mw2 no severs

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by abenson246, Oct 17, 2009.

1. snapster

snapster Active Member

GPU:
    ATI XFX 5870
    Shame rly i been playing COD games since COD1,and this is what PC community gets in return nice going IW.

2. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    The only reason I can think that IW got rid of dedicated servers was to try to prevent piracy in the form of cracked servers. I guess that was their logic, thinking it would force those people to buy the game but by hurting all the legitimate user of dedicated servers is just ****ing stupid.

3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB

Doesn't matter anymore what ANYONE says about why they did it. The global fanbase is on fire, it's a wave you cannot stop.

And instead of saying something like "sorry, we underestimated you guys, we currently discussing dedi-servers via future patches" they chose to *BS* their way out of this mess. The mask is off.

Everbody knows companies have to make money to stay alive and it's ok as long as you can keep up the public believe you're doing it for the customers. ;)

4. Incognito5000

Incognito5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Same...finding myself hard pressed to even bother buying COD4:MW2 if they're gonna take this route...

5. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    You miss the point that we are talking about Activision, not IW.

Activision don´t care about one game, is using COD reach their objetive of locked games in PC to implant their bussines model, that its pay for download and prices like consoles in their room of games and downloads filled of ads.

They don´t care about one game only, that don´t matter if COD don´t work, in the hype generation that we live they´ll try everything untill it works, COD 5, COD 6, tv ads campains, webs campains, ... , if cod don´t work they can buy a new name and here we go again.

Sure you already read this: That they what do a better service, better experience, ... , that is the web campain through game webs that live from games ads.

The cost of machmarking servers is low compared with dedicated servers, becouse is a poor service compared to, and drive the players through the pipeline that is register for play, it bring others methods to earn money like ads in a room for download content for example and in the wors case pay for play.

The prove that this method works, and bring benefits, is that it works in console enviroment.

The PC is a pain in ass to distributors, free online play, free donload content, free campains, mods that are complete conversions, ... , some console players end up migrating to PC and it is bad for bussiness.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  6. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Everybody, don't worry about MW2 being rubbish... Cancel your pre-orders and get back onto the Battlefield! Custom servers. mods and everything you could want from a game! Plus they're just awesome, BF2 FTW!!!

7. DannyBoy27

DannyBoy27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480
    Agreed - i recently put it back on and im loving it with a few mates tbh!

I just wish that the anti material 50cal sniper got a rehaul somewhere along the way in the patches - as its just not powerful enough against light vehicles, or even soldiers ;)

8. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    BF2 is better than 1942...But BF1942 with the DC mod completely destroys BF2 all day long. BF2 with the Project Reality mod destroys all.
    COD series cannot really be compared with BF series because COD is for retards with ADD(except COD1 and UO).

9. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

Hei... I like COD 2.....

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    you like CODUO, but if a person likes other COD games they're retarted? no need to insult anyone! very unkool and immature!

11. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI

Actually IW didn't run any servers for previous games. and I mean that p2p listen servers will be laggy.

12. snapster

snapster Active Member

GPU:
    ATI XFX 5870
    Wrong thats not the main reason,main reason is they can charge PC users for DLC ill rather playe old games then pay something i been getting for free for the last 10 or more years.Its not about money i just dont want to be made a fool like Xbox players allowed themselves.

13. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Well i'm buyin it anyway, the single player looks freakin awesome and as for the servers, yeah it won't be as good, but for me i never play mods and am not into the servers that ban nearly every weapon in the game just cos they are NooB

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    VAC is alot easier to Hack than Punkbuster:)

15. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Over the years I have lost my COD boxed games but I bought two copies of MW and one of COD VI. I regret buying W@W but I do not regret buying MW twice. I was hoping to buy this game for myself and my offspring but it seems Fail Ward/Greed Vision don't want my money, not a problem, there're other games. Then there're ways of playing the game without paying useless companies.

This game will be hacked before its release and the Chinese will have full dedicated servers up and running before long and all those people who bought COD IV and V legitimately here will have even less reason to buy VI.

"Greed is good" said Gecko... before he went down. Now time for fools who try to take advantage of us to fail and go down.

Now, if dedicated servers are added I might reconsider but until then:

EPIC PHAIL!

16. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    So you don't their decision so you'll steal the game, nice one.

17. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    PC gamers get so arrogant thinking there few dollars means everything to developers today reality check they don't care they know theres very little money to be made from the PC market so they give you the shaft with crappy console ports etc..

18. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    How do you know it's a crappy console port til you've played it. Yeah it's a daft decision to remove dedi servers, but until we've played we don't know if it's a crap port or not, if MW is anything to go by it will look great, run great and play great.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  19. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    I ment console ports in general i.e no graphics options/optimization /dedicated servers in this this case no doubt the game is gonna be a blast but they are turning there backs more and more on the pc market.. it's been going down hill ever since next gen consoles hit the gaming market where the money is being made and piracy had been out of control why invest in developing a pc title when there no real profits being made.

20. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Oh right soz m8, yeah some games are absolutely crap when they are ported bad, but tbh, some peoples reactions show why developers don't care much for PC anymore, i've lost count of how many people on forums saying they won't buy just pirate it, no wonder they don't give a s**t.

And really, i think people forget that developers are in it to make money, simple as, and the sad fact is there is more money in consoles.

I'm still not saying they made the right decision removing dedi servers, but i'm not gonna have a bitch fit until i've tried the game, but from the trailers it looks friggin wicked.