Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Personally, I would keep the 1080ti's for now and keep them until some kind of refresh version in the future, 2 1080ti's is still a dang beast, is it worth 800 bucks for my aio, Absolutely yes, every single penny, Looking into evga's shopping area, the hybrid version of the 2080ti cost to much, 1399??? can kiss it, 2 1080ti with xoc bios would eat it for lunch, so therefore I am holding back on this, until some kind of refresh version comes out in the future, I am holding off of the 2080ti this time around, looking for something different in the future, not worth upgrading, that's just me though, would love to test the 2080ti though but thinking about passing on this time around.

Not only that, My runs Extremely cool, Sometimes underneath 40c under full load, since its going to get warmer here, higher temps will be very apparent, and thats with the XOC bios, so that is extremely impressive from an aio setup and also running a push and pull configuration with 2 scythe fans rated at around 110CFM and yes they are always running 100% at all times.

Think about it: 2 2080ti hybrids for a Whopping over priced 2,800,00 usd, OR 3 1080ti Hybrid's With XOC bios(Through Bios Flashing) for Only 2,400,00?? that's 400 usd difference, The difference is clear as day, if you want price to performance ratio, the 1080ti equipped with XOC bios or Shunt Mod is KING!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Right about now, I could completely careless about DLSS and Ray tracing, hell, the fact that it can run ray tracing in real time is absolutely incredible, but the performance hit is not worth it at the moment, as time progress, future cards, I might think about it. Ray Tracing in real time with gpu's is still in its infancy, as time progress, better implementation and performance will be apparent, so I am waiting, could completely careless about it at this point, despite me being all Image quality, Passing this time around until future cards and better implementation as time goes by

Far as DLSS goes, I saw some things on it, saw some difference between TXAA and DLSS on Final fantasy 15, Although DLSS provides better performance, The TXAA provides Much better overall image quality, SGSSAA+MSAA from what I have observed, Spanks it. Still in its infancy, as time progress, it will be better implemented.

I'll stick to the old fashion MSAA+Sgssaa, that right there is an absolute win win, but at cost of performance hit and some instances, it can be huge, but its ok for me, I am all Image quality, longs its smooth enough to play, and believe me, certain games at lousy 20 fps, can still be very playable, and every game going to react different, even at same fps like mentioned before, 20 fps, some might not be playable at all, some games its very playable, Every game is going to be different of course, longs its playable with lil to no hitching, I am good. :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    jura11 and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    Hey man that was a nice read, but i think multi gpu is not a realistic approach to gaming, developers just wont optimize wasting resources on a niche system configuration, i wish gpu scaling was independant of game coding and just enabeling raw power.

Mda400 likes this.
  4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Yes and I dont blame you one bit. I wish it was that easy, put 4 cards and ready to go, doesn't work that way, even with 2 cards, some games your ready to go without tuning but with proper tuning, you can get better scaling and other things along the way, like I said before, no nvidia inspector, no SLI whatsoever PERIOD.

Thank goodness for inspector, that's all I got to say, without it, you can kiss sli goodbye forever.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok, I can only use 20000 letters at one particular post, so I can not update anymore on that list of games I have tried on the 1st page of this thread.

So therefore, I will continue on this particular post:

Metro Exodus(DX11 API) - UPDATE ON (4/14/19):

Ok first of all I would like to say one thing to make it perfectly clear, If anyone has 4 cards in general and going to fine tune this game, be absolutely aware that any minute tuning of this game in any shape or form, could cause a BSOD upon starting the game. I change one little thing within nvidia inspector and quickly I got BSOD, at time I might get a complete hang and some graphic problems, have to do a hard reset.

I have never had to do a hard reset so many times during my 4 way sli experience as much as this game, good god ol'mighty, very very very bad.

Far as scaling goes, most I have gotten the scaling % is like 60-70%, but even then, I get like 1 and 3/4 performance increase over one card.

