, looks like its happening again.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    MASS EFFECT 1(RE-VISITED) - DX9 TITLE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2400p+Alot MOD+SGSSAA - UPDATE - 9/14/20:

Just heads up to everyone:

Out of curiosity, I personally gave Mass Effect 2 a whirl and Tried with and without Alot Texture mod and other goodies, as I originally expected, far as scaling drag is concerned, Mass Effect 2 is So much better, its like night and day difference.

There is one particular graphic setting that MUST be shut off as you will experience some Scaling drag issues, kinda different then Mass Effect 1, that setting is called:

Dynamic Shadows.

If left on, you will experience, certain spots and locations(Depending where in the game), some drag issues, but fars I can tell, the gap between the spots themselves is no where near bad as mass effect 1, that being said, I highly advised to shut it off, With or Without using alot texture mod, for utmost smooth gameplay, and yes, The scaling in this game scales like absolutely no tomorrow.

Great news about SGSSAA within Mass Effect 2, it is working perfectly, I am now using:

4xmsaa+4xsgssaa, it works excellent.

I only tried certain areas, and yes, fars I can tell on everything, looking pretty darn smooth, might experience a stutter but nothing to crazy, This is using Stock GamerSettings within mydocuments.

I did not touch a thing within the Gamersettings after alot texture was installed, just started up the game and very curious how the game behaves under 4-way sli, I can tell you now, sucker is an absolute beast.

So for those who is very serious of tuning 4-way sli for this game with similar setup as mine, I would very strongly recommend going to Mass Effect 2 first as you will have major problems with the stuttering issue with the 1st game, Absolute big difference between the two, so please start with 2 first.

Yes, I am still trying to work on Mass Effect 1 1st, that is my main priority, I was just curious about Mass Effect's 2 behavior within 4-way with alot mod installed, all good, so give it a try, in the meantime, I am very hard at work getting rid of these nasty scaling drag spots/issues in the 1st one.

Back to Mass Effect 1 on current stats thus far:

The way its looking now, I might have to go with no texture mods as it provides the smoothest game play, with or without SGSSAA injection, so I might have to go without it, its kinda bad, I am doing my best to get rid of it, tuning the TextureStreaming parameters, nope, game is not very easy to deal with, despite the game scales like no tomorrow, the stuttering is bad with alot texture mod installed, so I might have to go without it, I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    MASS EFFECT 1(RE-VISITED) - DX9 TITLE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2400p+Alot MOD+SGSSAA - STAGGERING UPDATE ON STUTTERING. - 9/14/20:

Got great news here:

Just for kicks, I personally gave an old version of Meutim(2014 version) a try and gave it a whirl @ 2400p along with 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA and guess what???

ALOT less stuttering then using the updated version of ALOT and just for kicks:

I personally gave the latest Meutim(By itself), a try, and same amount of stuttering while using the latest version of ALOT(2020 version) is present.

Yes, there is some stuttering here and there but compared the two, Absolute significant differences, man your not kiddin'.

So for those who are still interesting doing some sli with similar gpu as mine, please use the 2014 version of Meutim a try.

Again, stuttering is worse(Just a bit, nothing to serious) on sli rather then doing 1 gpu so please keep this in mind.

Also, while in the citadel for the first time(Beginning of the game), please shut off sli as there seem to be significant scaling issues in this area, I remember I had this problem last year when I was playing with this game, so for now, in this area, shut off sli until I find a workaround.

I played from beginning of the game up and until you do the beacon part, everything from what I understand seems to be running fine, upgraded textures are working perfectly, AA injection through nvidia inspector is also working perfectly.

So again, Serious 4-way sli tuners who wants to get into this game, please "ONLY" use 2014 version of Meutim, thank you.

More heads up to come on this game, thanks for reading.

EDIT:

Just to let everyone know, you MUST use LAA(Large Address Aware, Check on the box for 4gb+, if you don't patch the game up, you will experience some crashing here and there, so please use it, thanks.

Here's the link to the program:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

Also, I already made my decision, this game will be #5 to the countdown to the 980ti's, even though I worked on it last year, I have never gave a full report on it, so this game will be #5, Mortal Shell(Work in progress), is still #4.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    MASS EFFECT 1(RE-VISITED) - DX9 TITLE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2400p+Alot MOD+SGSSAA - CURRENT STATS - 9/14/20:

Current stats on this game thus far:

I have played a good 3 hrs or so in checking the overall stability/performance,etc of this game, so far the overall stability is hard as STONE, I got one crash, right after talking to Executive Pallin, but that was just one crash.

In regards about Citadel tower, I have gotten scaling to work in this area but there is more stuttering in this zone then pretty much any zone in the game.

Far as overall stuttering is concerned, it is light and day difference when compared to using Alot/Meutim of the latest version, was curious how the 2014 of Meutim would behave, Absolute staggering difference, although not perfect, Mass Effect 2, when it comes to overall stuttering, seems its quite a bit smoother in general(Without Dynamic Shadows).

Far's as overall scaling is concerned, Pretty much perfect scaling.

AA injection while playing/testing: 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA.

Its a very hungry setting that will even put today's gpu's to its knees.

Yes, I would have to say Absolute 110% insane scaling.

Certain Areas, might want to crank it down to 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA

For those who are interested in the bits in general and using similar setup as mine, my current working bits are as follows:

Ambient Occlusion Compatibility: 0x00000020 (Mass Effect)

Antialiasing Compatibility: 0x000010C1

Antialiasing Fix: ON

SLI Broadcast (DX9) Bits: 0x00000300

SLI Compatibility BITS: 0x83402C05

SLI Specific Hacks (DX9): 0x90000009

Please also have your rendering mode of choice:

AFR of SFR

IF doing 2-way/3-way sli:

Please change this hex within SLI Compatibility Bits:

0x0<<~~ Set to digit: 0, and rendering mode of choice, Either Autoselect or AFR2 will work.

Somethings I added/changed within BIOengine.ini:

[TextureStreaming]
    PoolSize=4000
    HysteresisLimit=30
    DropMipLevelsLimit=24
    StopIncreasingLimit=18
    StopStreamingLimit=12
    UseTextureFileCache=True
    FudgeFactorIncreaseRateOfChange=0.5
    FudgeFactorDecreaseRateOfChange=-0.4
    MinRequestedMipsToConsider=11
    MinTimeToGuaranteeMinMipCount=0
    MaxTimeToGuaranteeMinMipCount=0
    StaticTextureStreamingDistance=1

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
    MaxTranslucencyLayers=2
    MaxTextureSize=4096
    DisableHWShadowMaps=False
    BIOPixelShaderVersion=ps_5_0
    BIOVertexShaderVersion=vs_5_0

[AppCompat]
    CompatLevelComposite=3
    CompatLevelCPU=5
    CompatLevelGPU=3
    GPUVendorID=4318
    GPUDeviceID=5058
    CPUNumLogicalProcessors=8

[Engine.ISVHacks]
    bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
    UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True

Speaking about CPU 8 cores, Those of you who are running on more then 8 core or dual xeon system, please reduce the amount of total core to 4, so in the end: 4 cores/8 threads.

It seems to further improve stuttering issues with this game.

Far as riding with the MAKO(Vehicle), Only played for a bit, everything seems stutter free far as I can tell.

In regards about in-game cut-scenes/in-game interaction/dialogues,etc, far as I can tell, seems to be running pretty smooth.

So far, game is looking extremely promising, despite some stuttering here and there, game is shaping up to be one hell of a contender in the 4-way realm.

I will further check on this game for its overall stability and its performance.

Once that's done, I will do final conclusion on the game but going to be a bit.

