Multiplane overlay issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Demiser, May 22, 2022.

1. Demiser

Demiser New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 GB
    My issue is with youtube playback or even anything that uses chromium like steam store. Getting really nasty slowdowns when scrolling while I've got a video running on either chromium based browsers or steam store which is also using chromium. Got a RTX 3060 and games work ok with mpo enabled but stutter here and there and I feel like there is also more latency. I know there is the mpo disable reg that fixes this but I'm curious how is everyone else's experience with this issue. Is there no other fix but to disable mpo? Using latest driver and windows 10 fully updated. Never had these issues before because I recently upgraded from a gtx 1060 and pascal based gpus don't support multiplane overlay.

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    MPO seems just plain broken with at least Nvidia, it even introduces stutter for me with single monitor in madVR/mpv fullscreen. Can only imagine how bad it must be with multi monitor.

3. Demiser

Demiser New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 GB
    Wow so I'm not going insane. Spent hours trying to fix this issue without using the disable reg file. Even reinstalled windows on a spare drive I had and still the same. In the end I gave up and disabled it and now everything runs perfectly. Funnily enough I posted a similar thread on /nvidia on reddit and my post got deleted in 5 minutes by nvidia mods. Would love to hear from more people if anyones actually got it running fine.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

5. Demiser

Demiser New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 GB
    Thanks for the info. Didn't find that link when I was looking around but I'm glad it's being worked on. I wonder what is taking them so long considering this issue is not present on firefox(i know they don't use the same engine).