I even went into the hex editor and modified the .exe and the meta_ssr to ....... to disable DOF and increase sli performance, nope, infact, if any, very very very small increase in performance, other then that, TRASH!...

I had to be extra careful of which sli profile and hack + broadcast bits I choose, cause this stinkin' game is so dang sensitive that one small dinky change, BSOD upon startup, WORST game I ever tuned in my 4 way sli experience, this is absolutely the worst, no doubt about it.

If you choose a certain sli profile and a particular sli hack bits or broadcast bits, certain sli bits will react with a BSOD if your using certain sli hack or broadcast bits, one change in those hack or broadcast bits with a certain sli profile = BSOD.

I tried changing tons of stuff, even though so many darn hard resets(other games don't do this), scaling remains the same. Tried running under win 7 and turning off all full-screen optimizations = X.

Tried SFR and SFR+AFR = X

Also tried DX12 just for kicks and changed sli profile bits to see any reaction = TRASH!

I also tried changing the quality preset to low to ultra = X

Extreme Preset = Gpu usage is extremely abnormal, I think this is due to WAY out of vram and card is having a very difficult time with it, another settings that acts bad is the hair physx, turn it off.

So as it stands on my final impression of tuning this game = ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMENDED PERIOD!

If 2 way yes, anything more = NO.

Done with this game for now, going to try a different game, more updates later so check back later.

And I thought tuning the division was bad, holy sweet upside down pineapple cake.

UPDATE ON METRO EXODUS:

I'll try the newer driver then one I been using currently, perhaps it could change something, My guess is flat out no, but I'll brb on the results, thanks.

UPDATE ON METRO EXODUS ON (4/16/19):

Ok time to fill in the updated details, quite interesting.

First of all, 4-way sli is out of the question, so what I did is I try to do 3-way instead of 4-way.

Scaling wise, well in the beginning when your in that damn sewer, one card gets 23 fps, all three with proper tuning, I get about mid to upper 50's fps. Then after sometime, I am in the outside area, I think overall scaling here is kinda weaker, despite my gpu usage.

And yes I am still getting BSOD's, after each startup of the game, to bypass this, you have to start the game in safe mode, I think dropping down the res to 1280x1024.

There is massive flickering in this game when 3-way is in use, but I figured out how to bypass it and make it all normal but it only happened once, start in safe mode, then change your resolution to your desired res, mine was 4k(2400p), then go back to the main screen, all the flickers are gone, even loaded up the save file, flicker free.

In regards about the BSOD, I did some lookup, It could be the overlays from geforce experience program, I had to re-install the drivers and experience because of so many dang hard reset's I had to do with this good for nothing game. I even tried to start geforce experience, BSOD upon startup, because the system had to be hard reset-ed so many darn times because of this game, everything got corrupted.

Yes, I am still messing around with this game, I'll give everyone more details, as it stands, 3-way sli = so so, no where near Rise of tomb raider SLI scaling, not even close, but overall so so scaling, 4-way scaling?? FORGET ABOUT IT, at least at this time.

I'll see what I can do in this game. More update later, this game is very crazy when messed with.

UPDATE ON METRO EXODUS ON (4/17/19):

I tried cleaning out the drivers and start everything fresh, including geforce experience and this time I shut off the stupid overlays.

And guess what??? Upon starting up, game freezes.

Last several times I am using the modded Quadro Driver: Revision - 419.67 and it still flunks, I made my own custom sli dx11 profile bits, works better but still the same thing, hang right in the beginning, I don't know a way to force safe mode upon starting up instead of making it happen on purpose.

As it stands, Passing on this game.

Going to try Devil May Cry 5 later.

UPDATE ON DEVIL MAY CRY 5 ON (4/19/2019):

This is actually several days old or so. I just did a quick test to see how it would re-act, first initial impression is very impressive, scales very well.

Far as flickering there is very little, despite being a RE2 engine, very good thus far.

Alot more tuning is needed for this game, will give heads up later.