Be sure to check back on the ongoing commitment of this game.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    MASS EFFECT 1(RE-VISITED) - DX9 TITLE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2400p+MEUTIM(CDAMJC) TEXTURE MOD+SGSSAA - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - PRELUDE TO FINAL CONCLUSION - 9/17/20:

I will be undergoing tremendous amounts of performance testing.

During the test: Test will be conducted @ a resolution of 3840x2400(4k/16:10 aspect ratio)

Both 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA

&

8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA.

There will be tons of stuff covered, I should be done in like 3-4 days or so, but in the meantime, have a gander at this video(Not Mine) in gearing up to the final conclusion of this game:

Stay tuned for results, thanks.

6. Matrices4

Matrices4 New Member

GPU:
    4-way 1080 Ti/11 GB
    It's very unfortunate and I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, and as I've said before I really appreciate your efforts to keeping 4-way SLI alive, but NVIDIA has effectively killed SLi support for RTX 3000 series cards and beyond, and only the RTX 3090 supports NVLink but it will likely not have any SLI support like the previous generations of cards did: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5082

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Thanks for your reply, and no, I didn't realize the nvlink connectors until you posted, thanks a bunch, so only on the 3090? Very interesting, Damn thing is a beast, no doubt about it. To fully take advantage of 2, everything has to be cranked way up to the max to see any real benefit. 2 of those bad boys = 8K's dream come true or is it????

Again, this is kinda off topic here but I have personally tested 8k on two previously owned(Only own one now), gtx 1080ti, and did custom hack dsr/8k(7680x4800), and it is working perfectly, some games I would say up to 30 fps if lucky, but yes, it is working.

Before going any further, Another off topic here, DSR, you all might want to take a note on this, Something I have never even discussed on this thread:

I notice when using DSR under 4-way sli(Maxwell cards), anything above your native resolution, Screen will do massive amounts of flickering, and even me messing with it, there is no way in the world to get rid of it, the only way to get rid of it is to do custom resolution, there is no way around it. Now with 2 1080ti's, I was able to upscale them through using custom dsr hack, all the way up to 8k(7680x4800/16:10 aspect ratio), and there is absolutely no flickering whatsoever, so going with 4x1080ti's = I am not to sure while using dsr, above native resolution will cause flickering, that I can not confirm because never owned more then 2.

Again, I really wanted to try out the 1080ti's(4 of them), but decided to play it safe and start out the 980ti's(Once everything is complete, going to take a long time from now) first, but I will be catching up to it, no doubt in my mind that I will be testing the pascal cards in the future, again, gonna be a long time from now, I really want to try it out one of these days just to see if it will work, again, before attempting anything, here's what I found, rather interesting:

First link shows under device manager, everything shows up properly but under NVCP, only shows 2-way being enabled(Probably not using the right sli bridge):

https://pcper.com/2016/06/geforce-g...-and-4-way-sli-will-not-be-enabled-for-games/

On the first link, that 4-way sli bridge connector, seems like its the same exact one I am using.

Next, I found out that you will need the right specific connectors for 3-way or 4-way sli to work, metal connector type, here(Please try to read everything/Apparently got it to work in the end):

https://forums.evga.com/3-way-SLI-GTX-1080-Ti-how-to-do-it-m2748218.aspx

And here's a video where he attempts to do 3-way gtx 1080 cards, only 2 is working, again, was it because of those metal connectors or something in the bios???:

And lastly, I didn't know this until recently, Man talk about: One hell of a 4-way sli system, and he got it to work, I PM'ed him and he said it only works for benchmarks and benchmarks only, it will not work anything else, I asked him about what connector he was using, he never replied to it:

https://forums.evga.com/RTX-2080-Ti-4way-SLi-set-by-yours-truly-m2954756.aspx

Here's also a pic I found, It could be that guy's 4-way rtx 2080ti's:

https://www.facebook.com/originpc/p...ou-do-with-all-that-gpu-po/10155908148317918/

Take a good look at it, Holy Sweet Jesus!!!

Again, don't be surprised to see if I personally will attempt to try out 3-way or 4-way gtx 1080ti's in the very near future, but again, I want to do things slowly and then move up, but don't be surprised if I do.

4 GTX 970's in 4-way sli if scaling is excellent = slightly faster then a single 2080ti, not by much though, judging a video I seen on yakuza 2 and my 4-way sli testing, kinda around neck to neck, so take that into consideration, and scaling in yakuza 2 under 4-way sli with my custom made profile = Excellent(Except for some scaling drag issues in certain spots/Pertains to only 3-way and 4-way sli systems).

Back to on topic, pheeww, sorry about that, Working very hard on the final conclusion to mass effect 1, You all don't want to miss this one out.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. Kozary

Kozary Member

GPU:
    980Ti triple SLI
    So i have been working on a few games (with the help of this thread) with my 3way SLI and found about 7 games so far that work really well with minor adjustments. Shadow warrior 2 seems to scale near on 100% per card pretty impressive.

Final Fantasy 15 i got to scale but having some issues with scaling dragging over time or in fights then not recovering and i want to fix it but I have a small issue about "unknown settings" I seem to be missing a few and i remember reading earlier in this thread that you could simply add them if you did not have them?

Cheers.

9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli

Thanks for the post, yes, I have worked on FF15 in the past but alot of anomalies were present, that was awhile back again, alot of things changed then, I may want to go back on it later.

FF15 did scale very good but alot of grahical anomalies, again, I might go back on it one time so be on a look out for it in the near future.

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    MASS EFFECT 1(RE-VISITED) - DX9 TITLE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2400p+MEUTIM(CDAMJC) TEXTURE MOD+SGSSAA - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - UPDATE - 9/20/20:

One more last thing that I want to mention before final conclusion will be posted up, which will be extremely soon as Majority of my testing is complete:

I will be testing some locations in this game, WITHOUT texture mods and will record the performance readings as there is Quite a bit less stuttering involved.

As a remainder to all, I can not stress this enough, even in gpu mode, with texture mods, resolution cranked all the way down, to like 1920x1200, no SGSSAA injection, there is still stuttering in this game, so under 4-way sli mode, I experienced stuttering in the same exact spots/location as in single gpu mode and the performance dips is obviously higher in 4-way mode, 2-way, there is still going to be hit but the dips is no where near as bad.

Majority of my test is going to be 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA & 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA @ 2400p with texture mods.

And yes, game is alot cleaner with it on, and of course in return drastic decrease in performance, well, no other choice, since its an old game, and need to fully utilize all 4 gpu's, they must be on, otherwise the scaling wont there for the most part, so it has to be used, at least X4 AA hybrid injection.

Especially using: 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA, Game's overall IQ(image Quality) is sharper then the sharpest blade, Significantly better what these consoles can ever do today, Absolutely Clean/Sharp as hell, SMH(Shaking my head).

As a added bonus(only in certain given areas), I personally conducted 2xMSAA + 2xSGSSAA, but I did not for all the other areas as the gpu usage was not putting enough load on all 4 gpu's, so I did not use it.

Also, as another added bonus, one particular area, I did all: 1 gpu mode, all the way to 4-way sli mode.

I am pretty much done doing performance testing with both of the SGSSAA injection with texture mod.

I am going to do without the texture mod, test only in some areas.

I have personally conducted TONS of tests in this game, everything will be up in the final conclusion of this game.

Look for it extremely soon.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    MASS EFFECT 1(RE-VISITED) - DX9 TITLE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2400p+MEUTIM(CDAMJC) TEXTURE MOD+SGSSAA - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - FINAL CONCLUSION PART #1- 9/22/20:

Before I start, those of you who wants to listen to the OST of this game while viewing this post, click on the bottom video(Not Mine):

Mass Effect Fans/Sli Tuners, here it is, the one that everyone has been waiting for.......

Re-tuned from the ground up for 4-way sli systems.

Let's get down to the nitty gritty of everything:

First I would like to say, Many thanks to Bioware for this game and the modders out their that has contributing everything in this game.

