My case mod log

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by barwell1992, Sep 7, 2009.

1. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    well hear is my case mod log nothing fancy un like most of the mods on hear but ohh well

well to start with i have a gigabyt arura 3d 570 that is verry big and can hold a lot of hardware but the air flow through the front is awful so i decided to do somthing about that to start with i thorght just get more powerful fans but then drilled the front of my case and fond that my temps droped quite a bit so decided to go all the way and do some mods to the front of the case

so first i drilled the front aluminum crest to aid air flow i also used a counter sinker to smooth he edges and make them look nicer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then i turned to the inside of the case and decided to dril the rivits and remove the front hdd cage and fan grill

(befor) see the poor air flow
    [​IMG]

hdd cage out and fan grill out and cut and sanded fan bit ready for primer when i get some lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

all removed
    [​IMG]

ooooooo look at that air flow :D lol
    [​IMG]

cut some small holes in the motherboard tray to route fan and usb cables through
    [​IMG]

the cut fan grill placed backin but not riveted as im wating on the rivet gun
    [​IMG]

with the fan mounted on the reverse of the cage as it will push the air further in to the case where its needed moor obviously not fixed on yet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ohh and the wheal polish is on the side as i just used it on both of my motor bikes

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    i then decided that i dident like the mesh side so set about cuting 2x120mm fan holes in the suplied acrylic just so you know i have never used a dremel befor this mod so its not perfect but is verry smooth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

will be geting a coolermaster 4 in 3 device

[​IMG]

it holds 4 hdds and hase anty vibe mounts also has 120mm intake fan and nice front that is not shown in that pic

will have another update soon

3. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Looks like alot of fun man and great work!! :) What else are you gonna do? Lighting? water chillers? rads? any other ideas?

4. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    haha im 17 and dont have a job so water cooling is out of the question but im going to spray the motherboard tray and bay holders all gloss black and the fans i will be using will be 3x xigmatec black and orange fans so should look good :)

would love to go water but carnt aford to run my bike and do that lol

the fan grill i get will be sprayed black as well so should look quite mean when its done i dont like the front of the case that much so may look to see what i can do with that to but all in all this is a low budget mod :)

just got to work out wether i can cut holes for the ide cable and or the 24pin cable and fit the behind the motherboard but i think they are to thick to get behind there any other sugestions ??

5. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    You can always cut another hole on the side for more cable management.. Dremel tool would work I think. Cuts are pretty slick :)

6. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    yeh but my 24 pin is very thick but i may cut a hole in front of the motherboard so its visible but then can pass the cable through without any bending or presure on the 24pin motherboard socket where as the ide cable i think i could get that behind the motherbard as it wot strugle to reach the hdd cage any more as it wont have to snake all over the palce un like befor

and the holes in the motherboard where done with a dremel but were only done rough as they cant be seen :)

7. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    decided im going to see if a 140mm fan will fit in the front of the case as i might as well go as big as i can :) lesser rpm less nois more cooling :D

8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    If you can you might want to use a whole saw with a drill if your gonna cut cable management wires. Looks like you did great with the mods you've already done, so congrats :D.

9. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    Yeah i agree with the rest its looking pretty sweet. Keep up the good work.

10. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    cheers all :)

and i would have used a hole saw but my ones have broken and i carnt be botherd to spend another load of cash on them when im verry short on cash as it is lol what i have in mind for the 24pin is to drill a hole just infront of the otherboard about 2cm big that the 24pin cable will fit through and then cut diagnaly from that hole so it goes under the motherboard area so that i can pass the 24 pin through sidways then swivelit round aand plug it in to the mothere board

ok just reread that and it make no sence but basicly a rectangle with a rounded end that prodtrudes from the motherboard area so ther is less stres on the 24pin i may also do this for my ide as its the tube tipe ide cable

11. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2070 SUPER
    You are a very brave man I can't wait to see the end result.

12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Nice mod..

13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    One suggestion please dont take offence i think you could add more holes as i dont think there is enough to get good amount of cool air in

14. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    quixz: yup its do it right or suffer the dread of not having a case lol but if somthing goes bad i could jut get my dad do help lol :D

and i know hwat ure saying masterchief but im hoping with the hdd cage intake fan will add some cool air and the front intake at the bottom will not be abstructed buy any thing so should get some good air flow through there and then the 2 fans on the side panel are also intakes the push about 25-35 CFM(ish) each as they only spin at 900rpm and make no noise what so ever

so will have 1x61 CFM bottom intake and 1x40 CFM(ish) intake hdd cage 2x25cfm side panel intakes

2x61 CFM exhaust 1x50cfm exhaust(mounted out side drawing air through the gpu ports as my gpu's dont expell air out theback) and 1x140mm psu fan that has a heat sensor :)

or i might use another 900rpm fan as the gpu exhast as it may not need that much to remve the heat with the power full fans at the top

so all in all it should be quite efective

and befor all this my gpu's were 70c max on furmark 45% fan and 45idle also my cpu was at 28c idle and 60c load using ITB so was never hot and hte cpu fan was on 1200rpm(goes to 2000rpm) but have swaped that fan out to a better one that spins at 1200rpm at about 1/3 more air flow and dosent wine like the stock one

i was thinking about puting a port on top of the case so the hot air flows out was thinking about using a car bonet scoop from a suburu mounted sidways acros the top of the case

:D that would also only cost about £20 ish inc p&p

15. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    decided while i was siting hear with all my pc stuf to have a look at fan cable routing on the front fan

so after thinking about it i just driled a hole and countersunk it to make it smooth and remove all the ruff edges, so now i can rout it round the back and stick the 3-4pin adapter on it a conect it up to my psu :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Any plans cutting hole to mobo tray just behind cpu ? After if you decide to get watercooling you would not need to remove that mobo to install that waterblock.

I have seen some cases have that hole and then fan on side panel blowing cold air to back of the mobo where cpu is. Not sure how much it can drop your temps, but it's something you should consider.

[​IMG]

17. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    did think about it but i dont have the space to fit a fan behind there but im thinking about cuting the hole out any way just to aid the cooling on the back of the motherboard as it will have more air geting to it

and if i do go water i could fir a triple 120mm rad in the bottom now :D or maybe just 2x120mm on the bottomand 1 120mm where the fan is at the front :)

18. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    these are what i will be ordering soon a lot for what it is but i think it will be worth it

[​IMG]

can any one tell me how loud these fans are i have head theyare quite quiet

19. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    I have the Spedo and I think the air blowing onto the back of the mobo is a pretty good idea. :D

20. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    how much heat can you feal coming out of the back ??