Also, speaking about RE2 engine, RE2 remake is by far the worst, when it comes to graphical anomalies and mirror like effects,etc. Very unplayable, even though scaling is great, its beyond bad, haven't tried it with these drivers yet, will give more updates later.

So far so good with DMC 5, check back for more future updates, thanks. And also, even with one gtx 970 @ 4k(2400p), at max settings, it runs extremely well, very quite impressive, over 30 fps, Very good performance for an old card.

UPDATE ON DEVIL MAY CRY 5 ON (4/20/2019):

Ok, Reporting back what I have tested.

Did alot of testing with this game, and this is what I found in the end:

Remember in the beginning when I said, first initial impression was impressive?? I'll take that back.

Massive tuning was involved in this game to get it going.

Yes, there is massive flickering in this game and I can not get rid of it.

Scaling wise, some parts of the game scales decent, some areas like beginning of mission 2, scales weak.

Very very few sli DX1x profile will scale properly at all with this game so be absolutely careful.

within the bits of Act of aggression profile, in those areas, if it's out of those area, bits will NOT WORK PERIOD!

Certain areas and cutscenes, were skipping and pausing prettie bad, mainly due to certain graphic settings, they all have to be fine tuned in order to work properly.

What I recommend this? For testing purposes sure, for normal game play, long term? NO.

I will be testing 3 way to see how it will re-act.

As it stands, for long term play = X.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON MASS EFFECT 3 - (4/23/19):

Just to give everyone heads up, I re-tested Mass effect 3 again with the same exact mods and modded .ini file, in 3-way, not 4-way.

At times it scales very well, and other times its like eh, I mean it is using the 3rd card but very tiny of it.

Far as the intro is concerned, the scaling is weak.

Also you MUST use hybrid aa otherwise scaling is piss poor.

I used within nvidia inspector: 4xS [Combined: 1x2SS + 2xMS (D3D only)] + 2xSGSSAA

Also, just for kicks, I used Override: 2x2 SS and scaling = X

Did Override 2xMSAA+2xSGSSAA = uses the 4th card for some reason, all gpu's usage maxed out and weak ass scaling to boot, worse then 3-way scaling, some very abnormal reaction here causing the 4th gpu to kick in, even though I forced it in 3-way.

So Would I recommend 3-way for this game? Its a toss up because it doesn't stay 3 way perfomance at all times, so it would depend who's playing it, Would I recommend it? NAH

And yes, I also made my own custom dx9 sli bits for this game.

2 way yes, anything more, NO

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok just tested an old benchmark program DEVIL MAY CRY 4(DX10 API):

Here we go:

@ 3840x2400 Resolution, Enhance AA through nvidia inspector 8xSGSSAA(MUST BE USED in order to scale well).

Ingame settings All maxed out, MSAA x 8

Here are the Results:

1 gpu performance:

Scene 1: 24.95, Scene 2: 18.36, Scene 3: - 23.89, Scene 4: 21.70

4-way Sli Performance:

Scene 1: 95.63, Scene 2: 71.62, Scene 3: 94.05, Scene 4: 80.10

I believe these are an average recorded fps during benchmark.

As you can see, Scaling is an Absolute Beast to be reckoned with...

Some parts offers PERFECT SCALING...

These I believe are average fps being recorded after scenes are completed.

EXCELLENT Peformance!!!!

Scaling Performance wise, Absolutely Shreds DMC 5 to its Grave, There is absolutely no comparision here. Main reason why, this is DX10, and the newer one is DX11(could be in issue with certain games, NOT all).

On top of that, No hitching of any sorts, NO BSOD's, no Flickering of any sorts, Nvidia inspector SGSSAA is working Nicely, No slow downs, No nothing, Everything EXCELLENT!!!

One thing that MUST taking into consideration here, SGSSAA+MSAA puts alot more stress on the gpu or gpu's then without, Therefore rise in Temps will be greatly effected and not only that, Alot more power from the gpu's will be used, so must keep this in mind at all times, no exceptions.