Ok, lets first talk about the overall tuning sensitivity of this game:

Overall tuning sensitivity of this game = Absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Far as overall stability while playing the game = Absolutely 100% rock hard stable, there was only one where I had a crash where after the conversation was over with Executive Pallin.

As I mentioned before about the stuttering issue, this also pertains to 1 gpu as well, usually it pertains in one specific given spot and location, it seems certain camera angle view while hitting these spots, doesn't seem to affect it, same goes for 4-way sli as well, but with the texture mod applied, the stuttering is more pronounced while under 4-way sli mode, but the most strangest thing of all is that:

For Example, under 4-way sli/4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA, if lets say, game is running 56 fps, then all the sudden I hit one of these drag spots, there is so many variables here, lets say it goes down to 35 or so, whats interesting is that, if you go way back to where you originally were, then go back hitting these drag spots, the dips is not as bad, in other words, 56 fps may go down to like 45 or so give or take, again, so many variables, but just explaining these in general.

And far as performance testing is concerned, as promised before, I have personally conducted performance test's with and without texture mods.

Speaking about texture mods in general, I had to use Meutim(2014) Texture mod, I can "NOT" use the latest version of ALOT/Meutim Texture Mod(Even setting at 2k Textures), as the stuttering difference between this and 2014 version of Metium is Absolutely Huge, there is absolutely no comparison between the two, so I had Absolutely no choice to use the 2014 version of Metium, as it was the only best viable option when choosing which texture mod to use.

Also, I tried everything I could, bit tuning/Bioengine.ini tuning,etc in hopes to fix the Extremely bad stuttering issue with the latest version of ALOT/Meutim, No can do, the stuttering is so extremely bad, that even at very low resolution(1920x1200), with no Hybrid AA injection applied, it was still doing its thing, again, no choice but to use 2014 version of Meutim.

Also, in Mass Effect 2(With or without no texture mods), Turning off the Dynamic Shadows, completely removes all stuttering, whereas, in Mass Effect 1(While using the latest version of Alot/Meutim texture mod), absolutely made no difference, even tried to lower the max shadow resolution to 512 within the Bioengine.ini, made no difference, again, this is with that Newest Alot/Meutim texture mod, even doing alot of the TextureStreaming tuning within the Bioengine.ini, made no difference.

In regards about In game cutscenes/dialogue,etc, with the texture mod applied, seems to be running extremely smooth, might get a stutter but the performance will come back very quickly, but overall, dialogues,cut-scenes runs extremely well.

Fast forward everything, lets move on to what Mass Effect fans/Sli tuners has have been waiting for: THE RESULTS...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First we will cover Static/Idle/No movement then we will move to Movement Patterns.

The static testing, Texture mod was applied during the time of the test, as well as Dynamic Shadows, also, Max Shadow Resolution through the BIOengine.ini was set to 2048.

ALL static testing was done in the same exact Spot/Camera Angle,etc to make sure everything is precise and correct.

As a remainder to all: "ALL" testing down below has been personally been conducted by me(A M D BugBear) an no one else, everything has been extremely and carefully monitored at all times, thank you.

Far as AA injection through Nvidia Inspector, I had to go higher then 2xMSAA + 2xSGSSAA as it was not giving enough load to all 4 gpu's, only some locations yes, but others no, as a heads up.

Abbreviations:

FPS: Frame Per Second),MS: FrameTime, MSAA: Multi-Scene AntiAliasing, SGSSAA: SparseGrid SuperSampling AntiAliasing

Let us begin please:

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/EDEN PRIME #1/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 17 FPS///MS: 56.5-62.9

4 GPU's: 65-66 FPS///MS: 13.7-16.5

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/EDEN PRIME #1/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 10 FPS///MS: 99.9-106.7

4 GPU's: 38/39 FPS///MS: 22.5-27

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/EDEN PRIME #2/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 14-15 FPS///MS: 63-74.7

4 GPU's: 56-57 FPS///13.8-19.3

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/EDEN PRIME #2/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 8 FPS///MS: 118-128.3

4 GPU's: 32 FPS///MS: 23-32.9

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/ONBOARD THE NORMADY SHIP #1/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 17-18 FPS///MS: 43.7-67.3

4 GPU's: 65-67 FPS///MS: 9.3-19

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/ONBOARD THE NORMADY SHIP #1/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 10-11 FPS///MS: 84.8-100.5

4 GPU's: 41-43 FPS///MS: 16.8-26.9

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/ONBOARD THE NORMADY SHIP #2/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 18-19 FPS///MS: 42.9-63.1

4 GPU'S: 64-70 FPS///MS: 10.3-25.8

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/ONBOARD THE NORMADY SHIP #2/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 12 FPS///MS: 75.8-94

4 GPU's: 45-46 FPS///MS:15.2-30.8

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/EXODUS CLUSTER/ASGARD/ASTEROID X57/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 13 FPS///MS: 70.3-85.1

4 GPU's: 49-50 FPS///MS: 18.1-22

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/EXODUS CLUSTER/ASGARD/ASTEROID X57/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 7 FPS///MS: 131.7-142.1

4 GPU's: 29-30 FPS///MS: 28.9-37

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/PRESIDUM/OUTSIDE VIEW/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 16 FPS///MS: 54.1-70.5

4 GPU's: 61-62 FPS///MS: 11.8-17.4

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/PRESIDUM/OUTSIDE VIEW/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 9-10 FPS///MS: 87.8-165.7

4 GPU's: 35-36 FPS///MS: 16.6-31.3

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/NOVERIA/PART HANSHAN PLAZA/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 16 FPS///MS: 58.1-70-1

4 GPU's: 60-61 FPS///MS: 14.9-17.5

STATIC/NO MOVEMENT/NOVERIA/PART HANSHAN PLAZA/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU: 9-10 FPS///MS: 95.4-114.7

4 GPU's: 37-38 FPS///MS: 21.4-33.7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next section:

Before I begin, This section here, I will cover without the texture mods as well, so you all can see the differences within the Min Fps and the 1% and .1 Lows, and yes, even the testing that was down without the texture mod, same exact movement pattern is done, thanks.

We will cover: Movement Patterns, ALL movement patterns from 1 gpu and 4 gpu's are done in the same exact precise manner, along with camera angle/view,etc, to ensure everything is 100% dead on accurate.

Very important remainder to all:

As before, due to the stuttering issues with this mod(2014 Meutim) and everything that was discussed about this issue earlier on, I will post the min fps then going back to the original location and hitting these minute/specific drag spots again as it seems to drastically improve performance, for example, if I loaded my saved game, I hit these a drag spot while under 4-way sli mode, lets say: 50 fps, then goes down to 35, going all the way back to where I started, looking at the min fps again, it may be 45 or so this time, again, I recorded everything down but there is lots of variables here, people need to understand this, so the initial drag from 50 could be 35, could be 30, and so on, same thing goes when going back to original location and hitting these specific spots to see if it will improve, there is lots of ups and downs on this, so please take this into consideration, without the texture mod, alot of this is non existent(Depending on location), If there is no improvement in fps after doing the movement pattern again, it won't be posted, thanks.

