My case mod log

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by barwell1992, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    I have it blowing air in so it helps cool the back of the motherboard (especially due to the warmer nature of the X58 boards) and my chipset temp idles around 30'c, with the motherboard main temp around 27'c (both according to Everest).

I can only imagine it being a good thing for a board to have a balance of cooler air onto both sides of the board........or maybe its just a gimmick, I dont know, but the theory seems good :D

2. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    I hope it turns out to be fantastic one, good luck mate.

3. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ^^ cheers

and ok thanks jonny i think im going to invest on one of those thermalright rear side motherboard coolers thats if it fits with my back plate

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  4. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ok i have some progress to report nothing to the case but with stuf im ordering for it

i have orderd a 24pin extension cable (24cm long) so will be cuting another hole for the 24pin to pass through also might be investing in some (4) 6pin extension cables that are12inch long so should also be able to rought those behind the motherboard tray

im going to be ordering 3x xigmatec fans ,coolermaster 4 in 3 hdd cage and cooler and a thermalright IFX 10 back side cooler but depends whether i think it will fit when i get home tonight, then if the xigmatec fans are quietenough for my tastes will be ordering another 2 and 2 fan grills for my side window

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    oh baby this will look sweet.

/following closely

6. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ^^ cheers the only cables i wont be able to hide atm are the ide and pcie as they are to short

well the ide isent to short but to fat to bend back on its self so im going to try and get one of the flat wide ones but in black so i can bend it back on its self under the mother board

7. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ok just orderd the old flat style ide cable 70cm long so will go around the motherboard and up to the hdd cage when i get it

8. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Lookin' good Bro!

On the IDE ribbon cables, as long as you can keep them flat against the back of the motherboard tray and not bunched up, they'll do fine, but I think the round IDE cables would be a better choice personally...they take up literally a tenth of the room that the flat ribbon cables use up.
    SATA would obviously be the best choice, but no need to upgrade your HDDs just to have SATA cabling! ;)

Everything else is looking really good!

I realize you've got an idea in your head of how your airflow is going to work - just don't be afraid to change it up and test other configurations...I'd hate to see you get worse temps than before, or even worse, not realize the full potential of your mods!!

Good job Bro.

Psychlone

9. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ^^ thanks :) and the ide cable i have is round but i carnt bend it to get it under the motherboard and through the hole i created in the case

and dont worry im going to try diforent air flows :D just to test you theory out :)

10. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    Update time i just placed my order at scan

3 120mm Xigmatek XLF-F1253 White 4 LED Quiet Fan 1500rpm Transparent
    Coolermaster Full Alloy 4 in 3 Devices Module
    2 120mm Akasa MG-12 Chrome Fan Guard
    1 Akasa 60mm Amber Case Fan, 3 Pin, 2 Ball Bearing, Ultra Quiet and Long Life

total inc p&p £56.02p

ohh and primed my front fan holder to see if i need to buy diforent primer or not

11. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    just orderd paint and primer 1x 500ml gloss black and 1x 500ml grey primer

12. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    just removed the motherboard tray and drive bay rack and sanded the motherboard tray ready for priming and then painting

13. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    update with pics

well got my 24pin extension cable thats exactly the way i want it , if it was braided then i wouldent be able to bend it round the mother board

[​IMG]

also sanded all parts down ready for primer, used heavy sand paper just to make sure the primer sticks to the metal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just a few shots of my verry messy work place realy need to tidy up as my mum and dad are nagging me to death about it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    just a quick note all the holes cannot be seen with the componets in thats why they arnt done to perfection lol

EDIT also got my IDE cable that i have taped over the bits that can be seen with electrical tape so it is now black :D

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  15. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    well i finished priming last nigh and have just finished painting the pices black

hears the final out come of the painting its all dried and has been poished

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now all im wating on is the stuf from scan as some of it was out of stock also some more rivets as im nearly out .... typical

16. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    semi put back to gether wating for some rivets to turn up then i can get on a finish it then im just wating for scan to deliver my stuf and im ready to rumble :D

befor
    [​IMG]

after :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    Looking really good mate, what colour theme are you going for in terms of lighting etc?

... Keep up the good work!

18. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    cheers and im puting the orange and black xigatec fans in there :D also have 2x blue fans on the side window but they might be swaped for some xigmatec's if i decide they are quiet enough :) alos have a akasa 6cm amber fan for my NB to keep the theam going

19. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Looks awesome, cant wait to see it with the xiggies.

20. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ^^^ cheers have a look in the rig galery i have new pics with hardware in :)