Stock Sli profile was kept within nvidia inspector, only thing I changed is the DX1x SLI Broadcast to:

0x00000001 DYNAMIC_BROADCAST_RENDER_TO_TEXTURE - Use broadcast to render interframe depandent content.

Modded Quadro 419.67 was used in this game.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UNIGINE - SuperPosition(DX API/1080p Preset) - UPDATED ON (4/30/19):

This sucker Scales Extremely well, Checked how much fps per one card then went to 4-way, Holy $h!T!!, Excellent Scaling.

No BSOD's, No Flickering of any sorts, everything runs far's I can tell, extremely well, there is some slight Tear going on and stuff but nothing bad, this is due to Vsync being turned off, I always have it turned off wether benchmarking or playing games, to get the utmost fps, I always shut it off.

My final Score @ 1080p Extreme Preset, under 4-way, 1506mhz(Gpu Core Speed):

about 8400...

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for kicks, I tried 4k Optimized, some scaling usage problems here and there, I think the abnormal reactions has to due to the vram or the settings themselves, I can't do custom settings cause I am on the free edition, so I don't know which setting or settings is causing it.

Modded Quadro 419.67 was used during the benchmark session.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    BATTLEFIELD 3(DX11 API @ 4k/2400p, High Settings):

Ok I been messing with this game for past like 4 days or so, Wasn't on the game much, but enough to see how it performs.

Scaling wise is a beast BUT certain settings needs to be toned down to high, otherwise the in-game cutscene themselves, the scaling drastically reduces it performance BIG TIME, so for this reason, I set the key in-game settings to high.

There is some hitchin' here and there, but I found out a way to reduce it a bit, changes within the Sli Broadcast bits within Nvidia inspector.

I need more testing with this game, But played enough to see what kind of reaction on 4-way, so far, Great scaling, there is some abnormal scaling reactions here and there but quickly goes back to normal.

More tuning is needed, check back later for future results, but so far, scaling wise, BEAST!!!

Modded Quadro 419.67 was used in this game.

UPDATE:

After messing with certain SLI BroadCast bits, I now have reduce stuttering, man your not kidding.

Some Broadcast bits provides better performance in certain situations but the stuttering/hitching is absolutely crazy.

There is some stuttering here and there, I already confirmed it with one gpu and even on low settings, it does the same thing so its clearly not an MGPU situation.

At times, the scaling goes into stuttering mode but quickly goes back to normal..

Do I recommend using this for 4 way? Yes, give it a try. All together it performs nicely, some stuttering here and there but quickly goes away. No flickering of any kind is an A+ here.

So far, I would recommend using this profile. Prettie good.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Oh just heads up on something here to everyone and sorry for the off topic.

Recently I tried the win 10, 19h1, April 4th 2019 build, I haven't been testing any win 10 builds for awhile.

And wanted to see how it performs, everything performs well BUT when I start games in 4 way, Automatically BSOD:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I tried with two games that works perfectly with 4-way on RS2 RTM of win 10.

Both games, upon start up, Automatic hang, then bsod.

I never tried it in 3-way or 2-way configuration so don't ask.

I went back to RS2 RTM, and tried the 4-way with same games, works perfectly.

RS2 - 15063.1563

11. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    It might be due to their ogpu implementation.

remember dx12 ogpu is BS, it looks to see if you have crossfire or Sli enabled, then intervenes.
    Only ashes of the singularity implemented real mgpu. All other game claims of mgpu are bs. Its based on the SLI and crossfire flag.

To test, disable sli, and see if dx12 mgpu still works.

Vulkan in mgpu in Strange Brigade is the only Vulkan mgpu to date - mgpu game.

So, quad SLI on new build win 10 (may release) is going to be a tweak effort

12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    All good man, Went back to RS2 RTM and using the Most lastest update, april 9th of 2019, I am all set.

