MW2 Skipping etc

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Acid Twin, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Acid Twin

Acid Twin Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATi 4870 X2 2GB
    Just noticed some of my games have started skipping, for example in MW2 the video briefings start skipping ever 5 seconds or so including sound after loading is complete.

Tried a few different drivers, much worse when the newer ones are installed. Just in case I reinstalled all other drivers, so wondering if anyone is getting some skipping?

Seems to be in-game too but minor in comparison to mission briefing videos.

(Also reinstalled codecs and disabled gpu video acceleration for mkvs etc. just in case related, no difference.)

Sorry if this ends up being unrelated to the ATI drivers, delete if need be.

-Acid

2. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    im running 9.9 drivers and everything is fine, no skipping.

3. Acid Twin

Acid Twin Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATi 4870 X2 2GB
    Hmmm, puzzling cannot figure it out :/

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    CPU or GPU overheating? Though that affect all games.

5. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    i get skipping with sound in the cutscenes it has something to do with hardware acceleration with soundcards, ive followed the guide on how to fix but still have the same problem.
    search on goggle you will find a few pages with this problem,ive also found that disabling sync frame will make game a lot smoother,as i did this with cod 4 also.

6. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Maybe try to find out and change some lines in the configuration files (not via game). Sometimes by tweaking that file it'll give you better performance.

Also, note that CrossFire configuration may induce problems as multi-GPU implementations have not yet fully matured.

deltatux

7. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yups, I have skipping sound in the mission briefing/intros as well. The sound is perfectly normal during normal gameplay, though. Has to be a game bug, I googled it and there seems to be a few with the same problem.

8. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    I thought it was another problem with the ****ty ASUS Xonar drivers but looking at everybodys specs seems that it's a game problem.

9. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    The only similarities I see w/ this problem is that all ppl reported w/ this issue have CrossFire configurations so I think that most likely is the issue. Try disabling CrossFire and check if it fixes it.

deltatux

10. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    It very likely IS the reason.
    I have also seen reports of slow Dragon Age loading due to crossfire recently

11. Acid Twin

Acid Twin Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATi 4870 X2 2GB
    Your going to absolutely laugh but I've found the weirdest fix, it seems to work though so....

I first assumed memory leak, if you notice the issue starts right after the loading bar is complete, during loading all is fine.

I have a habit of moving the mouse around during videos or while things load in general (as I'm sure most here do lol), I hadn't done it earlier but tonight have done it through the video briefings and while I move the mouse around the problem does not occur..... how strange is that???

Try it! Let me know if it works for anyone else suffering the same annoying little issue, if it does then I'm surely not crazy and it's yet another wrist workout :p

Edit: Turning crossfire off worked too, also in-game seems much much smoother - thank you.

:biggun:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  12. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Hah, you bought the game?... Don't. LOL.

13. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    yup dragon age is stuttering for me!,will try one card tonight and report back.

14. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    For me all game works perfect, just on the end in the museum i got artefacts. I use enzyme 1.0.

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Haha! You're right, moving the mouse actually works. Not a single hiccup in the sound! Best fix. Ever.

This beats turning Crossfire off. The game is perfectly smooth for me with that enabled anyway (I run D3D overrider, that may help). I run 1920x1200 with 8x AA so I need Crossfire working. Moving the mouse around a bit during the intros, no problem!

Thank you good sir :D

16. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Runes like a charm, with no skips what so ever.

17. Acid Twin

Acid Twin Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATi 4870 X2 2GB
    No problem glad I could give a little back to the forum even if it is minor lol. :)

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Works fine here, just a shame the games ***** :bugeye:

19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    nvm x

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  20. mrBullseye

mrBullseye Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 GHz Ed.
    Way to go on the impromptu fix :D Too bad I played all game with the stutters during cutscenes and had to really focus not to loose interest or get too annoyed.

Never could Imagine moving your mouse around could fix it. I always noticed the same as you that the sound skipping started after the loading was completed. Guessed i t could be something to do with CF or the fact that I have an X2, but didnae want to turn CF off.
    Anyway, that game is a done deal for me.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009