Let us begin please:

MOVEMENT PATTERN/EDEN PRIME #1/WITH 2014 MEUTIM MOD/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 15
    AVG FPS: 17
    MAX FPS: 20
    1% LOW: 14 FPS
    .1% LOW: 11 FPS
    MS: 49.1-68.1

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 52 FPS(INITIAL DRAG/59 FPS AFTER COMING BACK FROM ORIGINAL SPOT)
    AVG FPS: 64
    MAX FPS: 77
    1% LOW: 42
    .1% LOW: 9
    MS: 7-16.5

MOVEMENT PATTERN/EDEN PRIME #1/NO MODS USED/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 13
    AVG FPS: 15
    MAX FPS: 17
    1% LOW: 13 FPS
    MS: 55.7-86.5

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 50
    AVG FPS: 57
    MAX FPS: 66
    1% LOW: 41 FPS
    .1% LOW: 24 FPS
    MS: 5-21.8

MOVEMENT PATTERN/EDEN PRIME #1/WITH 2014 MEUTIM MOD/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 8
    MAX FPS: 12
    1% LOW: 8 FPS
    .1% LOW: 6 FPS
    MS: 84.3-126.3

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 31
    AVG FPS: 37
    MAX FPS: 47
    1% LOW: 27
    .1% LOW: 7 FPS
    MS: 21.1-30.7

MOVEMENT PATTERN/EDEN PRIME #1/NO MODS USED/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 7
    AVG FPS: 8
    MAX FPS: 10
    1% LOW: 7 FPS
    MS: 101.4-138.2

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 28
    AVG FPS: 33
    MAX FPS: 39
    1% LOW: 26 FPS
    .1% LOW: 23 FPS
    MS: 26.5-35.6

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ONBOARD THE NORMANDY/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4XSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 16
    AVG FPS: 19
    MAX FPS: 21
    1% LOW: 10 FPS
    .1% LOW: 8 FPS
    MS: 46.8-66.8

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 38(INITIAL DRAG/50 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT)
    AVG FPS: 72
    MAX FPS: 85
    1% LOW: 21 FPS
    MS: 19.1-28.6

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ONBOARD THE NORMANDY/NO MODS USED/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4XSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MAX FPS: 19
    MS: 52.7-84.8

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 58
    AVG FPS: 64
    MAX FPS: 71
    1% LOW: 41 FPS
    MS: 13.3-19.1

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ONBOARD THE NORMANDY/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8XSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 9
    AVG FPS: 12
    MAX FPS: 14
    .1% LOW: 3 FPS
    MS: 39.4-112+

4 GPU:

MIN FPS: 16(INITIAL DRAG/30 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT)
    AVG FPS: 46
    MAX FPS: 56
    .1% LOW: 5 FPS
    MS: 19.1-57.7

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ONBOARD THE NORMANDY/NO MODS USED/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8XSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

AVG FPS: 10
    MAX FPS: 11
    1% LOW: 8
    MS: 93.9-122.1

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 35
    AVG FPS: 40
    MAX FPS: 46
    MS: 21.6-37.5

ADDED BONUSES FOR ONBOARD NORMANDY MOVEMENT PATTERNS:

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ONBOARD THE NORMANDY/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8XSGSSAA/AFR2 RENDERING MODE:

4 GPUS:

MIN FPS: 21 FPS(RETURN TO ORIGINAL SPOT/REDUE TEST WAS NOT RECORDED, SORRY)
    AVG FPS: 46
    1% LOW: 12 FPS
    MS: 16.5-62.2

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ONBOARD THE NORMANDY/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4XSGSSAA:

2 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 23 FPS(INITIAL DRAG)/30 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT.
    AVG FPS: 37
    MAX FPS: 42
    .1% LOW: 4 FPS
    MS: 17.6-36.8

3 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 29 FPS(INITIAL DRAG)/43 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT.
    AVG FPS: 55
    MAX FPS: 63
    1% LOW: 11 FPS
    MS: 15.6-71.4

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ONBOARD THE NORMANDY/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8XSGSSAA:

2 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 19
    AVG FPS: 24
    MAX FPS: 29
    .1% LOW: 9 FPS
    MS: 33.2-66.6

3 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 21 FPS(INITIAL DRAG)/28 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT.
    AVG FPS: 35
    MS: 22+/60.2

MOVEMENT PATTERN/PRESIDUM/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

AVG FPS: 18
    1% LOW: 6 FPS
    MS: 44.6-67.8

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 19(INITIAL DRAG)/32 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT.
    AVG FPS: 61
    MAX FPS: 73
    1% LOW: 11
    MS: 8.6-30.3

MOVEMENT PATTERN/PRESIDUM/4K(2400p)/NO MODS USED/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 14
    AVG FPS: 36
    MAX FPS: 17
    .1% LOW: 11
    MS: 57+/68.8

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 44
    AVG FPS: 60
    MAX FPS: 68
    MS: 11-20.7

MOVEMENT PATTERN/PRESIDUM/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 6(INITIAL DRAG)/7 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT.
    AVG FPS:11
    1% LOW: 3 FPS
    .1% LOW: 2 FPS
    MS: 11.4-400.9

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 22(INITIAL DRAG)/29 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT.
    AVG FPS: 41
    MAX FPS: 52
    MS: 19-36.4

MOVEMENT PATTERN/PRESIDUM/4K(2400p)/NO MODS USED/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 7 FPS(8 FPS AFTER DUE TO LOADING DRAG)
    AVG FPS: 9
    MS: 94.6-113.6

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 30
    1% LOW: 25 FPS
    .1% LOW: 18 FPS
    MS: 22.1-41.7

MOVEMENT PATTERN/NOVERIA/PORT HANSHAN PLAZA/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

AVG FPS: 16
    MAX FPS: 18
    1% LOW: 9 FPS
    MS: 38.3-53.8

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 27(INITIAL DRAG)/51 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT.
    AVG FPS: 63
    MAX FPS: 69
    1% LOW: 14 FPS
    MS: 11.9-23

MOVEMENT PATTERN/NOVERIA/PORT HANSHAN PLAZA/4K(2400p)/NO MODS USED/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MAX FPS: 15
    .1% LOW: 10 FPS
    MS: 60.3-73.6

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 53
    AVG FPS: 57
    MAX FPS: 60
    1% LOW: 38 FPS
    .1% LOW: 23 FPS
    MS: 15.7-20.1

MOVEMENT PATTERN/NOVERIA/PORT HANSHAN PLAZA/2014 MEUTIM MOD /4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 7(INITIAL DRAG)/9 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT.
    AVG FPS: 11
    1% LOW: 4 FPS
    MS: 56.7-116.7

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 31
    AVG FPS: 39
    MAX FPS: 44
    MS: 23.9-53.8

MOVEMENT PATTERN/NOVERIA/PORT HANSHAN PLAZA/NO MODS USED/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MAX FPS: 9
    MS: 98.1-63.7

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 32
    AVG FPS: 35
    MAX FPS: 37
    .1% LOW: 20 FPS
    MS: 24.7-36.6

MOVEMENT PATTERN/NOVERIA/PEAK 15 AREA/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 11
    MS: 56.3-65.3

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 42
    MAX FPS: 74
    1% LOW: 39 FPS
    .1% LOW: 10 FPS
    MS: 14.3-19.9

MOVEMENT PATTERN/NOVERIA/PEAK 15 AREA/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MS: 93.8-121.1

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 24
    1% LOW: 21 FPS
    MS: 24.9-29.1

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ZHU's HOPE/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MS: 43.2-71.9

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 41(INITIAL DRAG)/44 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT.
    AVG FPS: 65
    MAX FPS: 75
    1% LOW: 17 FPS
    MS: 5.6-31.8

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ZHU's HOPE/4K(2400p)/NO MODS USED/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MS: 54.4-86.9

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 49
    MAX FPS: 70
    1% LOW: 33 FPS
    MS: 13.2-55

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ZHU's HOPE/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

1% LOW: 5 FPS
    MS: 81.2-189.9

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 26(INITIAL DRAG)/27 FPS AFTER RETURNING FROM ORIGINAL SPOT.
    AVG FPS: 38
    MS: 9.9-35.8

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ZHU's HOPE/4K(2400p)/NO MODS USED/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MS: 54.4-86.9

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 49
    1% LOW: 33 FPS
    MS: 13.2-55