Thats why I always use RS2 RTM, runs prettie much excellent and runs 4-way sli prettie darn good, and the sli 1080ti's as well, so really no need to switch.

I might go back on it with the 2 1080ti's for testing purposes but for now with my 4-way sli, I couldn't be any more happier with RS2 RTM with most up to date build, but thanks for the recommendation.

13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    BATTLEFIELD 4(DX11 API @ 4k/2400p, MAX/4xMSAA Settings):

Used the same exact sli profile bits and both Sli broadcast and Hack Bits as with BattleField 3.

Played quite a bit, Checked scaling performance from 4 card down to 1 and then back to 4, Excellent Scaling Performance, I would say about 85% to bascially 100% scaling Performance, Excellent.

Everything is set to Max Settings, Including 4xMSAA within the program. Resolution set to 4k(2400p).

One thing I noticed is that, the Stuttering/Hitching is non-existent in this game under 4-way, whereas BattleField 3, there is some here and there but found ways to lower it by a large margin.

Best of all, NO BSOD'S of any kind whatsoever, No slowdowns, No Stuttering/Hitching of any sorts, No Flickering of any sorts, No nothing, Smooth as: I can NOT believe its BUTTA!!!

So Far Works Excellent. Yum Yum YUM!!!

Modded Quadro driver: 419.67 was used...

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. SirFlamenco

SirFlamenco New Member

GPU:
    2080 super
    Been watching this thread for some time, and I have one question : Could this be applied to Turing? As you probably know, the RTX card are limited by the NVlink connectors which are different from previous generations, and thus you can’t put old 4 way SLI bridges. Could there be a way to say, put four 2080tis in SLI together without a bridge?

15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    The Profile's themselves would all have to be re-tuned from the ground up.

Even my 980ti profiles(some of them) and my 1080ti sli Profiles, will NOT work with the 2-way sli gtx 970, I already tried and I already mentioned it in the past in this particular post.

I can ONLY guarantee the profiles I fine tuned ONLY to work with the GTX 970 family, there might be a chance that it may work with 980 NOT 980ti but don't bet on it, more the likely, would have to be fine tuned specifically for those cards.

Without a bridge??? I know I was looking up some stuff on the gtx 1060 which had no Sli Bridge connectors on top of the card, ran explicit SLI, ran through the pci-e bus themselves to do the communication between the cards.

Take a look at this video:

After you watch this video, now you will understand why nvidia took the bridge connector out, pretty obvious.

4 way turing??? Don't think its possible, I don't own the card at all, I am basically skipping the 2080ti at this point, for an refresh version or something better cause its not worth upgrading from my 2 1080ti hybrids Equipped with XOC bios, the Cost difference to performance gain over the 1080ti is flat out: NOT WORTH IT!!!! and that is why I am skipping it, although I would like to test 2080ti however.

4 2080ti's???? You would have to play at least 8k to see any real advantage, 4k? Not worth it, unless your doing 4k with Very insane Injected SGSSAA+MSAA or something like that, otherwise, overkill, and even if you could run 4, the gpu usage @ 4k would be rather low, WHY, cause the 4 cards is WAY WAY to fast for 4k, if your doing 8k, you will see much better scaling and usage, I mean just one 2080ti @ 4k would make prettie much any game dance, so going with 4? At least 8k MIN, otherwise won't take any advantage of it.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GEARS OF WAR 1(Both DX9/DX10 API) - UPDATE (5/8/19):

So I tested this game with both under DX9 and DX10.

First thing I need to point out is that, when you use DX10/AA in the game settings, it sets to 4xMSAA, and even if go higher, it will revert back to 4(Default).

Scaling wise on Both DX9 and DX10 is Prettie Good I think.

SGSSAA on both DX9 and DX10 MUST be used, other wise scaling is so so.

SGSSAA max is X4, anything higher will NOT improve image quality.

Under DX9, within nvidia inspector, MUST set to AA to Override, then MSAAx4 and SGSSAAx4.

