My bfbc2 tweak guide

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Prophet, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr

In your case, no I dont think you could learn anything by hanging around with obama and doing politics.

Nice bet, like the rest of your comments it´s unqualified. Like claiming my guide isnt any good cause I recommend some tools to help make changes easier. Like I said earlier, you are welcome to bring informative comments.

2. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    According to tweakguides triple buffering can actually introduce tearing and control laghttp://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_10.html.

Are you saying that only from the 90´s there are top players? Or just that cause I´m older than you that the information I´m providing isnt valid? Etc. Again, please stick to the facts and please ask more questions if there is more stuff you don´t know.

3. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    To be fair, most people even today are well aware that VSYNC gives them a disadvantage online in FPS games. Most serious players run with it off.

4. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    Vsync is always forced off from cp for me lol.

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    vysnc is dependent on game to me. In some games the tearing is noticable, and others its not. Speaking of hardware, I would rather spend money on a new GPU/CPU instead of a 120hz monitor.
    Easiest things to change to get more FPS is level of detail to medium and HBAO off, thats instant +10-15FPS there. If thats not enough, change shadows to medium also.

6. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    I usually have vsync on in single player games. If I have enough tearing in multiplayer games (depending a bit on game ofc) I just don´t play it until I have the hardware for it :)

7. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    Yea 60 hz with fast access times are mostly good enough. 120hz is probably only if you want to compete in fps, or like me am a bit sensitive to lag. I figure you can have a monitor 5 years or so, so it´s still a good investment if the price is right ofc.

8. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
  9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, I use D3DOverrider, it forces Triple Buffering & V-Sync, which means the same performance minus tearing.

It's really annoying BC2 with Tearing, it's everywhere.

10. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    uhhhh screen tearing. I dont know how some people dont notice it. it drives me CRAZY. but everyones eyes are different. i dont even care if it hits performance a bit, i would much rather have a soother screen than have it chopping all over the place. how am i supposed to shoot someone if all i can look at is all the tearing? lol it drives me nuts!!!

11. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Have u tested this or just say so coz u wanna say so ?? i mean if u have tested can u post the results ??

12. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I still never can find how VSync causes lag, I never saw any lag with vsync triple buffer turned on.

deltatux

13. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    It's very subtle, deltatux. During normal play, it sorta feels like your hand is moving on a padded surface, but during intense moments it can cause the game to bottleneck and skip a few frames.

14. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    You do know that the game uses Havok and not Physx, so doing the above doesn't achieve anything.

15. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I can't play an FPS without vSync, the tearing is awful. A constant 60 FPS with max settings does me just fine.

16. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    lOl'ed. Pretty much discredits OP.

And I recommend ya'll stop getting so concerned over settings and blaming them for your lack of skill and actually l2p the game :)

17. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3080
    There's a few specs of sound general PC advice, but yes... being 'elite' (or formerly) should not count for credible PC advice...

Maybe I might want to write batchfiles to kill off processes I may or may not have installed like vmware (for some reason in the example)... but the question is, why am I not flipping burgers trying to earn cash in order to get rid of my 386 and get a computer circa 2010 instead?

Personally I cannot handle vsync on in any FPS because of mouse lag, even with triple buffering. RPGs and RTS games I don't care because I don't need that level of precision movement.

Plus where can I get that Kingston 6GB Videocard??

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  18. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    Hm, I´m not sure of any tests that would register it. I tested it with 260.63 and yes I definately felt it being smoother and with less microstutter. I do write 'please provide feedback' and I havent tested it with the latest driver (261.00) so YMMV.

19. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    I was going to write a response and ask you to stop whining but then I saw your nick :p

20. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    The information should stand on its on whether or not someone has been playing on high level or not yes. I was asked and answered thats all. Most gameguides as far as I can tell are written by 'non-elites' most 'elites' spend to much time gaming.

As for the batchfile I have it there as an example, which should be quite obvious if you read it properly. Of course there will probably be only very few who use vmware who read that.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010