MOVEMENT PATTERN/ZHU's HOPE/4K(2400p)/NO MODS USED/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MS: 94-135.6

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 30
    AVG FPS: 38
    MAX FPS: 43
    1% LOW: 25 FPS
    MS: 21.3-32.3

MOVEMENT PATTERN/VOYAGE CLUSTER/AMAZON/PLANET: ABEBINIUM/INSIDE TUNNELING SYSTEM/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

AVG FPS: 19
    1% LOW: 15 FPS
    .1% LOW: 14 FPS
    MS: 52.6-68

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 61
    AVG FPS: 67
    MAX FPS: 75
    1% LOW: 54
    .1% LOW: 49 FPS
    MS: 13.8-17.5

MOVEMENT PATTERN/VOYAGE CLUSTER/AMAZON/PLANET: ABEBINIUM/INSIDE TUNNELING SYSTEM/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MS: 86.9-108

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 35
    AVG FPS: 45
    MAX FPS: 45
    1% LOW: 34 FPS
    .1% LOW: 30 FPS
    MS: 23.9-28.7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section will cover while driving the Vehicle: MAKO

During Performance testing in these areas while using the MAKO, I experienced Virtually no stuttering while using the 2014 Metium mod, Some areas and their very distinct spots, you will experience a stutter but for the most part, should have absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

MOVEMENT PATTERN/HAWKING ETA CLUSTER/CENTURY/PRESROP/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

.1% LOW: 12 FPS
    MS: 59.5-72.6

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 52
    AVG FPS: 62
    1% LOW: 51 FPS
    .1% LOW: 43 FPS
    MS: 14.6-18

MOVEMENT PATTERN/HAWKING ETA CLUSTER/CENTURY/PLANET: PRESROP/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MS: 92.8-137.5

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 32
    AVG FPS: 41
    MAX FPS: 50
    1% LOW: 20
    MS: 19.8-50.4

MOVEMENT PATTERN/HADES GAMMA CLUSTER/ANTAEUS/PLANET: TREBIN/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

AVG FPS: 12
    MS: 67.7-98

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 41
    AVG FPS: 49
    1% LOW: 39 FPS
    .1% LOW: 35 FPS:
    MS: 17.6-25.4

MOVEMENT PATTERN/HADES GAMMA CLUSTER/ANTAEUS/PLANET: TREBIN/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 5
    AVG FPS: 7
    MAX FPS: 9
    MS: 1.7-77.8

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 21
    AVG FPS: 32
    MAX FPS: 34
    MS: 1.7-77.8

Next test covers everything from zooming out to all the way in/engaging battle, everything imaginable to put the gtx 970's to its absolute knees, "ONLY": 4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA and as a ADDED BONUS: 2xMSAA+2xSGSSAA will be used.

MOVEMENT PATTERN/NOVERIA/ALEUTSK/HEADING TOWARDS PEAK 15/ENAGING BATTLE/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 6
    .% LOW: 6 FPS
    MS: 64.7-160.6

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 25
    AVG FPS: 45
    MAX FPS: 61
    1% LOW: 23 FPS
    MS: 16.4-45.1

ADDED BONUS:

MOVEMENT PATTERN/NOVERIA/ALEUTSK/HEADING TOWARDS PEAK 15/ENGAGING BATTLE/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM)/2xMSAA+2xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 17
    AVG FPS: 25
    MAX FPS: 38
    1% LOW: 16 FPS
    .1% LOW: 14 FPS
    MS: 26.5-64.5

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 58
    AVG FPS: 95
    MAX FPS: 125
    1% LOW: 50 FPS
    .1% LOW: 19 FPS
    MS: 7.6-16.5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the amount of space I can type, please move on to part 2, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    MASS EFFECT 1(RE-VISITED) - DX9 TITLE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2400p+MEUTIM(CDAMJC) TEXTURE MOD+SGSSAA - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - FINAL CONCLUSION PART #2- 9/22/20:

Due to the lack of space, please scroll up to part 1 at this time, thanks.

This section will cover in-game cut-scenes and the main intro(2 parts) to this game. There is a specific point in intro Part 2, I had to skip a bit as there is a HUGE single stutter(When it was shifting to another scene), this is while using the 2014 Meutim texture mod ,so I had to skip that specific drag, the one without the texture mod, intro part 2 has everything in it, nothing is taken out during the test. The in-game dialogue/cut-scene is where Shepard first becomes a specter, I have recorded everything during this dialogue/scene from beginning to the very end of it, Only exception is the single burp that throws everything out of whack in the beginning of the scene, with texture mods of course.

Abbreviations:

FPS: Frame Per Second),MS: FrameTime, MSAA: Multi-Scene AntiAliasing, SGSSAA: SparseGrid SuperSampling AntiAliasing

MAIN INTRODUCTION PART #1/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 17
    1% LOW: 17 FPS
    .1% LOW: 17 FPS
    MS: 50.8-58.8

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 68
    MAX FPS: 76
    1% LOW: 56 FPS
    .1% LOW: 49 FPS
    MS: 12-16.1

MAIN INTRODUCTION PART #2/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MAX FPS: 24
    MS: 44.6-70.1

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 46
    AVG FPS: 79
    MAX FPS: 93
    1% LOW: 30 FPS
    MS: 8.8-23.1

MAIN INTRODUCTION PART #1/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 10
    MS: 60.5-95.4

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 40
    AVG FPS: 42
    1% LOW: 36 FPS
    .1% LOW: 33 FPS
    MS: 22.6-26.5

MAIN INTRODUCTION PART #2/4K(2400p)/2014 MEUTIM MOD/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MS: 77.5-116+

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 22
    MAX FPS: 55
    MS: 12.4-28+

MAIN INTRODUCTION PART #1/4K(2400p)/NO MODS USED/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 18
    1% LOW: 16 FPS
    .1% LOW: 12 FPS
    MS: 51.6-54.8

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 68
    MAX FPS: 74
    1% LOW: 60 FPS
    .1% LOW: 54 FPS
    MS: 13.1-14.8

MAIN INTRODUCTION PART #2/4K(2400p)/NO MODS USED/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MAX FPS: 24
    MS: 43.1-73.8

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 42
    AVG FPS: 71
    MAX FPS: 94
    1% LOW: 35 FPS
    MS: 11.4-42.8

MAIN INTRODUCTION PART #1/4K(2400p)/NO MODS USED/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 10
    MS: 87-97.7

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 40
    1% LOW: 37 FPS
    .1% LOW: 32 FPS
    MS: 21.5-25.3

MAIN INTRODUCTION PART #2/4K(2400p)/NO MODS USED/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MS: 73-125.8

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 23
    MAX FPS: 55
    1% LOW: 24 FPS
    MS: 20.9-30.4

And the very last performance test, Where Shepard becomes a Specter.

As a remainder once again during this particular test, Everything from beginning to end of this dialogue/cut-scene has been carefully recorded, there is one exception during this test, under 4-way sli mode, I had to skip one particular spot during the cut-scene(right in the beginning), there is a slight burp that throws everything out of whack, so I only tested right after that.

COMMANDER BECOMES A SPECTER/SAREN'S EVIDENCE EXPOSED/ENTIRE SCENE/4K(2400p)/4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

MAX FPS: 23
    MS: 43.1-90.6

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 43
    AVG FPS: 66
    MAX FPS: 89
    1% LOW: 36 FPS
    MS: 11.6-24.6

COMMANDER BECOMES A SPECTER/SAREN'S EVIDENCE EXPOSED/ENTIRE SCENE/4K(2400p)/8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA:

1 GPU:

1% LOW: 6 FPS
    MS: 77.1-177

4 GPU's:

MIN FPS: 24
    1% LOW: 18 FPS
    MS: 5.5-37.9

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section covers the bits needed for this game to work properly.

