My 5th year here at Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by darknight909, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    "Celebrated" my 7th year here in mid-February :p

2. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    Oh...you filled in your profile. Is that recent or have I just been gone for a while?

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    3 here. :D

4. WCASD

WCASD Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
    this

5. .Rain

.Rain Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870
    I've been around since 2006. Guru3d is what inspired me to build my first gaming PC.

6. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Heh , I came here when I got my GF3 ti200 many a year ago.

7. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

I used to lurk around the forums lot during my earlier years, but then work and responsibilities got the better half of me. It still feels like a dream though, almost 6 years have passed. I feel like an old man :(.

Slightly off-topic, but I think the front page deserves a major overhaul both layout and interface wise, don't you think ?

8. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    i recon ive learnt quite a bit during my stay i just checked up my history omg some of the retard questions i have asked is quite shocking.

9. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Ditto, although I don't post all that much.

10. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Wow, you guys are all Guru3D young'ns compared to me. I joined 03-21-2002 (which appears to make me member #2278 if I did the math right) and was lurking here since 1998! I think the site was called voodooguru at that time, but I can't remember for sure. Anyhow, at one time the ONLY 3D card worth having was the 3dfx Voodoo, so practically every site on the 'net had either "3dfx" or "voodoo" in the title.

You folks all probably have been active on the forums way more than I have, though. I've always just come here for news and driver updates.

P.S. LOL what's funny is it says "Newbie" under my name on the left! :funny:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009

11. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    A few less posts and you would have more years as a member than posts!

12. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Aye gratz man!

Even i have to say ive learnt alot from reading posts on this site and have saved quite a fair bit of money using this forum as well. Many thnx to Aircool btw who recently managed to find some custom firmware for my router saving me from having to go out and buy a new one.

13. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I also have to point out that the site's longevity is a real credit to the dedication that Hilbert has put into it. Look at all of the other 3d sites that sprang up at around the same time this one did. They're either dead, or transmogrified into something else (à la voodoofiles.com). ONLY GURU3D SOLDIERS ON, to paraphrase the movie "Children of Men". It's pretty amazing how much work he puts into this site on a daily basis. Hilbert, I hope you don't die young because of this website!