Under DX10, within nvidia inspector, Just set AA to enhance the application settings then SGSSAAx4 and your all set.

Proper aa bits also was used.

Scaling consistency under DX9 api is better then DX10, although under DX10 provides MUCH better fps performance overall but there is some scaling issues but they are tiny, for the most part, dx10 scaling scales extremely well, if the scaling weakens in a particular situation, to bring the scaling up, just bring up the aiming mode and the scaling goes way up.

DX9 api, although has vastly weaker fps performance, the scaling consistency keeps throughout more nicely.

Another thing, on level 2 of this game, there is a MASSIVE blur from foreground to all the way to the outer background, when you move your charc foward and back, you can see some kind of blur going in and out.

I already routed the problem of this and this only applies to DX10 NOT DX9 as DX9 doesn't have this issue.

Apparently the Post Processing setting within the in-game settings is the cause of this and nothing else.

It MUST set to low, otherwise you will have this problem and the blur is real bad.

Originally thought SGSSAA is the cause of this, NOPE. Even did 1 card with SGSSAA, NOPE, its the in-game setting: Post Processing setting.

So if this setting is set to low, the post processing effect, such as muted, vivid, intense, will NOT work cause its on low, so your stuck on default.

Great looking game even now, showing its age but good game.

Do I recommend playing this in 4-way?? YES, Very good scaling.

DRIVERS USED: MODDED QUADRO DRIVERS - 419.67

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GEARS OF WAR 4 - UPDATE (5-8-19) - Work in progress:

There is an Error code during startup of this game: GW402.

Apparently it has to do with the graphic card/drivers.

I even tried just 1 card, same thing.

I think its because I am using a modded driver and not the official one.

I will clean out the drivers and do a clean install of whql drivers then report back..

Work in progress, check back later for future results.

UPDATE:

Something happened to the network of the microsoft store and unable to start the sorry game, hate this store thingy, wish they had it on steam. Full update later, not anytime soon, thanks.

Update:

Choose not to do so cause I totally forgot this was a dx12 title, so running in 3 or 4 way mode, more then likely = X.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090

I know this is really late but Nvidia stopped that whole key nonsense.

People can do 4 way sli with 10series GPU's. One just has to make sure the 4way sli bridges one is using have the metal connectors. If you use the other non metal connector 4 way bridges then you will get massive studder. I think its a bandwidth limitation of the non metal connector bridges.

Like someone else has stated I too would love to see 4 way sli 1080tis

as a prior 2way sli user of 1080tis i'm sad but happy i sold my second card. the games i wanted to play just didnt scale well with SLI. DX12 newer games. And selling the second card at the height of Gpu Alt Coin Mining made me a but load of cash.

Also as a prior user of 2 way sli of gtx 970's. You will hit the vram issue on 4k and higher. now like you said with you having a ton of extra system ram that will help. but some of the issues i saw switching from sli 970s to sli 980s is that the minimum frames doubled on gpus with out the 3.5gb mem issue on 4k and above resolutions. Them minimum frames being doubled removed and studder i saw in games like the witcher 3 etc.

Its sadly a real thing.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Well for the most part, If I do one 970, I can keep most of the settings to max but on 4-way, certain settings could make it act up, like nvidia hair, Taa, TXAA, post processing and so on, depending on game as every game going to react different.

But far's my overall experience goes on this, pretty good, Alot better then originally expected, takes time but well worth it.

Don't be surprised if I get into the 3-4 1080ti bandwagon, might be quite some, NOT anytime soon thats for sure, But looking to it in the future.

Defin't not going to use xoc bios, I would have to revert back to stock bios as the XOC bios, from what I have experienced/observed is known to eat at least 550W and that's just the card itself. Like I stated before, 2 1080ti with XOC bios, my single rail 1200w seasonic prime gold gave up in matter of seconds on one game, soon as I put the second psu in the mix, not a single problem whatsoever, so having 4, would have to revert back to stock, not only that, our circuit breaker is 100a, so it would have to be stock bios.