Before going any further, I had personally tried the latest quadro drivers(392.xx branch) in the beginning and it seems to be working fine, however, vast majority of all my test was using a very old quadro drivers: 387.95, and was tested on RS2 win 10 x64(15063.V1703)-RTM, so I can not fully guarantee its overall performance nor stability, so to be utmost safe, please these requirements before you continue.

As another remainder to those who owns 4-way sli system similar to mine:

Please use drivers/branch before 44x.xx for 4-way sli to even work properly, as I tested vast majority of 44x.xx/45x.xx/46x.xx, they "ALL" do not work, 4-way sli will work, prior drivers/branch before 44x.xx, example: any of the 43x.xx branch will work. regardless of game, period, so for this reason, please only use branch before 44x.xx to make 4-way sli to function properly, please remember this, absolutely very important.

If you have tried a driver and 4-way is working for you but encounter some problems along the way, please feel free to PM me or leave post, I will further investigate the issue, thanks.

Before going into nvidia inspector, first make some changes to the BIOengine and your Cpu Cores in general.

For some reason, this game seems to have better stuttering stability if set to 4 cores/8 threads, I am running on dual xeon 24 core/48 threads, so had to tone it way down, so intel users, please switch your core count to 4 cores/8 threads, for amd users: I have found some stuff but I don't know if it will apply to the amd cpu's today, worth having this a look:

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/181

First, grab a copy of LAA(Large Address Aware), it a complete must, otherwise the game will crash unexpectedly(Applies to with and without the 2014 Meutim mod:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

Next, open up your BIOengine and insert the following changes in its respectful place:

[Engine.Engine]
    MinShadowResolution=64
    MaxShadowResolution=2048

[Engine.GameEngine]
    MinShadowResolution=64
    MaxShadowResolution=2048

[SystemSettings]
    Distortion=True
    StaticDecals=TRUE
    DynamicDecals=TRUE
    DynamicLights=TRUE
    DynamicShadows=TRUE
    LightEnvironmentShadows=TRUE
    CompositeDynamicLights=FALSE
    ShadowFilterQualityBias=0
    DirectionalLightMaps=TRUE
    MotionBlur=TRUE
    DepthOfField=TRUE
    Bloom=TRUE
    QualityBloom=TRUE
    SpeedTreeLeaves=TRUE
    SpeedTreeFronds=TRUE
    OnlyStreamInTextures=FALSE
    LensFlares=TRUE
    FloatingPointRenderTargets=TRUE
    Trilinear=TRUE
    SkeletalMEshLODBias=0
    ParticleLODBias=0
    DetailMode=2
    ShadowFilterQualityBias=0
    MaxAnisotropy=16
    ScreenPercentage=100

[TextureStreaming]
    PoolSize=999999999
    HysteresisLimit=30
    DropMipLevelsLimit=24
    StopIncreasingLimit=18
    StopStreamingLimit=12
    UseTextureFileCache=True
    FudgeFactorIncreaseRateOfChange=0.5
    FudgeFactorDecreaseRateOfChange=-0.4
    MinRequestedMipsToConsider=11
    MinTimeToGuaranteeMinMipCount=0
    MaxTimeToGuaranteeMinMipCount=0
    StaticTextureStreamingDistance=1

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
    MaxTranslucencyLayers=2
    MaxTextureSize=4096
    DisableHWShadowMaps=False
    BIOPixelShaderVersion=ps_5_0
    BIOVertexShaderVersion=vs_5_0

[AppCompat]
    CompatLevelComposite=3
    CompatLevelCPU=5
    CompatLevelGPU=3
    GPUVendorID=4318
    GPUDeviceID=5058
    CPUNumLogicalProcessors=8

[Engine.ISVHacks]
    bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
    UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True

Other misc stuff but not required:

[DevOptions.Shaders]
    bAllowMultiThreadedShaderCompile=True
    ThreadedShaderCompileThreshold=8

Reason for the staggering pool size, figured I gave this a shot:

https://www.gog.com/forum/rise_of_t...ure_streaming_removal_tutorial_gogcom_edition

Either or, it will behave more then likely the same, I have tried: 4000, seems to be the same, but I left it to: 999999999.

EDIT: Alot of these parameters I never tried. I just personally tried this and played the game with 2014 Meutim mod, as expected, same stuttering results as before, so don't even bother, it may or may not work for your system, worth a try though.

Please use this version of nvidia inspector, for me, it has done wonders for me, this is the ONLY version I use and my preferred choice:

https://github.com/DeadManWalkingTO/NVidiaProfileInspectorDmW/releases/tag/v3.5.0.0

After downloading the program, open up the program and look for the profile: Mass Effect and make the following changes below:

1 - Compatibility:

Ambient Occlusion Compatibility: 0x00000020 (Mass Effect)

Antialiasing Compatibility: 0x000010C1

Antialiasing fix: ON

SLI Broadcast (DX9) Bits: 0x00000300

SLI Compatibility Bits (DX9): 0x83402C05(Please switch this hex: 0x0<<~~ to the digit 0 for 1 gpu mode to 3-way sli, switch to digit 8 for 4-way sli systems ONLY.

SLI Specific Hacks (DX9): 0x90000009

3 - Antialiasing

Antialiasing - Line Gamma: Enabled

Antialiasing - Mode: Override any application setting

Antialiasing Setting: Either [4x Multisampling] or 8xQ [8x Multisampling], please keep SparseGrid SuperSampling Antialiasing the same X as the MSAA, very important.

Antialiasing - Transparency Multisampling: Enabled

Antialiasing - Transparency Multisampling - Setting: 0x00000003 C4X_TC - (Quality mode) spawns 4 shader copies, averages r,g,b, and alpha (only texcoords are adjusted).

Antialiasing - Transparency SuperSampling: Either 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling or 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling,
    please keep SparseGrid SuperSampling Antialiasing the same X as the MSAA, very important.

4 - Texture Filtering:

Texture Filtering Lod Bias (DX): for 4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA, try setting it to either: -0.750/0.875. For 8xMSAA+8xSGSSAA, try setting it to: -1.500

- 5 Common:

Ambient Occlusion Setting: Performance

Ambient Occlusion Usage: Enabled

Optimize for compute performance: ON

6 - SLI:

Antialiasing - SLI AA: Disabled

Disable SLI (Explicitly set through NVAPI): If operating in 4-way sli and want to do 1 gpu mode, please set this to: 0x00000001, otherwise, leave it to 0x00000000.

# of GPU's to use in SLI rendering mode: Please set the amount of gpu's you want to use, if using 4, set it to: FOUR

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use in SLI rendering mode(DX9): Please set the amount of gpu's you want to use, if using 4, set it to: FOUR.

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode: If using 2-way/3-way sli systems, please switch to AFR2, for 4-way sli system: Switch it to AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

SLI rendering mode: If using 2-way/3-way sli systems, please switch to AFR2, for 4-way sli system: Switch it to AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

8 - Extra:

Leave as is(Factory Settings), do not modify any settings.

Unknown or NVIDIA predefined unknown settings:

Leave as is(Factory Settings), do not modify any settings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL CONCLUSION:

Been a very good pleasure having to re-work this game from the ground up.

Fast forward a well over a year, here it is once again, another game I wanted to personally test on and gather results.

First lets talk about the overall scaling:

The overall scaling this game is an absolute beast to be reckoned with, the sheer force while operating 4-way sli is absolutely staggering to say at least.

Overall stability of the game: Everything from what I understand, is 100% rock solid, only one time it crashed on me and that is with Executive Pallin, right after the first conversation.

