Multiple msi icons in task bar after waking up from sleep

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by BlueGaming_, Oct 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BlueGaming_

BlueGaming_ Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2060 gaming z
    Hi,

I have an issue with Afterburner when waking up from sleep mode. When it goes from lock screen to desktop screen I have some small lag, I would compare it as in-game stutters..
    Directly after that if I check the hidden icons in task bar I often have multiple afterburner icons like two, three or even four.. I wait a little bit and they disappear to let only one left.. Please see the pictures it's hard to describe like that.
    Just after loading in the desktop :
    [​IMG]

(link to image : https://www.noelshack.com/2020-44-5-1604089323-123403864-1011479802684669-3676879056081494066-n.jpg )

And after a couple seconds :
    [​IMG]

(link to image: https://www.noelshack.com/2020-44-5-1604089383-123423376-2448219438817306-1500873781287261619-n.jpg )

My theory is that the micro stutters i got when loading in are related to the msi app.. I've already tried to reinstall it, check for virus, run malwarebyte.. But nothing..

This link talks about the same problem but the solutions didn't work either :
    https://answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr...ffichage/2505a0ef-0c6f-45a4-8c99-68c7aa60b179

if anyone knows about this problem please send help :)
    Thanks for reading

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Icons are recreated each time Microsoft taskbar process crashes. It is a consequence, not a casue.

3. BlueGaming_

BlueGaming_ Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2060 gaming z
    ok.. so do you know why the taskbar would crash ? just after wake up from sleep .. And why does it happen only with afterburner, and not other app like steam ?
    Thanks for your response

4. Unwinder

Because AB _restores_ icons on crash detection, applications may or may not track it. I cannot say why system component crashes on your side, it is up to you to figure it out.

5. BlueGaming_

BlueGaming_ Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2060 gaming z
    Yes of course i am just trying to understand. Could it be a conflict with another app ? like the MSI dragon center app ? Maybe even a nvidia driver ?

6. Unwinder

No. Once again, multiple recreated icons are the CONSEQUENCE of problem, not the reason of it. And I cannot help you with it further, sorry.

7. BlueGaming_

BlueGaming_ Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2060 gaming z
    Alright then thanks for your help :) I do understand that's the consequence, i am trying to figure what could be the cause, and if app conflict can be a cause then I'm reinstalling everything related to graphics card and msi soft
    if anyone had the same type of issue please let me know

8. BlueGaming_

BlueGaming_ Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2060 gaming z
    Uninstalling msi afterburner and msi dragon center solved both the lag exiting sleep mode and the multiple icons recreation.
    I guess it was a conflict or a bug with the current version of the softwares, windows 10 included.
    I'll report here if I find out exactly what was causing all this

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Dragon center has bugs crashing explorer and breaking other aspects of the nvidia driver currently, MSI Afterburner can be safely reinstalled - its just an innocent bystander.

10. BlueGaming_

BlueGaming_ Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2060 gaming z
    Ok thank you for the information, I’ll get rid of dragon center for a bit :)
    It’s a solved thread

11. ASPIRE

ASPIRE Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 TI
    I had this exact same issue, I found the problem was the MSI SDK, after uninstalling it the issue was resolved, hope it helps