4 1080ti with xoc bios, just the cards themselves, your looking, if its under complete load, about 2k watts of power, JUST the card themselves.

Thanks for the reply.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    YAKUZA KIWAMI 1 - (UPDATE ON 5/11/19):

Here we have a very interesting game on how it will perform on my setup, as this game is built using a modified version of the Yakuza 0 engine.

Since its neither Unreal engine based, Frostbite, Unity, and all others, rather interesting to see how this game will react.

Game was Tested @ 4k(2400p) w/MAX ingame settings, Including SSAX4...

I got some very interesting results and some bad ones.

Ok at first, Scaling on 2-3 way is very good, on 4 way, its rather decent but not Excellent.

I tested 1 card, I get about 21-22 fps in one particular scene, tested in 2 way, I get about 41+fps, 3-way I get about upper 50 fps and very low 60 fps.

Soon as I tried 4-way with proper DX11 Sli bits, Both Proper DX1x Sli BroadCast and Hackbits, I get about 66-73/74'ish fps.

I think decent, but here is one BIG problem here.

When enabled in either 3-way or 4-way Sli configuration mode, with the bits I am using now, There is a Very Very Very high chance that every single time you start the game, the game will Hang like before it even starts to load up the first screen, thus meaning I have to do a hard reset of my system

I might found a way to bypass this terrible ordeal cause it is a MAJOR PROBLEM from 3-way sli and 4-way sli. I even tried without using any DX1x BroadCast and Hack bits to see what kind of reaction, same thing.

From what I have experienced to bypass this, even though it is NOT 100% guaranteed that it will work all the time, it will NOT, rest assure you, you have to start the game like 2-way sli mode, start the game then exit out properly, then enable 4-way sli within nvidia inspector then jump back into the game, now if it is successful, after enjoying this game, exit out properly.

If you want to jump back on, I highly Recommend shutting the system down completely then re-boot system just to be safe.

Just starting up in 4-way Sli right off the back is like 19 out of 20 chance it will go through, I have seen it go through but hangs like 98% of the time, even in 3-way sli.

And I thought metro Exodus was bad, This game is extremely sensitive to 3-way and 4-way sli.

Far as playing the game itself in 3-way or 4-way sli mode, I see no flickering whatsoever, no stuttering of any sorts, Everything is running smooth as Butta. SSA is working nicely, confirm it works under 4-way mode.

Interestingly enough when using SSA, for some reason, SSAX8(which is absolutely brutal), doesn't seem to work at all, So only X4 or under works, X8 is not working period.

So all in all, Do I recommend using this in 4-way?? If you can get it to boot up properly, Sure, give it a try.

But really I would only stick to 2-way mode to be safe, I had to reset many times and find proper bits and etc,etc to get the most fps under 4-way mode.

Very interesting Results on this game, and Very hectic and very very stubborn under both 3 and 4-way Sli Mode.

I tried finding ways to bypass this issue, at first, I thought it could be my startup settings as they are set to max with SSAX4, so I put everything on low and at my native resolution to see how it will react, Nope, Same thing happened.

Next I messed with vsync and fps cap, I put the fps cap to 60 and enable vsync to see if I can bypass it, NOPE.

I tried different SLI Dx11 bits, NOPE, Infact if those particular bits does go through, its the one that doesn't scale worth jack and I have tried many Bits including the ones I made on my own.

The only Way I can bypass this I think, even though its not 100% guaranteed, is to use that method mention above.

Might be doing a 4k video upload on this cause how stubborn this game is, Take the chance while I am at it, so I might upload a video later, check back later, I might do so, thanks.

More the system resets itself, more chance I have to re-install the OS, so I going to grab the chance while I still have it.

DRIVERS USED: USED BOTH MODDED QUADRO DRIVERS: 419.67 AND 430.64

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.