Overall Tuning of this game: Hard as Steel, Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Lets mention about stuttering a bit in this game:

Even without using the 2014 Meutim mod, you will still experience some stuttering in the same spot as you would do with the texture mod, also applies to 1 gpu as well, I did everything I could, from disabling dynamic shadows(Helped the stuttering completely in Mass Effect 2 + texture mods), from TextureStreaming Parameters within BIOengine.ini, from lowering Min and Max shadow resolution to 512 within BIOengine.ini, lowering resolution all the way down to 1200p(1920x1200), with or without AA injection, it does not matter, I did what I could and its a no go, but the stuttering is significantly better then the latest version of ALOT/Meutim by a long shot, but for more complete smooth game, I highly recommend not using the 2014 Meutim mod, with the texture mod applied, its still ran very very well, the stuttering here and there could get kinda annoying, but what was very interesting is that: once hit these drag/specific spots, when you go way back to where you originally started then venture to these drag spots again, the dips is no where near as bad, its still there but not as bad, every area/location is going to be very different in their reaction.

Far as the in-game cut-scenes and doing dialogue(Engaging conversation to npc's) and such, everything seems to be running smooth, might get a burp here and there but it will quickly go back to normal(Peak Performance),

Graphic Anomalies: You all gonna love this one:

There is absolutely none, there is one particular one I caught off guard, during when Saren talks to Nihlus in Eden Prime, off in the distance, top right hand corner, the trees seems to have some flashing anomaly but nothing serious, you probably won't spot it unless you really look at it, other then that, there is NONE.

In regards about 1% and .1% low's, its not the best out there that I have done, as you can see, with the texture mod applied, it does make it worse, again, even if the resolution was cranked all the way down to 1200p and no AA injection, it will still do its thing, just as bad pretty much, whereas while doing quick testing of mass effect 2, some places, dynamic shadows has to be turned off, once off, the game is basically stutter free, and this was tested using the latest ALOT/MEUTIM texture mod, so I would love to do some testing on this game in the near future.

FINAL RECOMMENDATION UNDER 4-WAY SLI + MSAA+SGSSAA @ 4K(2400p):

Despite the issues with stuttering with 2014 meutim, I will still highly recommend using it. Your going to see vast improvements in the charc texture detail with the mod, far's the background, I didn't see to much change, maybe some touch up here and there but most noticeable difference will be the texture detail on the characters themselves.

So to wrap things up:

4-way sli + 2014 Meutim mod + MSAA+SGSSAA: Absolutely yes, give it a try, regardless of the stuttering issue, I would still highly recommend it.

4-way sli without no texture mod applied + MSAA+SGSSAA: Absolutely yes, this one is the crown jewel, Mass Effect is at the top the pedestal(one of them), even at stock textures, still looks great along with the hybrid AA injection.

8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA = Not really necessary, it was mainly used for testing purposes only.

If your looking for the utmost Crisp/Sharp, sharper then the sharpest blade, and don't mind the sacrifice in the performance dept., this setting is for you, still moves very very well, but if your after Performance along with Very nice Clean IQ(Image Quality), I would personally stick to the 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA route, either or, I highly recommend under 4-way sli, SGSSAA will help remove the shimmering in trees, certain distances on objects,fences,etc, yes, make a HUGE difference in overall image quality.

So yes, both situations, I will give it 2 thumbs up, Highly recommend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPU USED: 4 GIGABYTE GTX 970'S(WINDFORCE).

GPU DRIVER USED: Modified Quadro Drivers: 392.61(In the beginning), Vast majority of testing and through the end of test: Modified Quadro Drivers: 387.95.

OS used: RS2 WIN 10 x64(15063.v1703)RTM+2108 UPDATE.

SYSTEM RAM UTILIZATION: Near 10gb.

STORAGE USED: SABRENT: ROCKET Q NVME(1TB).

MOTHERBOARD USED: ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS

CPU USED: DUAL XEON(E5 2670 V3) 12 Core/24 Threads(each cpu), Changed to 4 core/8 thread to help with stuttering issues.

CPU UTILITY USED: THROTTLESTOP

INTEL CHIPSET DRIVER USED: 10.1.18010.8141+10.1.18263.8193 update.

Total Tuning Time, Including: Overall Stability Checks, Performance Monitoring, Bit Tuning/UE3 Parameter Tuning,etc, About 30 hrs.

To end everything, here is one more video as a special tribute(Not Mine) to this game:

See you all back on Mortal Shell.

In the future, I will be doing Mass Effect 2, completely re-tuned from the ground up.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Kozary likes this.
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - CURRENT STATS - UPDATE - 9/24/20:

Current stats thus far:

A little while ago, I manage to successfully stabilize the graphic anomalies, after the first area of the game.

You will appear in a forest like type area, it is in this area, that I had lots of flashing textures,etc problems, now I have finally gotten to where its very stable, the only thing flashes a bit is the water puddle on the ground.

I had to go back to my custom MechWarrior V's profile as a reference, as well as the game called Echo, Both uses UE4 as well as this game.

For those of you who are tuning this game in 4-way sli:

Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00000<<~~ Please set this to 2, this will help further stabilize the graphic anomalies down a bit.

Also, Under Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x00000<<~~, Now set to the letter: C, the digit 3, which I was using before, causes very fast and bright flashing anomaly, I can not get rid of it.

To get started, look back on to my echo profile, Please use the 8 - Extra and the unknown ID settings from that profile I made awhile back, Check PG. 16, scroll down to where you see the final conclusion to ECHO, then, here is my current working bits(Test only on GTX 970):

SLI Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x10000C05

SLI Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8B9A25F5

SLI Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0xD8000B65

Please toy around with both of your effects and shadow quality, to the point where alot of the graphic anomalies is neutralized.

There is one problem in the beginning, the water, I can get everything stabilized but the water at times, appears to be missing, so just heads up on it.

Also, you might experience, even during the title screen, Low fps with max gpu usage, just toy around with your effect and shadow settings until everything settles down.

But things are looking pretty decent with this game.

Mortal Shell is still currently:

=====WORK IN PROGRESS=====

14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    MORTAL SHELL - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - OVERALL GRAPHIC STABILIZATION PROGRESS - UPDATE - 9/25/20:

More great news coming along with this game.

I can confirm now, that I have completely neutralized the graphic flashing/texture flashing anomaly in area 2, still working on the disappear/reappearing of the water puddle spots.

Also, In-game AA is working from what I understand, also, under 4-way sli, you will see a slight blur trail left behind while playing(If AA is set to high/utra) but it is working.

In the last post, I commented on the current working bits I am using, please use those under 4-way sli, but make the following changes below:

Under Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x00000<<~~ Change this to the digit 3.

&

Under Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x):

0x0<<~~ Change this hex to letter A.

Upon starting up the game, on the title screen, you will see massive flashing consist of white/greenish looking color, do NOT continue your saved game right off the back as you will be stuck with this anomaly, some of this technique I learned from MechWarrior V.

Soon as you get into the title screen, Change the following things in order:

Effect setting to ultra then back to medium

Shadow to medium then back to low.

Speaking about shadows, on the title screen, you will notice that if your toggling your shadow effect to high, you will notice the 4-way scaling will be at peak performance, we don't want that just yet as doing so, prior to continuing your saved game, you will have a crash, and the % is basically 100% on my side, so toggle medium then back to low.

Then load up your saved game, you should see virtually all graphic anomaly is completely neutralized with the exception of disappearing/reappearing graphic anomaly of the water puddles and such.

Soon as load your saved game, once on, your scaling is not quite in 4-way scaling potential, its from here you go to your graphic setting, toggle your shadow quality to high, now you should see scaling like absolutely no tomorrow, then switch it to your desired setting, I would leave it on low for now as I am still very early tuning this game.

So far looking very very good, now I am just working on the frame pacing/stuttering stuff.

Stuttering is more on area 2 then area 1, area 1 basically none, only a few, so hard at working on these issues.

Be sure to check further updates on the ongoing commitment of this game.

