My 280x is dead. The new RX 470X nitro worth it?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by megamaan, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Do you even own any legit games? I sincerely doubt it. I am probably aware of the technicalities involved more than you do when it comes to game engines, when was the last time you compiled any game engines from it's source code off Github? Likely never. You are just another rabid AMD fanboy, who suffers from superiority complex, since you didn't get the "attention" you thought you would from nvidia, you switched sides and now hate on them. Says a lot about being "butthurt." Read up some of my posts maybe, I have said the same thing about different hardware/software configurations causing problems for people who constantly rage in the drivers section about how bad the AMD drivers are like this-> :bang: You pretty much ignored most of the other aspects of my other post, speaks volumes.

AMD is the same company that locked down "VSR" for HD 7000 series likely because of the excuses you make for them, that they probably couldn't test for max compatibility on different hardware/software configurations, so they decided to lock it down, and have one of their reps, AMDMatt, bluff us with tales of a "scaler" existing within the R9 280X that doesn't exist in the HD 7970/7970 GHz whereas nvidia has this working for cards starting from GTX 400 series. Then people got tired of the BS and the lies and used registry hacks to add it for themselves. :banana: Still no sign of the promised 3200X1800 VSR on the HD 7900 series of cards though. Your 390X is perfectly capable of doing 4K VSR, and that too is locked down from within the drivers.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Great Choice :)

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Does that card have an overly bright, annoying as hell LED logo on it? I got the XFX RX 470 lastnight and the white LED is so bright I can't see the red LEDs in my case fans anymore.