EDIT:

Under 4-way sli mode, please use ONLY the following rendering mode until further notice:

SFR rendering mode

AFR of SFR does work but my entire focus is on SFR, SFR seems to have very slight better overall performance, also just heads up, using the latest 392.xx quadro branch drivers:

Please use that specific drivers for this game, thanks.

Mortal Shell is still currently:

~~>>Work in progress<<~~

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    COUNTDOWN TO THE 980ti's - GAME #6 out of 30 - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 9/25/20:

Another game that caught my attn. and the next game I will be working on.

Main focus is on Mortal Shell at the moment, I'll be working on this game as well.

Here are some videos(Not Mine):

Early trailer demos(Game still under development):

I'll be checking this game out, so stay tuned.

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 1ST UPDATE - 9/26/20

1st update for this game:

To start, this game uses the Unity engine.

First lets start when launching the game:

Make 100% sure that your in fullscreen mode at all times when upon launching this game or you will get a BSOD and that is a guarantee.

For those who looking into tuning 3-way sli or more with this game, to speed things up while tuning, Always start under 1 gpu mode first as if the screen is under borderless or windows mode upon starting up the game, you will experience a BSOD and the level of this frequency is 100%, so be very strongly aware of this situation.

Once your in the game within 3-way or 4-way sli, and you want to exit out the game, DO NOT exit out the game naturally as you might get a complete 100% stall and a hard reset will be needed, instead, the most safest way is to do:

ALT+CNTRL+DEL then sign off, works 100% of the time.

Then, before you even thinking about going back on the game under sli mode in general, you "MUST" have the game under 1 gpu mode as when you get back on the game after signing off, you will be in borderless mode.

To speed things up, under 1 gpu mode, after you start the game once again, the game will be in borderless mode, hit ALT+ENTER to go back into full screen, wait until you see the Tiny Build Logo during start up, once you do, hit your windows button key, you will see the icons on bottom of the screen, right click on the game's icon then exit out, go back to nvidia inspector and set it back to 4-way sli, you MUST do this every single time, there is no way around it, IF your tuning 3-way or 4-way sli.

You can use either SFR or AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

Yes, 4-way sli is infact working with this game but a rise in your resolution is a must to keep the scaling well packed down.

For starters, the farthest custom resolution I can take is 4434x2771 and set the textures to half, scaling when facing specific direction is excellent, certain direction/what you are viewing,etc needs more tuning.

Far as stuttering is concerned, there is some on 4-way sli that could be bit bothersome, whereas, under 3-way sli mode, there is virtually none.

Also, TAA is infact working under 4-way sli but I am getting the same, similar anomaly that was in MechWarrior V, the bouncing like anomaly, but it is working.

3-way on the otherhand, TAA looks cleaner but while your moving your camera around, there seems to be a slight blur trail, but overall, 3-way sli seems best choice at this point.

Please have your shadows off under sli mode as your scaling will be reduced, best to keep it off, all others you can check, also please have motion blur off as your charc will look all blurred out.

Just to let everyone know, 1 GTX 970, everything maxed out @ 3840x2400 produces about 25 fps or so in the beginning.

So 3-way sli will be more then enough for this game.

If you want to use 3-way sli, please switch your sli rendering to: Autoselect.

As of now, please stick to 3-way sli mode until I further improve: 4-way sli performance/stability.

Current working bits:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: Not Used

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8B07E5F5(for 2-way or 3-way sli, please switch the hex: 0x0<<~~ to the digit 0, thanks).

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x00000B00

17. Kozary

Kozary Member

GPU:
    980Ti triple SLI
    Im not sure if this will be useful for hellpoint but using 3dcenter's hellblade senua's sacrifice sli bits work very well in every unity game i have tested, tried upto 3 way. The only small issue i found in one game with unity is intermittent disappearing/flashing objects like grass or small rocks I never fixed it nor was it obnoxious. Was 100% stable.

broadcast - 0x0000100A
    compat - 0x080020F5
    hack - 0x00010000

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    Matrices4 likes this.
  18. Matrices4

Matrices4 New Member

GPU:
    4-way 1080 Ti/11 GB
    This is extremely useful information, as I've been trying to get Unity games scaling in 3-way and 4-way SLI with 1080 Tis for a very long time, I play VRChat a lot, which is built on top of Unity, and would really like to see it scaling. Thanks for the tidbit, along with the guys over at 3dcenter for supplying the bits as well as everyone else here!

19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli

Ok, I looked at this site:

https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11455083&postcount=2622

Judging how the bits look, nope.

The ending portion, F1, just by looking at that, it will flat out wont work, usually I use F5 or if some rare cases, F6.

The ending: F1, will not work under 4-way sli, 100% will not work.

Also 0x0<<~~ 8 is a must if doing 4-way, anything under, the digit: 0 will work perfectly.

0x080020f1 is the hellblade that the site has up

First of all, in some games, 0x00000<<~~ 2 will work and will help get rid of mostly all known graphical anomalies and or might experience some sli scaling performance reduction but in most cases on my side, either 1,7,A,E will work but in turn, graphic anomalies will be present, again, every game will be different, regardless if the game is running on the same engine, doesn't matter, all games will react very different, some very similar or very different.

I usually try to start with 1 or E, if the graphic anomalies is to much and to hard to control, I usually go with 2 and go from there.

Like in mortal shell/Mechwarrior V case, 0x00002<<~~ this digit within this hex here, it is a must to help neutralize certain massive graphic anomaly but in turn, depending on game, some or to drastic reduction in overall scaling performance, this is where Sli Broadcast/Sli Specific hacks tuning comes into play, I try not to miss with 8 - extra or the unknown ID settings unless I have to.

Far as 0x00<<~~ is concerned, usually, within my 4-way sli tuning, digit 9, and the letters, A,B,C,D,E will work, in some games, like MechWarrior V, it is required for 4-way sli to function properly.

I don't usually use the digit 8, normally 9 through D. B usually works pretty good(Depending on game) A will work too.

Far as the unknown ID settings that the site has up, I don't have within the nvidia inspector, alot of it has to do with drivers as well but can easily do so by export option:

Export all driver profiles (NVIDIA text format).

Then I open it with a notepad, make proper adjustments, then load up profile, all good to go.

Again, I hardly ever look up for reference on anything, everything is done all on my own.

Far as how I learned 4-way sli tuning from the very beginning, understand how bits work in general, how each specific hex within the bits work, the implications,etc,etc, all that was done all on my own, with absolutely no reference look up whatsoever.

I might very rarely go on 3d-center sli stuff for reference and or doing massive tuning for ue4 based game and looking up certain parameters and such but other then that, nope, all on my own.

Besides, most of those bits that they have up is for turing based gpu's, again, I might look a game up for reference, but in almost 100% of the time, I never look up anything for any game. I pretty much learned everything as time goes by.

4-way sli compared to lesser sli(Tuning speaking) is like looking directly at the sun, then all the sudden your looking into a very very dark well, there is absolutely no comparison, some games might not be that bad from 3-way to 4-way, but some games were utter hell, Phoenix Point, that game was a total nightmare, no doubt about it, probably top 3 hardest one to tune under 4-way sli, it is way beyond insanity level.

And yes, thanks for the reply.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - STUCK ON RETRIEVING DATA ON TITLE SCREEN FIX - UPDATE - 9/27/20:

I forgot to mention about this eariler, extremely important, for those who's playing this game in general and happened to get the retrieving data and appears to be stuck, this will work for you:

Go to this location on your pc: C:\Users\ [user] \AppData\LocalLow\Cradle Games\Hellpoint

Delete the Hellpoint folder, relaunch the game, all good to go, and no, you won't lose your save data.

I would also highly recommend putting the cradle game folder to your desktop as shortcut for more easier access as you will come across this situation from time to time, can be bit annoying, others had this same problem as well, thanks again.